What Characters Should I Farm? (Level 58)

Hi guys, I guess you could say I'm relatively new to the game but I've been reading around on the forums for some time now. I decided to finally make an account and get some advice to which characters I should farm, and also any important advice you have for me as I continue playing. Thanks!

The comp I currently run for Galactic War and arena: Luminara, Wedge, Biggs, Boba, Darth Vader
Light Side Battles: Wedge, Luminara, Biggs, Admiral, Mace
Dark Side Battles: Boba, Darth Vader, Asaji Ventress, Talia, Grand Moff Tarkin

Current 4* Characters:
-Luminara Unduli (Gear Level 6, Lvl 56)
-Admiral Ackbar (Gear Level 6, Lvl 53)
-Darth Vader (Gear Level 6, Lvl 58)
-Mace Windu (Gear Level 6, Lvl 55)
-Boba Fett (Gear Level 6, Level 58)
-Clone Wars Chewbacca (Gear Level 6, Level 52)
-Wedge Antilles (Gear Level 6, Level 58)
-Jedi Consular (Gear Level 6, Level 52)
-Grand Moff Tarkin (Gear Level 5, Level 52)
-Biggs Darklighter (Gear Level 5, Level 53)
-Clone Sergeant Phase 1 (Gear Level 6, Level 48)
-Bistan (Gear Level 5, Level 46)

Current 3* Characters:
-Asaji Ventress (Gear Level 6, Level 50)
-Royal Guard (Gear Level 5, Level 47)
-Talia (Gear Level 4, Level 50)
-IG86 Sentinel Droid (Gear Level 5, Level 45)
-Jawa (Gear Level 4, Level 43)
-Poe Dameron (Gear Level 4, Level 44)
-Ahsoka Tano (Gear Level 4, Level 39)
-Ewok Scout (Gear Level 4, Level 35)
-Ewok Elder (Gear Level 4, Level 31)
-Chief Nebit (Gear Level 3, Level 38)

Current 2* Characters:
-Qui Gon Jinn (Gear Level 4, Level 52)
-Genosian Soldier (Gear Level 4, Level 43)
-TIE Fighter Pilot (Gear Level 4, Level 46)
-Resistance Pilot (Gear Level 4, Level 35)
-Ugnaught (Gear Level 4, Level 36)
-First Order Stormtrooper (Gear Level 4, Level 38)
-Resistance Trooper (Gear Level 4, Level 39)
-Princess Leia (Gear Level 3, Level 36)
-Dengar (Gear Level 4, Level 35)
-IG100 MagnaGuard (Gear Level 4, Level 36)

Current 1* Characters:
-Nightsister Initiate (Gear Level 4, Level 45)
-Snowtrooper (Gear Level 4, Level 38)
-First Order TIE Pilot (Gear Level 4, Level 41)
-Magmatrooper (Gear Level 4, Level 47)

So I have a few questions:
-What is my best comp for Arena/Galactic War/Cantina/Light Side/Dark Side Battles?
-Which heroes should I be collecting right now?
-Which heroes should I be collecting shards and gear for right now?
-Am I making the mistake of upgrading all my heroes?
-And any other tips you think would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    I have an alt at about the same spot as you, and my arena team is Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Scariff Rebel Pathfinder, and Luke. Working on Stormtrooper Han and Ackbar to sub in for the last two, though I haven't really committed to Ackbar. In any case full rebels seems to work well right now. They let me clear light side and GW as well as unlocking Emperor Palpatine. You'd probably do best to run Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, Bistan and Leia. ST Han and Lando would be good adds.

For darkside, I like Fett, Vader, TFP, RG, and 86. Working on more droids wouldn't hurt, but you should focus on a smaller number of toons that are actually being used.

If you're doing a raid, the ewoks will be helpful, too.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Here are some toons that you should focus on:
    Most important you need 5 scoundrels for the credit heist, droid event and mod challenge. Top picks are IG - 88, Lando & ST Han plus 2 others Do this immediately
    Next you need all 5 jawas for the mod challenge. You can hold off on this for a little bit, but for end game, this is a must. you should start working on this team around lvl 70.
    The other teams you will need are rebels and jedi to unlock palpatine and yoda as well as omega events. These can be worked on along side the scoundrel team.

Break down by farm would be:
    GW: Biggs, Lumi, Phasma, IG-86, Teebo, Cad Bane?
    Arena: ST Han, IG-88, Ackbar, Nebit
    Cantina battle: Wedge, Lando, TIE Fighter Pilot or Royal Guard,
    Cantina Store: Boba, Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, Jawa Scavanger
    Guild store: Rex, JE, Sun-Fac, Rey?
    Ships: get ships

on the hard nodes you can either rush one of the toons you are working on from a shop or you can pick toons that have good gear drops as well so that you farm gear and toons at the same time. for toons that are good and have good gear (only listing stage 1-6):
    LS hard nodes: JKA on 5-c, RG on 1-d, JC on 1-b, Fives on 4-f, Ahsoka on 5-d, Lumi on 6-a
    DS hard nodes: IG - 86 on 2-f, Lumi on 2-e, Barriss on 5-c/e, JKA on 5-b, FOTP on 6-b

