Data Packs in the Store

Idk about all of you guys, but whenever I get one of those high crystal packs in the data pack store, I ALWAYS get the least amount it has to give. Offers 350k-1.5mil credits and 10-50 shards, I get the 350k and 2 shards. Is it just me or does this happen to everyone?

Replies

• Options
    When they say 10-30 shards they mean that there is a 95% chance for 10 shards, a 4% chance for 20 shards, and a 1% chance for 30 shards.

This is the way all packs by this and every other freemium game ever always work. If you thought that having a spread of possibilities means that all those possibilities are equally likely to happen you should probably leave the internet.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure which pack you are taking about. The ones I see show 2-10 character shards per set. The packs giving 7 sets.
  • Options
    The meaning is still the same. Every pack by every game ever is pretty much guaranteed to give the minimum possible drop. If they didn't they would advertise that fact loudly.

In addition, if the pack in question is the rogue one pack it is guaranteed to mostly give the common shards, not the ones from toons you want.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    The meaning is still the same. Every pack by every game ever is pretty much guaranteed to give the minimum possible drop. If they didn't they would advertise that fact loudly.

In addition, if the pack in question is the rogue one pack it is guaranteed to mostly give the common shards, not the ones from toons you want.

I agree with you statement, both of them completely.
    Any random pack I look at I assume the lowest drop rate and/or the majority to be not the ones I am looking for. If I can live with it then I may go for it if not it gets the skull and crossbones.
    Count Down to rogue one pack with St and Srp I was fine with getting 10 shards each per pack.
    Rogue one pack won't touch it.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I agree with you statement, both of them completely.
    Any random pack I look at I assume the lowest drop rate and/or the majority to be not the ones I am looking for. If I can live with it then I may go for it if not it gets the skull and crossbones.
    Count Down to rogue one pack with St and Srp I was fine with getting 10 shards each per pack.
    Rogue one pack won't touch it.

Same with me.