Real Time PVP Tournament?

Prev1
Lugo
417 posts Member
So many mobile games are comming out with real time pvp why not this 1? They could send game alert to our phones 5min befor we fight. If you get on then you can do your battle yourself. If not on in 5min then battle is auto. Go until you lose. Prize is based on how far you get. There would be 1 rank 1 and rank 2 prizes. Then 2 rank 3. 4 rank 4. 8 rank 5 and so on. Have it were you still need to spend ally points to re-use toons.

Just a rough idea.

Replies

• @Lugo
    I had suggested real time pvp idea like 10 months ago but the idea was beaten down hard by whales and whale sympathizers.

It's seems whales want to win against defenseless auto bots and not compete against opposing players in realtime.
  • There would be non stop complaining about this being a mobile game and how people shouldn't have to be glued to their phones waiting on a match. How people with more time would have an advantage, etc.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Peeps who are already winning tournies are glued to there phone already. This set up will get tourny done even faster. If 1m peeps join tourny then in first 5min 500k players will already be done with tourny.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    So not only do I have to spend time with the battles to advance I would now have to be glued to my phone to advance? No thanks.
  • You don't have to be glued.

Just like any other game's real arena/pvp, players would find a suitable match from queue and battle in real time with a real player clicking buttons and not some autobot playing on behalf of a player.

What you afraid of? Losing to a skilled ftp?
  • @Lugo
    I had suggested real time pvp idea like 10 months ago but the idea was beaten down hard by whales and whale sympathizers.

It's seems whales want to win against defenseless auto bots and not compete against opposing players in realtime.

Hmm- curious who you are referring to @Annastrasza - I'm confident that all of TI would do whatever it could to push and support Real Time PVP / GVG - we want nothing more but to see that.
  • Sounds fun if you have the time, until someone at a disadvantage forces a draw by ceasing to issue orders to his/her squad. This would have to come with some sort of prime time-one hour a day that your squad is eligible for direct control on defense. Maybe even limit it to three or so uses, so you can get an alert and choose whether to let the AI take the fight or do things yourself.
  • Make it were team is swapped to auto if a move hasn't been made in 30 secs.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    You don't have to be glued.

Just like any other game's real arena/pvp, players would find a suitable match from queue and battle in real time with a real player clicking buttons and not some autobot playing on behalf of a player.

Never said I was afraid of anything. Just said no thank you. Not everyone has to be a fan of every idea. If it were ever implemented I wouldn't stop playing I just personally don't like the idea of it. Just like the current "tournaments" I not a fan of them but still play the game.

I like playing when I feel like it and not have my progress hindered because I wasn't available to run my team for a specific 10 min window that day.
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Making the stupid tournament even more of a timesink and giving even more of an advantage to someone who grinds all night? No thanks.

Just like the lame requests to see our PVP defense scores, time spent coding this nonsense could be better spent elsewhere.
  • Real time matches need to happen I bet there's a better way instead of the suggested above about you have 5 min window to accept challenge. But the idea of real time pvp must happen. So many ways to do it. It could be as simple as find a match with someone who is also online.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Raventrob wrote: »
    Real time matches need to happen I bet there's a better way instead of the suggested above about you have 5 min window to accept challenge. But the idea of real time pvp must happen. So many ways to do it. It could be as simple as find a match with someone who is also online.

Finding matches with peeps already online I would be good with because it goes back to I could play at the times I want too, not being summoned by my phone to defend. Arena would have to be completely revamped though because of the rank swapping.
  • Have 24 tournament slots: when you sign up to join tourny you choose which hour works best for you. Each play can only sign into 1 tournament slot per tourny. If you miss your tourny it's your own fault cause you chose your own time.
  • The trick would be to have a not real time but real PvP battle mode, so basically you do a turn. And if it's your turn against you do another, and when it's the opponent's turn he has like 24 hrs to make a move.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    The trick would be to have a not real time but real PvP battle mode, so basically you do a turn. And if it's your turn against you do another, and when it's the opponent's turn he has like 24 hrs to make a move.

So now it takes over a week to finish one battle?!?
  • Lugo wrote: »
    So many mobile games are comming out with real time pvp why not this 1? They could send game alert to our phones 5min befor we fight. If you get on then you can do your battle yourself. If not on in 5min then battle is auto. Go until you lose. Prize is based on how far you get. There would be 1 rank 1 and rank 2 prizes. Then 2 rank 3. 4 rank 4. 8 rank 5 and so on. Have it were you still need to spend ally points to re-use toons.

Just a rough idea.
    /
    Can you give some examples of some successful games with live pvp?
  • Real time would be ok if you could choose your own times to fight.
    Make Tournament shards based on lvl and amount of highly geared characters to place people in even shards. Then allow players to log in and sit in a queue waiting for someone else from their shard to also get in the queue. Then those two people get matched together and they fight. Tournament lasts a couple hours and the player with the most wins at the end in each shard wins. Could have the tournament around payout time for each timezone and have shards based on timezones. That way you can choose to play if you want to, you can pick when to play AND it doesn't eat up every last second of your day.
  • lRushl
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    scuba wrote: »

Never said I was afraid of anything. Just said no thank you. Not everyone has to be a fan of every idea. If it were ever implemented I wouldn't stop playing I just personally don't like the idea of it. Just like the current "tournaments" I not a fan of them but still play the game.

I like playing when I feel like it and not have my progress hindered because I wasn't available to run my team for a specific 10 min window that day.

Do you have any clue of what a real tournament is ?

The essence of a tournament is a commitment on a small period of time.

