Practice arena? Come on devs!

So what are the chances of getting a practice arena addition- a place for each player to try out different combos against different types of opposition at different levels, maybe even try out different mods that they own? Surely wouldn't be too hard to do? You could use the same algorithm that's used for gw opponent selection, but give the players options to choose to play against a jedi team or a droid team, with level categories eg 75 to 80, 80+. So it would still be a bit random, but really valuable and easy to implement. Free would be best but I do live in the real world lol so you could charge ally points per try.

We've been talking about this in That's N0 Moon guild, think it could be a great addition. Any thoughts? +1 if you agree!

Replies

• Options
    Nice idea. Would like to try out different toons and teams. Especially helpful if you could try toons you don't have. You kind of get that in battles with allies, but not near as flexible
  • Options
    That would be a great addition in my opinion, in fact I was thinking about something similar for a while. Like what if the completion of a GW node allowed you to replay it with anyone in your roster, but for no rewards?
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    ... in fact I was thinking about something similar for a while. Like what if the completion of a GW node allowed you to replay it with anyone in your roster, but for no rewards?
    So have I. ;)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71229/suggestion-re-playable-galactic-war

• Options
    This idea has been suggested before with good reason as it's a great idea

It's been thrown around that some sort of training ground would be very beneficial
    Where we can select our opponents and gear lvl etc to try out the most effective composition against them without having to throw away arena attempts

Also a feature for PVP in guild friends just for training would be helpful too

Problem is ATM you have to pay crystals to refresh in arena which means spending more money to try out teams :) we know what that means lol

Hopefully they do it though
  • Options
    This is a wonderful idea.....i would so appreciate something like this. Great post
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    Also a feature for PVP in guild friends just for training would be helpful too

PVP training battles against fellow guild mates would add another layer of awesome and smack talk.
  • Options
    Great to hear that other people think there could be something in this. Especially if it's come up to before surely its worth doing, linking to ally points would link it to gw rewards which would link it to p2p...

Whales won't need it it would target dolphins and below.

Pretty please @eajesse :)?
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    They have already been discussing a system where you can do skirmishes for no reward, but do not have any date set. https://youtu.be/vrT92tngmuI start at the 12:40 mark.
  • Options
    I prefer they focus on other things more urgent like balancing the AAT raid. You can practice your toons in the tournaments for ally points.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, on the to do list then ;)
  • Options
    I love this idea!!