Droid team.. Advice please

Hi all

I'm thinking of having a droid team but are there enough droids?

I've nearly got my ilumi to 7* and thinking of taking poggle next(instead of phasma) to go with my 5* ig86. I have geo soldier at 1* but will take me forever to farm, and as I'm f2p, I am nowwandering if I can get a decide droid team together.

How do you others do it?

Replies

• IG1066
    136 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    All the droids are farmable. Which is good if you plan to f2p.
    I would say grab ig86 and 88. See if you like the glass cannon effect.
    Sadly Hk47, who makes an amazing leader for the driod army, is also farmed from the Arena, aswell as ig88, which makes it harder to farm them as a group.

There are only 4 droids available at the moment.

If you ask the community, sadly they will just repeat the current cookie cutter, HK 88 86 poe and poggle.
    I say experiment and have fun, try something new and crazy out. I chose droids and am well happy.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    HK47, both IG, Poggle and Poe makes a good droid team. I currently play with the 3 robots, Lumi and Geo because I'm stubborn.
  • Options
    IG-88, IG-86 and HK47 (leader) make a really good combo with Poggle. Very good unity damage and a lot of options for the 5th toon on that team.
  • Options
    I keep 7* lumi in for her one turn health refill on the droids. Poggle, ig86,ig88, lumi and leveling hk47 to try out.
  • Options
    I'm actually in favor of swapping out Poggle for IG-100, despite 100's drawbacks (low speed and potency). IG-100 is pretty much designed to keep the droids "going" with AoE turn-meter reduction and offense down. Despite low success rates with the offense down (due to lacking potency) turn-meter reduction (low chance), though, he still tends to do his job nicely - if he ever gets going, that is.
  • IG1066
    136 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @SinnerWill ooh a fellow ig100 user. Are you currently using him?
    He does do surprisingly well.
  • Options
    Ok thanks everyone! It's nice to know people on here are upbeat and helpful! Cheers :)
  • Options
    IG1066 wrote: »

He did well prior to the meta, but at the current meta, he seems to sorely lack in the damage compared to most others. And the low potency compared to all the max geared Poe squads... Honestly feels like he just heals Poe. But... He's still great utility with the turn-meter reduction and the occasional offense downs that stick.

I use him in early GW runs. But refuse to field him against a group with Poe. I'm curious as to why his basic attack caused multiple opponents to have floating text resists (seems like it has a hidden debuff other chance attached to it), but the low potency... And yeah, it heals Poe even when he's not the target, so long as the resist procs over him. Any insight? @IG1066
  • Options
    Im actually running the 3 droids, poe, and phasma. I find even with poggle buff the enemy is usually still alive with very little hp after the initial burst. Then out comes lumi heals. Once she heals poggle's low dmg starts to hurt me. With phasma, most times my droids can go again after phasma buff. If more enemy toons go before me, i use her aoe instead and the speed down usually compensates the speed buff poggle gives. And her damage with advantage is actually really good.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been farming Lobot as an act of faith almost since the hard launch, still only 2/3 of the way to 6*.
    His leadership speed buff doesn't work until after his first turn, like Ventress, but he does also impart a potency buff to the droids as well. I'm hoping they fix the speed buff issues.

Interesting about IG-100, I left him at 2* after unlocking him just to get an achievement. He does look promising against Jedi, guess I might level him up as an option with the other 3 droids.

Edit: to clarify, the droid team is a long term side project, I used HK in my arena team until the high level 40's but currently none are on my arena team of Phasma lead, Sid, Daka, Kylo and Lumi. The droids are a big help in GW though and easy to farm.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »

I use him in early GW runs. But refuse to field him against a group with Poe. I'm curious as to why Ig100's basic attack caused multiple opponents to have floating text resists (seems like it has a hidden debuff other chance attached to it), but the low potency... And yeah, it heals Poe even when he's not the target, so long as the resist procs over him. Any insight? @IG1066

make a video and alert @EA_Jesse. I think it's a bug regarding the resist on the entire team.
  • Options
    I remeber reading 100 was going to get retribution at level 8 basic special. Which means I will be getting him ready for the next level cap, but for now I will just let him rust on the priority list. His turn meter gains seem useful but HP and damage means I won't use him in arena. I think he will be useful one day though.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all

I've nearly got my ilumi to 7* and thinking of taking poggle next(instead of phasma) to go with my 5* ig86. I have geo soldier at 1* but will take me forever to farm, and as I'm f2p, I am nowwandering if I can get a decide droid team together.

How do you others do it?

My alt has been designed as a droid team before it was created. There is a total of four droids in game which are HK47, IG88, IG86, and IG100. Do take poggle next as he brings big damage boosts and speed to droids plus he gets turn meter advantage.

Droids teams r great for F2P as they can be farmed freely.