A real tournament on a game like this would include real time Pvp on a 1 hours windows that would make you choose between 3 windows that are available for each tournament per region and you can only pick one of them.

From there, you have already saved a couples hours of boring playtime compared to the old format and selected a time frame of 1 hours.

Now the tournament itself, Bracket single elimination.
    1024 Players per tournament shard.
    10 rounds of 6mins
    30 sec between each round to get your squad ready and accept, 5 seconds to make a move in the match then it auto play, match has not limit of time.
    There you go, 60mins of packed action in a real tournament that would make this feature super exciting, what a tournament should be when you are getting closer to quarter final, then semi final and final !

Cg could even stream those tournaments, man the potential of this game is wasted by the laziness of the devs.

"It's a mobile game" Look at clash royale then, they made mistake with tournaments and they kept improving the feature, today it's not perfect but it's already 100% more fun that what we have.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    lRushl wrote: »

Do you have any clue of what a real tournament is ?

The essence of a tournament is a commitment on a small period of time.

A real tournament on a game like this would include real time Pvp on a 1 hours windows that would make you choose between 3 windows that are available for each tournament per region and you can only pick one of them.

From there, you have already saved a couples hours of boring playtime compared to the old format and selected a time frame of 1 hours.

Now the tournament itself, Bracket single elimination.
    10 rounds of 6mins
    30 sec between each round to get your squad ready and accept, 5 seconds to make a move in the match then it auto play, match has not limit of time.
    There you go, 60mins of packed action in a real tournament that would make this feature super exciting, what a tournament should be when you are getting closer to quarter final, then semi final and final !

Cg could even stream those tournaments, man the potential of this game is wasted by the laziness of the devs.

"It's a mobile game" Look at clash royale then, they made mistake with tournaments and they keept improving the feature, today it's not perfect but it's already 100% more fun that what we have.

If you didn't notice I put "tournament" in quotes because there has not been a real one in this game yet. IMO they should get rid of the thing they call a "tournament."

Again I am not a fan of being summoned to my phone by a game or having to schedule a window of time in advance to play the game.

Will I login to the game multiple times a day yes, sometimes it is for a couple minutes sometimes for longer, but I spend the time on it when I feel like it not when I schedule it in my calendar.

Again everyone doesn't have to agree with an idea. A discussion on a forum is to get other opinions I have given mine. The game and life will go on if we don't all agree.

This is really the only "video" game I ever really play, so I honestly don't care what any other game is doing or has done or is going to do.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I will also say this there is already enough complaint threads all over the forum of this is OP that is OP blah blah blah. From reading half those posts many are not ready to lose as much as they would with a player controlling the team.
  • Fluffy whales want to feel mighty powerful beating in helpless autobots.
    It gets dem juicy juices flowing to pump up the internet ego.
  • I agree with you on one point, what we actually have shouldn't be call tournament.

It's not being summoned, it's week end on a window that you have selected.

I'm not even talking about video games here, tournaments in general in any sports can have that kind of rule that I stated above.

I've participated in almost any kind of tournaments, and the one that sound the most appropriate with this game is what I explained above.

The 1 hours windows is only for the finalists of the tournaments, you could loose at the 4th round and you would have spent 24minutes.

Better reward, less time spent, way more fun.
  • lRushl
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I will also say this there is already enough complaint threads all over the forum of this is OP that is OP blah blah blah. From reading half those posts many are not ready to lose as much as they would with a player controlling the team.

So what, let's ignore the real game balance problem and just fight over stupid I.A so the balance issue doesn't blow up ?

This is not the thread for this, but power creep is slowly killing the game right now
    Adding a real time pvp would just help the devs to finally balance this game !!
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree with you on one point, what we actually have shouldn't be call tournament.

It's not being summoned, it's week end on a window that you have selected.

I'm not even talking about video games here, tournaments in general in any sports can have that kind of rule that I stated above.

I've participated in almost any kind of tournaments, and the one that sound the most appropriate with this game is what I explained above.

The 1 hours windows is only for the finalists of the tournaments, you could loose at the 4th round and you would have spent 24minutes.

Better reward, less time spent, way more fun.

I agree your mentioned method is not being summoned by my phone.
    It is still scheduling a specific window of time for a video game. I understand what you are trying to say about the tournament style, but in the end this is a video game on my phone, to me that is not worth blocking my time for on a regular basis, could interrupt my beer time. I have fun playing the game but many other things in rl are also fun.

Edit : in reality my opinion on this really means nothing, as the game will be made how certain people want it to be.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Fluffy whales want to feel mighty powerful beating in helpless autobots.

Not sure what your issue is I have simply stated my opinion on the topic. That is what a forum discussion for.
  • Not everyone have a competitive spirit, I get it but the word " Tournament" shouldn't be use here.

Tournament = Competitive
    Fighting a IA isn't comp
    Crystal/ally points isn't comp

• scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Not everyone have a competitive spirit, I get it but the word " Tournament" shouldn't be use here.

Tournament = Competitive
    Fighting a IA isn't comp
    Crystal/ally points isn't comp

Something we can definitely agree on.
  • scuba wrote: »

Not sure what your issue is I have simply stated my opinion on the topic. That is what a forum discussion for.
    Reponse too personal for you?
    If yes then get over it.

Whales don't have the guts to meet good players in live pvp.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited December 2016

If yes then get over it.

Not really just curious.

If others don't agree with you and you want to flex your online muscle feel free. To each their own.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member

If yes then get over it.

And you know the "whales" you are taking about that you think control this game is team instinct and @Stormy already said they are all for it.