Question for TI (Foxtrot) about doing the AAT normal.

Prev1
Indominable_J
1812 posts Member
edited October 2016
Since you have one of your guilds (Foxtrot) doing the AAT normal, I was wondering how many refreshes in they are and how far they've progressed. Also wondering if there's any general feedback TI has regarding the normal versus the heroic.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Since you have one of your guilds (Foxtrot) doing the AAT normal, I was wondering how many refreshes in they are and how far they've progressed. Also wondering if there's any general feedback TI has regarding the normal versus the heroic.

Thanks!

@Jensxn can help spearhead the Q&A here
  • Options
    We started it Sunday evening. Our roster refresh is noon eastern. So we had a refresh Monday and are about to get our second in 20 minutes.

We are about 15% into phase 2 and we are hoping to push through 2 today.

Not mol Eliza
    TI foxtrot
  • Options
    Thanks! Presumably you were involved in a heroic before Sunday evening? Any observations you can report about the difference? What's your leaderboard look like (more just curious if your guild is pretty balanced top-to-bottom for this raid, or if there are outliers)?
  • Options
    As a member of Foxtrot, I can say that it was initially bruising to the ego to acknowledge that I was not ready for the new raid and would not be able to participate in the Heroic Raid with my other TI guildmates. Many of us in Foxtrot felt that way. But, the reality is, we just are not ready for this raid and that is ok. What helps is we have guidance from those who can do it and they will help us get there sooner than we could on our own. Bravo, Delta, and Echo have provided invaluable advice in these forums to the entire SWGOH community; take advantage of it.

Remember the first time you took on Tier 6 of the Rancor, it probably took a week or longer and shocked you by how difficult it was. I think the problem is comparing this raid to how easy the Rancor Raid is now and not comparing to how hard the Rancor Raid was when it came out.

So, my first piece of advice is to be patient. Remember, many guilds aimed too high their first time with the Rancor and had to be patient before they beat the higher levels. As for our progress, it is slower than we would like, but we will get it done. Currently we are about 20% through phase two with one refresh. At this rate, it should take us 7-8 days to complete Tier 6: the same that it took most to finish their first Tier 6 Rancor Raid.

As for our collections, I don't have a definitive number, but just a casual glance of our members on swgoh.gg, we would have a about a score of 40 if you averaged everyone out. I am #13 on our leader board and have a score of 44: hardly a whale. But, with some smart farming, we will keep working on this and soon enough we will work on Heroic.

What has really helped is to put the game in airplane mode for practice attacks to try different teams out for each phase. No one has your exact characters and so you need to do trial and error to see what will work best for you.

There are also a lot of suggestions and tips on the forums on how to succeed by those who have. Be sure to do research to find out who you should farm and who you shouldn't. And, if you want to succeed in the raid, be dedicated to farming for it. Maybe you might have to hold off an a certain character you want for the arena or personal preferences to advance in the raid. But, just work one character at a time. A good gear 11 character is more effective than two gear 9 less effective characters. But, don't necessarilly gear up a level 9 character just because they are close to 10 or 11 if they aren't recommended for the raid. A gear 11 Kylo Ren or Luminara are not as valuable as, believe it or not, a gear 11 Ugnaught or Eeth Koth.

Finally, keep in mind that the level cap is increasing. As you level your characters to 85, they will get stronger. We may not agree with the timing or lack of easier tiers, but this raid will be around for a longer time for level 85 than it will be for level 80. So, I can feel your pain in having to wait a while to finish T6, but remember, it probably was just as hard with the Rancor when you first tried. Keep that context in mind and soon enough, most of us will be clearing it and moving on to Heroic.
  • Options
    Foxtrot tried heroic first and stalled out in p2. I only got to see p1 -2 so I can't comment on the full raid. P2 is much easier to topple and p1 adds die much faster on t6. We do have some stragglers in our t6 but our top twenty is all over 1 million damage.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys, and please let me know your thoughts as you go through!
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was able to fight through all four phases of Heroic and only did 2% for phase 1, and managed about 1.3% for phase 2. But, that wasn't enough to carry my share of 2% per phase through the whole raid.

