Farming First Order Tie Pilot

Prev1
GeneralMineralWasser
0 posts Member
edited January 2016
So i just reached lv 60 and i'm wondering if i should start farming First Order Tie Pilot shards as hes supposed to be really strong. Do you think i should also buy him from shipments for 150 crystals or do you think that he isn't worth the effort cause he will most likely be nerfed soon ...
Post edited by GeneralMineralWasser on

Replies

• BigG8501
    66 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    farm him but dont buy from shipments,thats a waste of crystals
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Oh enough ppl cry about him an he'll be nerf'd (CG proved that with "bariss gate")
    Do what you think is fun/best. I dont go for him no matter how strong he is cause hes not a very cool toon. (A random pilot lol gimmi a break) hes way strong so doubt you'll regret farming him unless your like me and want to use toons you actually like.
    Pretty sure no one ever downloaded this game an said "man i really hope they have a tie pilot or geonosian to use" lmfao
  • Options
    To have him is to love him, as far as nerfs go, never worry about the future.

After all Barriss is still useful to this day.
  • Options
    He looks slow to farm to me...
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    My advice is just to focus on characters you like that can help you do a variety of things. The game shouldn't be all about winning Arena battles.

There is no way the developers can allow the game to remain in it's current state. There are new characters that are about to come out, and I am sure that will change the game drastically.

Also, there is a strong possibility that certain characters may get tuned...both negatively and positively. For every toon you can point to that seems overpowered, you can find at least two that seem underpowered.

So just play the game and spend resources on collecting some of your favorite characters that you think you can use. If you collect a character you are just collecting for their current abilities and the effectiveness of those abilities change negstively, you'll feel like you wasted those resources. But if you spend those resources on your favorite characters and those characters' abilities change, then whether those abilities are useful or not, you still have your favorite characters.

Krey

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    To have him is to love him, as far as nerfs go, never worry about the future.

After all Barriss is still useful to this day.

Yup
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming him. But I know it will take a year to max him, and probably will be outdated by then
  • Options
    Has anyone figured out how much it would cost to get 7* FOTP in, say, 1 week?

Someone please do this :).

I guestimate FOTP is about $50 to farm in 1 week.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Oh enough ppl cry about him an he'll be nerf'd (CG proved that with "bariss gate")
    Do what you think is fun/best. I dont go for him no matter how strong he is cause hes not a very cool toon. (A random pilot lol gimmi a break) hes way strong so doubt you'll regret farming him unless your like me and want to use toons you actually like.
    Pretty sure no one ever downloaded this game an said "man i really hope they have a tie pilot or geonosian to use" lmfao

lol, IDK, I think he looks pretty cool. Wasn't honestly expecting to lvl him up, but him being the toon of the month convinced me to give him a try. He's pretty good, squishy but deadly. And looks pretty sick in all black. The game is more fun though if you lvl up a toon that you honestly like, as you said. I still love my super slow Ahsoka :)
  • Options
    7* FOTP for just $50 in 1 week? LOL you wish.
  • Options
    BigG8501 wrote: »

I think shipments is better than refreshing his node. You can refresh his node for 50 crystals and hope you get 1 shard in 3 tries or you can you can guarantee 3 shards for 150 crystals. And this doesn't even take into consideration the refresh cost for energy if you're refreshing his node.
  • Options
    I've been farming him every day. I don't know if he'll ever be viable in arena because it'll take me a year to get him to 7 stars but I have a lot of fun with him in GW.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I farm him because:
    1. Even when fixed he will be useful.
    2. He was 2* for free in December anyway.
    3. He has good nodes. They are high-level nodes and contain useful purple items. 16 energy is of course more than 8, but I'd rather farm shards and gear at the same time than just one or the other.
    Mine is still just 4*. He's very squishy.
    Remember that part of why he's overused right now is that he is bugged when at 7*.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I farm him because:
    1. Even when fixed he will be useful.
    2. He was 2* for free in December anyway.
    3. He has good nodes. They are high-level nodes and contain useful purple items. 16 energy is of course more than 8, but I'd rather farm shards and gear at the same time than just one or the other.
    Mine is still just 4*. He's very squishy.
    Remember that part of why he's overused right now is that he is bugged when at 7*.

