Gear 9 TP but ship has 0 protection

as title says my Tie Pilot is gear 9 (6*) but his ship (2* lvl 60) still has 0 protection

am i missing something? all my other ships have prot

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    darn, i thought i would get protection once he hits 5 stars, gues not xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Maybe it's a bug. Maybe it's fluff. Because Ties have no shields!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea TIE fighter doesn't have a shield but instead he has high evasion. The crew adds evasion instead of protection like all the other crew.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Yea TIE fighter doesn't have a shield but instead he has high evasion. The crew adds evasion instead of protection like all the other crew.

Exactly
  • Options
    learn your lore
  • Options
    **** that sucks 20% dodge atm that isnt gonna do jack hopefully it gets bumped up abit as i 7* and cap him
  • Options
    It's one good thing the devs have done on that one. Original mechanic and respectful to the lore.
  • Options
    Fitz wrote: »
    It's one good thing the devs have done on that one. Original mechanic and respectful to the lore.

True, love it. Ties were swarm fighters, essentially useless on their own.
  • Options
    The lore explanation is kinda...iffy, as it pertains to the game. It's not like all these toons walking around with protection are wearing personal shield generators or whatever. Why pick this one hyper specific thing to START being accurate about? But, yeah it's kinda a wash with dodge, plus they can gain temporary protection from assisting JC, or any out of turn attack under AA.
  • Options
    My TIE pilot is 7* and his TIE has 30% dodge chance. He gives your capital ship turn meter with every dodge and he gains foresight on his special. I run him with Sun fac and Biggs to provide taunting cover so he's actually pretty survivable