In comparison, I have done about 650k per day with my five attacks on T6. So, the most accurate comparison I could make from my one heroic experience is that 650k on P1 of T6 would be comparable to 2% of P1 of Heroic. Similarly, I would say that you would aim for 1m damage for P2 of T6 to be ready for Heroic. That was the minimum equivalent benchmark for each player to complete the raid. So, if the members of your guild can do comparable damage, you should be ready. If not, you will probably be unsuccessful. Unfortunately, I did not have the strength of roster to do well in phases 3 and 4, so I can't provide reliable data for those.

Feel free to keep asking questions, we're here to help.
  • Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    As a member of Foxtrot, I can say that it was initially bruising to the ego to acknowledge that I was not ready for the new raid and would not be able to participate in the Heroic Raid with my other TI guildmates. Many of us in Foxtrot felt that way. But, the reality is, we just are not ready for this raid and that is ok. What helps is we have guidance from those who can do it and they will help us get there sooner than we could on our own. Bravo, Delta, and Echo have provided invaluable advice in these forums to the entire SWGOH community; take advantage of it.

Remember the first time you took on Tier 6 of the Rancor, it probably took a week or longer and shocked you by how difficult it was. I think the problem is comparing this raid to how easy the Rancor Raid is now and not comparing to how hard the Rancor Raid was when it came out.

So, my first piece of advice is to be patient. Remember, many guilds aimed too high their first time with the Rancor and had to be patient before they beat the higher levels. As for our progress, it is slower than we would like, but we will get it done. Currently we are about 20% through phase two with one refresh. At this rate, it should take us 7-8 days to complete Tier 6: the same that it took most to finish their first Tier 6 Rancor Raid.

As for our collections, I don't have a definitive number, but just a casual glance of our members on swgoh.gg, we would have a about a score of 40 if you averaged everyone out. I am #13 on our leader board and have a score of 44: hardly a whale. But, with some smart farming, we will keep working on this and soon enough we will work on Heroic.

What has really helped is to put the game in airplane mode for practice attacks to try different teams out for each phase. No one has your exact characters and so you need to do trial and error to see what will work best for you.

There are also a lot of suggestions and tips on the forums on how to succeed by those who have. Be sure to do research to find out who you should farm and who you shouldn't. And, if you want to succeed in the raid, be dedicated to farming for it. Maybe you might have to hold off an a certain character you want for the arena or personal preferences to advance in the raid. But, just work one character at a time. A good gear 11 character is more effective than two gear 9 less effective characters. But, don't necessarilly gear up a level 9 character just because they are close to 10 or 11 if they aren't recommended for the raid. A gear 11 Kylo Ren or Luminara are not as valuable as, believe it or not, a gear 11 Ugnaught or Eeth Koth.

Finally, keep in mind that the level cap is increasing. As you level your characters to 85, they will get stronger. We may not agree with the timing or lack of easier tiers, but this raid will be around for a longer time for level 85 than it will be for level 80. So, I can feel your pain in having to wait a while to finish T6, but remember, it probably was just as hard with the Rancor when you first tried. Keep that context in mind and soon enough, most of us will be clearing it and moving on to Heroic.

@Old_Scott by running in airplane mode, do you mean start an attack and then put it in airplane mode? Does this prevent that attack from counting and allow you to retry but still being able to see total damage done?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    A full Jawa squad (mix of t8-t10) can do 1M in p2 of t6. Similarly, a droid squad of HK (L), 88, 86, Nebit, JE can do well over that, I have seen up to 3M reported.
  • Options

@Old_Scott by running in airplane mode, do you mean start an attack and then put it in airplane mode? Does this prevent that attack from counting and allow you to retry but still being able to see total damage done?

