When does Kylo Ren starts to shine???

Prev134
Feng
161 posts Member
Hey guys, I have a 4* Kylo Ren, with gear 7 at level 65. It's only like 3/6 gears equipped at gear 7, the rest of purple gears I'm still farming it so it will take awhile to reach gear 8.

So far, I'm very disappointed in Kylo Ren's damage output, especially in his special Attack. His skills set level are in 3/5/5/5 respectively.

May i know if this is normal? Because I've seen people saying he crits for 7k? But my Kylo Ren normal Attack only crits like for 1.7k on an attacker challenge? :(

Replies

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm half way to getting my Kylo Ren 40/80 shards already, and I want to start farming his gears in advance, because I'd maxed out my other characters already as of the time being. (I'm level 63).

Does anyone know what is required a lot for Kylo Ren? If u have a screenshot , that will help a lot ! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    He uses a lot of those cylinder things that give + physical damage. Maybe 40-60 of them
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    He uses a lot of those cylinder things that give + physical damage. Maybe 40-60 of them

Do u know where can I get it ? I check thru my heroes and inventory list, can't find any purple cylinders. Only manage to find blue ones
  • Options
    Lots of Thermos. . Thermoses? Thermi?
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Feng wrote: »

Do u know where can I get it ? I check thru my heroes and inventory list, can't find any purple cylinders. Only manage to find blue ones

Is it the one from 6D Light normal?? 40-60 of that purple cyclometer?
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here's what you need for Gear 7->8
    • Mk 4 Fabritech Data Pad (easy)
    • Mk 6 Fabritech Data Pad (easy)
    • Mk 4 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Prototype - requires 20 Mk4 blue laptops (6B LS Normal, 3E DS Normal, 6A LS Hard, 7A LS Hard, 7A LS Normal, 3D DS Hard)
    • Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypad - requires 20 MK5 purple laptops (6I LS Normal, 5K LS Normal, etc.)
    • Mk 7 TaggeCo Holo Lens - requires 20 MK3 purple circular grill cover things (6A LS Normal)
    • Mk 3 Chedak Comlink - requires 20 Mk3 purple dogtags (6J DS Normal), and 20 MK4 purple microphones (6H LS Normal, 5K DS Normal)

I'll get Gear 8 later tonight, and post requirements for Gear 8->9

• Options

Is it the one from 6D Light normal?? 40-60 of that purple cyclometer?

No those are vials. 6-H is where you can find them.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Here's what you need for Gear 7->8
    • Mk 4 Fabritech Data Pad (easy)
    • Mk 6 Fabritech Data Pad (easy)
    • Mk 4 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Prototype - requires 20 Mk4 blue laptops (6B LS Normal, 3E DS Normal, 6A LS Hard, 7A LS Hard, 7A LS Normal, 3D DS Hard)
    • Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypad - requires 20 MK5 purple laptops (6I LS Normal, 5K LS Normal, etc.)
    • Mk 7 TaggeCo Holo Lens - requires 20 MK3 purple circular grill cover things (6A LS Normal)
    • Mk 3 Chedak Comlink - requires 20 Mk3 purple dogtags (6J DS Normal), and 20 MK4 purple microphones (6H LS Normal, 5K DS Normal)

I'll get Gear 8 later tonight, and post requirements for Gear 8->9

Hey thanks a lot mate! Ehh I think i don't need 8>9 any time soon!

However if u have 7->8 can u kindly help me with it? Thanks! :D

• Options
    Mk 3 Chedak Comlink
    start farming.
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The short answer is: Never

The longer answer is: Never Ever

If you don't have any other characters, he is decent. at 7*, l70 leveled abilities and Gear 8, you will see non-crit basics for 2k, Lash Out for slightly more, and Outrage for 4000-4500 if you are over 50% HPS, much more if under that.

If he is being focused for some reason, and you have someone to heal him, he will absolutely crush the other team from Lash and Outrage refreshes, counters, and 75% inc dmg under 50% hps.

But you'll never see that, because the AI doesn't focus Counter characters, he isn't that tanky, the AI will wreck your healer first, and the amount of damage flying around is laughably high.
  • Options
    Stick him in a first order team with poggle and he will shine
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    He shines like Adam Drivers acting ability. Horrible.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

If you don't have any other characters, he is decent. at 7*, l70 leveled abilities and Gear 8, you will see non-crit basics for 2k, Lash Out for slightly more, and Outrage for 4000-4500 if you are over 50% HPS, much more if under that.

If he is being focused for some reason, and you have someone to heal him, he will absolutely crush the other team from Lash and Outrage refreshes, counters, and 75% inc dmg under 50% hps.

