Gauging when my guild is ready for T7 Rancor

Barhebraeus
620 posts Member
edited October 2016
Requesting some advice: What's a good gauge, based on T6 Rancor raid progress, that a guild is ready to move on to T7? Would being able to finish T6 without any refreshes be a good indicator? Thanks in advance for your feedback mates.

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    If you can do it with 1 refresh you are ready.
  • Options
    @Hobnob Really? Even with one refresh? I was thinking we'd have to at least be able to do it with no refreshes .... If even with 1, then we're definitely ready!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Barhebraeus yes mate, it has much less health but te tenacity is much higher, your Teebo teams will need him to have 65%+ potency to work at all and prob 80 to be good. The first time you try it just send your best p1 player in and let him go as far as possible.
    After this try and send people in with coordination so you don't waste damage, p4 is quite brutal the first time round.
    Once you've got through your first time you can begin to loosen the strategy.

Seriously, you'll be fine and if you aren't, ask for help here and someone will come and kill the end for you.
  • Options
    It depends. Our guild was finishing a tier 6 within about 12 hours so we decided to try our first tier 7. We thought we had a strategy ... we didn't. We took our time and still fizzled out at about 80% of phase 4 left.

With that being said you may still be able to do one with proper communication. Coordination and communication are vital to your guilds success. This is what our guild uses to beat tier 7, First we assign two members with very strong Teebo teams to take down phase 1. One person to try and solo it and one to back them up if they can't. This is key since you need your members to reserve as many squads as they can for the rest of the raid. Since this person or persons will undoubtedly be top hitter, we rotate who does this. It is important to note that Teebo is only really effective in phase 1. Phases 2 and 3 he can barely effect his TMR maybe one out of 10 times. Do not use your Teebo teams here. Teebo has a little more effectiveness again in phase 4 so we save them for that phase.

Second, we ask each member to attack only one time each in phase 2 and again in phase 3. The goal is to take out about 10% of the Rancor's health. The idea here is to use some heavy hitters and drop the door on him since it starts at the ready to drop position on the first attack of each phase. Do as much damage as possible and retreat if possible. I like to use IG-88 lead with omega'd leader ability for the extra dot damage, (yes I know they nerfed it against raid bosses, but any extra dmg is helpful). I also like to run a speed down person on the team and try to apply it to the Rancor before dropping the door.

Third phase 4 is a free for all. Use your Teebo teams if you have them and just hit him with all you got.

Lastly we allow all members to send in one toon in any phase just to get on the board. We also make sure not to overlap our damage and waste it. So we ask "Is anyone attacking?" before starting an attack and then announce, "I'm going in", and "I'm out" when we finish.

Hope this helps you and your guild. Go get you some Han shards!
  • Options
    Very helpful. Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    just for the first attemp cordinate attacks and minimize wasting damage
  • Options
    @Barhebraeus got room in your guild for another member?

I am in a T7 guild but I keep missing raids because they are over so quickly (less than 3 hours).

I have 18 7* toons and can take a good chunk out of phase 1 in one attack.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    @Barhebraeus I got some tips for you if you want to make it go easier and everyone be happy, PM me
  • Options
    If you can do T6 in one refresh, you're more than ready! When we finally took the plunge, we had our two best P1 players assigned to go as far into P1 as possible. I was our heaviest hitter in T6, so I started P1. I could have solo'd P1 by myself if I didn't make the mistake of attempting to escape my 3 Amigos (Teebo, QGJ and EE). I ended up leaving about 5% left in P1 and we had some trouble clearing P1, but did finish the raid with the help of a couple of our guppies.

So for first T7 raid, send in your best P1 Teebo squads, but make sure they don't overlap any damage. Make sure that all other players stay out so that no damage is wasted. Then get some door drops in P2 and P3 for high DPS squads. Then zerg P4.

Before you know it, you'll be implementing rules to make sure everyone gets rewards because you can beat the raid in less than 30 minutes,
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain Hi!! Just message me your ally number and I'll invite you ... depending on how many 7* guys our guildies have, we may need to wait just a tad longer before starting T7 ... or not, seeing what you bring to the table!
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    @RU486 Thanks! I'm on my mobile now; I'll pm you tomorrow ...