Yes, yes yes!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea it me forever just to get him to 3*, mostly because of how long it took me to progress through dark side battles without Daka so I only had one level to farm him from most of the time. I'm going to hold off on farming him for a while and farm Poggle so I can get him to 7* faster than just GW
  • Options
    BigG8501 wrote: »

No, it is a low risk/low reward use of crystals for a very slow farmed, very good hero.

< is stuck one node from his second and uses 350 energy per week for less than 7 FOTP shards on average
  • Options
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how much it would cost to get 7* FOTP in, say, 1 week?

Someone please do this :).

I guestimate FOTP is about $50 to farm in 1 week.

If that were thes case, he would make more money than $50 bundles
  • Options
    I can't imagine how much money it would take in node and energy refreshes to 7* him in a week. $1,000? $2,000? Does the node refresh cost go up each round like the energy refresh cost does?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped farming at 4 stars. I think he will be fixed but I can be wrong. I replaced him with another high damage toon and I'm currently farming Rey. There will be more chromium toons added to the game and the meta could swing so fast that I'm just not going to grind him. As more things change in game I think we can also look forward to other toons being buffed. I'm pretty certain that the devs didn't want him to outperform nearly every other high damage face smashers. It's all a gamble though, but I purposely removed him from my arena team as he felt like a crutch. Sitting in 4th place atm without the Charlie Sheen wraith-lookin dude
  • Options
    So... If you want a 7* FOTP in 7 days you need ~47 shards/day.
    If we are talking about a droprate around 33% that means ~140 hits on his hardmodes each day.
    With 2 farming missions you would then need to refresh each node 22 times / day.
    On top of that you would also need 2 240 energy each day (17 refreshes)

If you want this kind of pace you might actually be better off buying chromiums...
  • Options
    Ilza wrote: »
    So... If you want a 7* FOTP in 7 days you need ~47 shards/day.
    If we are talking about a droprate around 33% that means ~140 hits on his hardmodes each day.
    With 2 farming missions you would then need to refresh each node 22 times / day.
    On top of that you would also need 2 240 energy each day (17 refreshes)

If you want this kind of pace you might actually be better off buying chromiums...

People use chromiums packs for sure. But even there he is pretty rare. I bought chromiuns enough to have QGJ, Leia at 7*, FIST at 6*, Ben 5* and my FOTP is 4* yet.

I don't think he will be nerfed once take a lot of money to upgrade him to 7*. If EA/CG do that, they probably will make his main category of customers SO ANGRY!

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    So i just reached lv 60 and i'm wondering if i should start farming First Order Tie Pilot shards as hes supposed to be really strong. Do you think i should also buy him from shipments for 150 crystals or do you think that he isn't worth the effort cause he will most likely be nerfed soon ...

I think it's a great idea. I started working on Rey when I hit 60 and almost have her at 4*. It'll take ages, but he's a premium character

Regarding the crystals - 150 for 3 shards seems like a waste. You can refresh the mission three times and are likely to get 3 shards or more, plus some gear and credits.

I wouldn't worry about nerfs. We can only speculate the future
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

I think it's a great idea. I started working on Rey when I hit 60 and almost have her at 4*. It'll take ages, but he's a premium character

Regarding the crystals - 150 for 3 shards seems like a waste. You can refresh the mission three times and are likely to get 3 shards or more, plus some gear and credits.

To add, when you refresh, the next cost is 100 crystals, I don't know the next cost possibly 200? I've never refreshed a person's hard mode more than once.
  • Options
    I think Rey is better easier to farm
  • Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    I think Rey is better easier to farm

this. And I have FOTP 7* maxed geared. Bit too slow in the current meta, I see a gs at 149 speed and Rey a much better backcourt.

• Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ---
  • Options
    I don't see him getting a nerf but he is broken and I see that getting fixed so he won't be the OP toon he is at 7* now.

His double tap is broken and his health is way too high at 7*, there's some sort of error with the multiplier.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think he'll get the bugs fixed, but I still farm him. Reason being I'm a sucker for collecting sinergy teams and he's perfect for a first order team.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I think he'll get the bugs fixed, but I still farm him. Reason being I'm a sucker for collecting sinergy teams and he's perfect for a first order team.

I'm doing the same. I'm running Phasma lead and Kylo already.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

50 crystals/shard is about what you get when you refresh a hardmode the first time.