Possible kylo rework

When I farmed my kylo and got him leveled up, I was super exited to be using one of my favorite characters on my squad. I quickly realized he was a waste of time and money, and that he wasn't worth the hundreds of cantina energy and sim tickets I used to obtain him. I've seen many threads about reworks for certain toons, so I thought why not come up with one for kylo.
First up, increase the damage on him basic, and 2nd ability. They both hit like wet noodles, and are just plain bad(also for the 2nd ability, maybe add speed down or grant first order allies advantage, or something like that). Another idea I had was to some how implement his "force freeze" ability that he uses on po's blaster shot, and to freeze people and make them faint n'stuff. It wouldn't deal damage, but maybe remove turn meter and have a %chance to stun all characters. As for his current third ability, it could either be kept, or removed entirely. The idea behind it isn't bad, but maybe it could be integrated with his first or 2nd abilities. His unique is awsome(to me at least) but maybe it could have a % chance for him to gain back health when he uses an attack, as the below 50% health thing usually results in him dying.
I thought this would be a pretty good idea for a rework, and maybe make kylo+ the first order viable. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo was terrible in the movie and is terrible in-game as well. The most damage he ever did was 2 a control panel. A Stormtrooper (Finn) that had no force or lightsaber training held his ground in a duel w/ Kylo. Rey, again no force or lightsaber training, defeats him.

He deserves no rework. WAI.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Kylo was terrible in the movie and is terrible in-game as well. The most damage he ever did was 2 a control panel. A Stormtrooper (Finn) that had no force or lightsaber training held his ground in a duel w/ Kylo. Rey, again no force or lightsaber training, defeats him.

Right... because fighting 2 people(one being a trained soldier adept in using melee weapons) after you got shot in the leg by a bow caster (which can blow up multiple people in full body armor) after you just killed your dad is such an easy accomplishment.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

Right... because fighting 2 people(one being a trained soldier adept in using melee weapons) after you got shot in the leg by a bow caster (which can blow up multiple people in full body armor) after you just killed your dad is such an easy accomplishment.

He actually took it in the gut if memory serves. I'm not a Kylo fan but fighting after a bowcaster shot is pretty stout.

I agree I wish he was better.
  • Options
    I see what they're trying to make a kinda Dooku like quality over quality attacker, the problem is unlike Dooku he's to slow to pull it off and his retribution lasts only one turn forcing you to use only the AoE to keep his counter up as well as outrage getting the bonus damage when he's below 50% which was not only before protection but is usually the one-shot range of most attackers AND on top of his own flaws, he has no synergy with the first order and while he may not have been a direct member he was in it and a leader no less. My fix idea would possibly be something like "X% chance to gain y% turn meter" on his unquie and maybe a leader that revolves around gaining a bonus when losing buffs or something that could work is a damage boost for health missing (ex. 75% health gives a 25% damage buff)
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

In the movie he SUCKS badly....
    He was such a disappointment...... He doesn't worth to hold the mask of Darth Vader.....
    But he didn't have to suck in the game too... I hope in a buff sometime...
  • Astrid1381
    319 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    He was good until he took off his mask
    But nonetheless he needs a buff
    where is darth jar jar?