Yes, but you won't see total damage. Total damage only comes after it is uploaded to the server. Airplane mode will stop that from happening, so keep track of your percentage when you enter and when you're close to dying.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    This is all really great information. Thank you foxtrot for doing this, you won't get your gk shards, but the information you provide and rosters and tactics you use will be invaluable to the rest of us.
  • Options
    We are just now pushing another refresh, we are on round 3 and hope to clear phase 2 today
  • Options

I think the biggest failure is not having lower tiers. The main difference between tank and rancor is that if one phase ia too hard you could go lower and still have a feeling of accomplishment and then have a goal to movw higher. The tank raid doesn't give that option and is the main reason most people are discouraged.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The players you stranded with in phase 2 herioc difficulty are the same players you cleared phase 1 + 20% phase 2 with?
    We are going to try herioc, mainly for funzies because we capped out anyway chiseling away at the concrete wall that is "normal difficulty". Since we did worse than you guys with 1 roster refresh, i'm curious to what i can expect in herioc.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @leef The current players who did ~20% of phase 2 are a mixture of the weakest rosters from our Echo and Foxtrot divisions. We did that with one refresh (so we all went through our five battles twice each). If I had to guess about us trying Heroic now, I would imagine that we might clear phase 1, but would struggle to get even half way through phase 2.

Remember, your guild needs to average 650k and 1m per person for phases 1 and 2, not just your top performers. Everyone needs to have a deep roster, probably of 6 strong teams each (7*, Gear10-11, 5* mods). That is when I would advise attempting Heroic. Less than that would not be ready.

I can understand the desire to use up your tickets and at least try, but, like us, I don't think you are ready yet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    awesome, it's going to be painfull ;) thnx
    Still looking forward to it though, it's always fun to see what we're made of. We won't loose out on tickets either, we can goof around abit in heroic, abandon and start normal without losing a roster refresh. It's going to take us more than 5 days to clear normal, so we will be capped once agian.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    @leef The current players who did ~20% of phase 2 are a mixture of the weakest rosters from our Echo and Foxtrot divisions. We did that with one refresh (so we all went through our five battles twice each). If I had to guess about us trying Heroic now, I would imagine that we might clear phase 1, but would struggle to get even half way through phase 2.

Remember, your guild needs to average 650k and 1m per person for phases 1 and 2, not just your top performers. Everyone needs to have a deep roster, probably of 6 strong teams each (7*, Gear10-11, 5* mods). That is when I would advise attempting Heroic. Less than that would not be ready.

I can understand the desire to use up your tickets and at least try, but, like us, I don't think you are ready yet.

Question on those figures. You are talking about normal, right? Because in heroic you need 50 teams averaging 86,000 damage each in P1 and 50 teams averaging 330,000 each in P2. Those numbers are based on the health of the heroic raid phases from a post on reddit, so I am assuming they are correct.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Question on those figures. You are talking about normal, right? Because in heroic you need 50 teams averaging 86,000 damage each in P1 and 50 teams averaging 330,000 each in P2. Those numbers are based on the health of the heroic raid phases from a post on reddit, so I am assuming they are correct.

Yes @RAYRAY - this thread is all about Foxtrot from TI doing Normal
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @RAYRAY Yes, these figures are for normal. I don't recall my exact damage for the Heroic per phase, but I do know the percentages, since that was the gauge we had for heroic. Again, my numbers are anecdotal, not scientific. But, those are my personal guides to see how ready I will be.

And again, for comparison's sake, my roster strength on swgoh.gg is 44 and I was able to only do a total of 326,775 for the entire Heroic Raid with every character I had. You can compare that to your own roster strength and do the math.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    @RAYRAY Yes, these figures are for normal. I don't recall my exact damage for the Heroic, but I do know the percentages, since that was the gauge we had for heroic. Again, my numbers are anecdotal, not scientific. But, those are my personal guides to see how ready I will be.

I think I understand now. You think that the 32.5M HP in P1 of normal and the 76.5M in P2 of normal equates to 4.3M of P1 of Heroic and 16.5M of P2 Heroic respectively?
  • Options

I know this is tangential to the purpose of this thread, but to all the complainers: THIS.

• Options
    Pretty much echo what Scott is saying and what the difference is between the 2 difficulties.

Normal is entirely completable within a week by a guild with 50 members each having roughly the listed requirements. 7* L80+ g8 at a minimum. g9+ makes a huge difference, but you should realistically want your main contributors at g10 or 11.