But you'll never see that, because the AI doesn't focus Counter characters, he isn't that tanky, the AI will wreck your healer first, and the amount of damage flying around is laughably high.

D4mn so does this means I just wasted my precious energy and time on him? :(

Do u think I should still up him to gear 8?
  • Options

He's really not that bad, but there are better options. He's not really a heavy hitter, but has an AOE, heal block, counter and is pretty tanky for an attacker. Plus he works well with Phasma. Really he'd be fine if it weren't for his slow speed.

What's your team look like? Honestly, most characters are decent at high stars and gear, so if your lacking 7* characters, it might be worth finishing the project.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

He's really not that bad, but there are better options. He's not really a heavy hitter, but has an AOE, heal block, counter and is pretty tanky for an attacker. Plus he works well with Phasma. Really he'd be fine if it weren't for his slow speed.

What's your team look like? Honestly, most characters are decent at high stars and gear, so if your lacking 7* characters, it might be worth finishing the project.

I already have Sidious, lumi, jc, IG 86 , DAKA, IG 88 and Bariss. All 7* except DAKA 6*, IG 88 soon to be 6* and of course , Bariss stuck at 4* haha. All maxed gear at level 65 now.

To be honest I unlocked Kylo Ren partly because he looks cool but his dmg has been just meh , lol is it because of his stars and gear level?
  • Options

I have him at 5* gear 7 and he's gotten me to rank #80 on my server in my team. He's got a decent health pool, cooldowns refresh all the time (even from DoTs), and has a heal immun. debuff. He's probably not fantastic at end game, but like I said, he rules in my GW team and my arena team up to a sub-100 rank.
  • Options
    Remember current meta if your not top 10 in speed your worthless. Be warned though the speed damage ratio hammer is coming down. We all know it. Game won't survive the year if it doesn't it's already starting to build into a critical issue, and people have already started to quit over it.
  • Options
    He's actually awesome, he's been in my team since I 7 starred him.

Over 15k hp, single target crits over 12k often, aoe is amazing with poggle. And his cooldowns reset often too. Don't listen to the haters.
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »

Over 15k hp, single target crits over 12k often, aoe is amazing with poggle. And his cooldowns reset often too. Don't listen to the haters.

You are running Kylo in arena and try to compete with Team iNstinct members? Yikes...
  • Options
    Um, I can beat any team on my server easily, usually in about a minute.

Stop trash talking everyone and get over yourself.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

You are running Kylo in arena and try to compete with Team iNstinct members? Yikes...

Hey bro that's not cool!! Let's make peace, not war! B)
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

I see I see, that's very nice dmg there mate! May I ask what level are your skills? And your Kylo Ren is maxed out in terms of gears as well?

And sorry for the bash by someone else, apologise on his behalf since this is my thread. Peace! B)

• Options

Hey, have your fun and run who you want on your squad. But don't lie and say you are beating iNstinct members on your server in a minute. Especially running Kylo Ren, who's too slow and fragile, despite his high HP to be effective against the top dogs in arena.
  • Options

I see I see, that's very nice dmg there mate! May I ask what level are your skills? And your Kylo Ren is maxed out in terms of gears as well?

And sorry for the bash by someone else, apologise on his behalf since this is my thread. Peace! B)

Hey, I'm trying to help you not waste the time on Kylo when there are superior options out there.

You're welcome.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hey, have your fun and run who you want on your squad. But don't lie and say you are beating iNstinct members on your server in a minute. Especially running Kylo Ren, who's too slow and fragile, despite his high HP to be effective against the top dogs in arena.

I'm not lying? Teams like QGJ/Rey/Poe/FOTP(or Ben)/GS, which seems to be your meta plus or minus phasma are very easy for my team.

Poggle and Poe + Aoe is a very strong core especially against teams with no healing and no counter attacks.

Have fun being ignorant and arrogant and egotistical, as I've seen from most of your members on the forum. At least the instinct members on my server seem nice.
  • Options
    Luke or Kylo - for sheer attacking?
  • Options
    Ok, didn't mean to come off abrasive, I'm just saying, there are far better options than Kylo.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

Anyway mate, is your poggle highly star-ed? I've seen threads that 4* is enough so I'm wondering if I should still use my GW tokens to get his shards or should I start on Phasma.
  • Options
    Ok, didn't mean to come off abrasive, I'm just saying, there are far better options than Kylo.

Uh huh, and I'd agree to a point but on the right team he's certainly a viable option maxed out.
  • Options
    Luke or Kylo - for sheer attacking?

Neither. Rey is the answer.