So teams would look like this:
    DS nodes: Boba, IG-88, IG-86, Phasma, Daka (subs RG or TFP)
    LS nodes: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Lumi, QGJ (subs Rey)
    Scoundrels: Boba, Lando, IG-86, ST Han, Cad Bane?
    Rebels: Wedge, Biggs, ST Han, Ackbar, Lando
    Jedi: JKA, QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi, Barriss
    Arena: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, ST Han, Ackbar (subs Boba, QGJ or Lumi)
    GW: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, Daka (subs Boba or Lumi)
    Rancor: Teebo, QGJ, Wedge, Biggs, Phasma (subs Rey)

Final thoughts: focus on one toon from each farm to complete to 7*. hard nodes can farm multiple toons if desired. Dont spread your resources out between too many toons to start. Get the base teams outlined quick then start branching out. There could be substitutes for these teams, but this allows you to focus on the least number at a time. vader is a trap. he takes so long to star up, that he shouldnt be focused on. make him a side project that you work on as resources permit instead of a priority. Good luck!
  • Options
    Here are some toons that you should focus on:
    Most important you need 5 scoundrels for the credit heist, droid event and mod challenge. Top picks are IG - 88, Lando & ST Han plus 2 others Do this immediately
    Next you need all 5 jawas for the mod challenge. You can hold off on this for a little bit, but for end game, this is a must. you should start working on this team around lvl 70.
    The other teams you will need are rebels and jedi to unlock palpatine and yoda as well as omega events. These can be worked on along side the scoundrel team.

Break down by farm would be:
    GW: Biggs, Lumi, Phasma, IG-86, Teebo, Cad Bane?
    Arena: ST Han, IG-88, Ackbar, Nebit
    Cantina battle: Wedge, Lando, TIE Fighter Pilot or Royal Guard,
    Cantina Store: Boba, Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, Jawa Scavanger
    Guild store: Rex, JE, Sun-Fac, Rey?
    Ships: get ships

on the hard nodes you can either rush one of the toons you are working on from a shop or you can pick toons that have good gear drops as well so that you farm gear and toons at the same time. for toons that are good and have good gear (only listing stage 1-6):
    LS hard nodes: JKA on 5-c, RG on 1-d, JC on 1-b, Fives on 4-f, Ahsoka on 5-d, Lumi on 6-a
    DS hard nodes: IG - 86 on 2-f, Lumi on 2-e, Barriss on 5-c/e, JKA on 5-b, FOTP on 6-b

So teams would look like this:
    DS nodes: Boba, IG-88, IG-86, Phasma, Daka (subs RG or TFP)
    LS nodes: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Lumi, QGJ (subs Rey)
    Scoundrels: Boba, Lando, IG-86, ST Han, Cad Bane?
    Rebels: Wedge, Biggs, ST Han, Ackbar, Lando
    Jedi: JKA, QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi, Barriss
    Arena: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, ST Han, Ackbar (subs Boba, QGJ or Lumi)
    GW: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, Daka (subs Boba or Lumi)
    Rancor: Teebo, QGJ, Wedge, Biggs, Phasma (subs Rey)

Final thoughts: focus on one toon from each farm to complete to 7*. hard nodes can farm multiple toons if desired. Dont spread your resources out between too many toons to start. Get the base teams outlined quick then start branching out. There could be substitutes for these teams, but this allows you to focus on the least number at a time. vader is a trap. he takes so long to star up, that he shouldnt be focused on. make him a side project that you work on as resources permit instead of a priority. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I really like Bistan, is he in a good place in the meta right now/good for my rebel team comp?
  • Options
    Also what do you mean when you say "subs?"
  • Options

The problem with Bistan is that you cant farm him. So I would shelve him for now. Im sure hes great, but unless you can get his shards, he isnt going to be long term. "subs" are just my suggestions for substitutes to the 5 person team preceding it. It gives you some flexibility in building a team you prefer. ie if you want a tank in the DS team, put RG in there or if you like Boba, use him in Arena. :)
  • Options

The problem with Bistan is that you cant farm him. So I would shelve him for now. Im sure hes great, but unless you can get his shards, he isnt going to be long term. "subs" are just my suggestions for substitutes to the 5 person team preceding it. It gives you some flexibility in building a team you prefer. ie if you want a tank in the DS team, put RG in there or if you like Boba, use him in Arena. :)
    Thanks, and that really sucks because I like Bistan a lot. Does EA make heroes available for shards ever? I leveled him up to 4 stars because of the data card event they had this month.
  • Options
    he will eventually become available somewhere other than through data cards, but no telling where or when he will show up. They will announce it though.
  • Options
    You can use him for some things, its just stars are requirements for raids and events, so once you have a team of 7* you could go back to him if you like him.
  • Options
    Bistan is available through fleet shipments. There are a lot or other things you will want to buy there as well, but he is available.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    ships become available at level 60....which also has a store where you can buy shards...i recommend getting wedge from there because you'll probably won't have it available/open in the cantina battles yet...this store has all sorts of goodies, don't go crazy and concentrate on 1.