Properly focused F2P players who have been playing for 6+ months CAN complete normal in approximately a week, without whales. This time will go down as more and more people get 85, and as you build out your 5 needed teams.

If you don't have 5 teams for everyone in your guild, then yes, you might find that it takes too long. Keep in mind it will become much easier over time, and they have to future proof content somewhat to account for the inevitable power creep, otherwise we have another rancor type situation.

In a perfect world, how I would balance normal raids would be to have each part completable for a full guild of 50 each day, so 4 days to completion. This would give everyone the opportunity to participate in all phases, have a definable goal to hit, and prevent situations like the current Pit, in that you have to really throttle your membership in order to allow everyone fair chance to even get hits in.

Having a large sink of HP prevents situations like those and encourages guildmates to work together for a greater goal, which is a big win in my book.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Having a large sink of HP prevents situations like those and encourages guildmates to work together for a greater goal, which is a big win in my book.

This is something I hope many can agree with. Content needs to be difficult at this stage if it is going to last. The problem is there are guilds already beting Heroic at a higher rate than Normal If properly tuned, the Heroic world first would still be a carrot. .
  • Options
    This is very useful, the most useful material I've seen on the new raid.

Thank you, any more comparisons you can share would be great. We're 2/3rds of the way through P2 and I do indeed remember T6 rancor the first time and the week it took us. We now do T7 in 30 mins lol

Xio
  • Options
    Different types of fights.
    T6 is easier in that you cannot fail whereas t7 you can.

I won't say that I agree with how the 2 tiers are balanced, but I can see the logic in why they would have the lower tier with higher hp, but hits for less. I can only assume that was put in place so that players and guilds would have more time to figure out strategies before being wiped and what characters to put a greater focus on for the higher tier as the mechanics seem pretty much identical between the 2 difficulties.

I would also like to see a lower tier added as well, perhaps with old Rancor rewards, to allow those below the current requirements another outlet to farm up gear, which at this point is likely the last missing piece to a majority of players rosters being able to do AAT at all.

At this point, I think t6 is fairly well balanced for the intended target audience in regards to difficulty. The HP may be slightly higher than it needs to be, but I would really like to see what changes at 85 and ships and whether there are any exploitable(via mechanics, not cheats)ways to defeat the different phases like Teebo and pit.

• Options
    Appreciate the advice. Hopefully people will chill a bit on the TI bashing.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    A full Jawa squad (mix of t8-t10) can do 1M in p2 of t6. Similarly, a droid squad of HK (L), 88, 86, Nebit, JE can do well over that, I have seen up to 3M reported.

Yeah, I'm putting my resources into getting Engineer and Nebit for Phase 2. Heard good things about that team for that phase.
  • Options
    @Stormy Are there any plans fro TI (Bravo, Delta, or Echo) to do the tank raid at T6? I'm curious because knowing how long one of those groups takes to complete T6 might give other guilds a good benchmark to shoot for. For the rancor, I recall the benchmark was finishing T6 in one refresh. It mgiht be two or three with this new raid. If you guys do try a T6, please let us know the results.

@Old_Scott Thanks for the perspective, this is great for the community at large!
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Stormy Are there any plans fro TI (Bravo, Delta, or Echo) to do the tank raid at T6? I'm curious because knowing how long one of those groups takes to complete T6 might give other guilds a good benchmark to shoot for. For the rancor, I recall the benchmark was finishing T6 in one refresh. It mgiht be two or three with this new raid. If you guys do try a T6, please let us know the results.

@Old_Scott Thanks for the perspective, this is great for the community at large!

Negative, but from our understanding, we think it would be rather easy based on the data we are seeing. Bravo and Delta can clear Heroic in 1 hour/less. Echo is working on coordination, and have it down to a 36 hour period.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »

Negative, but from our understanding, we think it would be rather easy based on the data we are seeing. Bravo and Delta can clear Heroic in 1 hour/less. Echo is working on coordination, and have it down to a 36 hour period.

Bummer. Thanks though for letting me know!