HK47 from arena
    IG88 from arena
    IG86 from GW, DS 2F hard, LS 4D hard, cantina 4E
    IG100 from cantina 3C, DS 6E hard
    Poggle from GW, LS 4E hard, LS 6E hard
    Poe cantina shipments, LS 7B hard, DS 7A hard

I'm still in midgame phase in my alt so the current team is HK47 lead, IG88, IG86, JC, and Chewbecca. I plan to replace Chew with Poe and JC by Sid/Lumi/Poggle/QGJ in the future.
  • IG1066
    136 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »

He did well prior to the meta, but at the current meta, he seems to sorely lack in the damage compared to most others. And the low potency compared to all the max geared Poe squads... Honestly feels like he just heals Poe. But... He's still great utility with the turn-meter reduction and the occasional offense downs that stick.

I use him in early GW runs. But refuse to field him against a group with Poe. I'm curious as to why his basic attack caused multiple opponents to have floating text resists (seems like it has a hidden debuff other chance attached to it), but the low potency... And yeah, it heals Poe even when he's not the target, so long as the resist procs over him. Any insight? @IG1066

Insight? Lol
    Just checked http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-100-magnaguard/
    Wow lv8 skill grants retribution.
    Hmm not sure why toons get floating txt.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to say about ig100. You've done a lovely job in summarising him.
    Post edited by IG1066 on
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Hi all

How do you others do it?

My alt has been designed as a droid team before it was created. There is a total of four droids in game which are HK47, IG88, IG86, and IG100. Do take poggle next as he brings big damage boosts and speed to droids plus he gets turn meter advantage.

Droids teams r great for F2P as they can be farmed freely.

HK47 from arena
    IG88 from arena
    IG86 from GW, DS 2F hard, LS 4D hard, cantina 4E
    IG100 from cantina 3C, DS 6E hard
    Poggle from GW, LS 4E hard, LS 6E hard
    Poe cantina shipments, LS 7B hard, DS 7A hard

I'm still in midgame phase in my alt so the current team is HK47 lead, IG88, IG86, JC, and Chewbecca. I plan to replace Chew with Poe and JC by Sid/Lumi/Poggle/QGJ in the future.

Thank you very useful! :)

I have a 6* chewi but on the bench I have a 4* star Poe and a 3* star fives and wondering which to farm so I can replace chewi.
    I'm using cantina tokens for old daka (60/80 as of now) so edging towards fives as his shards are easier and cheaper to get.
  • Options
    Hi there!

Nice to see there're people looking out for a droid team! I have one from almost the launch of the game. It took me like 2 months to have a great droid team and it could be possible just because from a bronzium data card I got Daka and Poggle (I know, unbelievable). ***Note*** Be awere if you want to farm a droid team, you can't be able to farm any other character properly, or faster.

I build my team in this way:
    HK-47 - 7* - Gear VIII - Skills 7 - lvl 67
    IG 88 - 7* - Gear VIII - Skills 7 - lvl 67
    IG 86 - 7* - Gear VIII - Skills 7 - lvl 67
    Poggle - 7* - Gear VIII - Skills 7 - lvl 67
    Daka - 6* - Gear VIII - Skills 7 - lvl 67 (by tomorrow 7*)

Of course the power of my team is like 26K, in arena I'm always Top-20. And I can give some advice.
    1. Don't waste your time farming a healer, IG 86 & 88 (mostly 88) are defeated by a single blow, definitely depends on the attacker and it makes a critic.
    2. I only use Daka to have a chance to revive the IGs' and to have 95% chance to revive HK 47. Although for her incredible chance to stun. Thinking in change her for Poe (and fight against Poe teams).
    3. Daka is always first to die... HK and Poggle the lasts.
    4. One of my most common weaknesses is Poe, for some reason makes all my team lower than the other... If don't expose Poggle or the IG I can win just because Poggle use Droid Assault and the IG can defeat with one hit any character if makes a critic.
    5. Doesn't matter the debuffs (excepting lowering damage) even with the normal attack they are powerful.
    6. Poggle with Metal Hive is supposed to have 25% plus in the turn meter every he evades an attack... The fact is that he doens't gain his 25%, it gain nothing ha ha, I already submit this into the forum of issues and bugs, but Jesse haven't give me any ino :/

And I can give you more, I'm out of ideas right now he he he, but anyways I own a IG-100 5*, and I think he will be awesome for the next cap, I'm still farming him and Lobot too. Regarding Lobot, he is only useful in GW when you battle agains Sid or Vader to heal the main team. He won't be useful until he have better hp and a worth skill leader.

Hope you have good use of my Bible haha! :)
  • Options
    Love my droids(86&88 anyway). With Sid lead for crit chance and damage, Poggle to buff, and of course Poe, its a deadly team. And Sids AOE helps 88's damage nicely too.
  • Options
    IG100 makes the best leader.
  • Options
    What ^ said