Brother in-law and I just got kicked from guild without warning :D

Prev134
He started playing when the game released, I started in June. He's had a really good TM squad for awhile now, so naturally he was the top scorer in pit raids, with the leader and one of the officers intermittently questioning how he scored so well. He shared his "secret," others followed suit and got TM squads of their own, no biggie.

Fast-forward to the present. A few weeks back we were able to finish our first Heroic Rancor, and since then we've been pretty good about communicating start times and taking turns against the pigs. This past attempt, I asked if I could go first, since I just got Dengar to 7* and wanted to see how much it'd help me.

I was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it. I told him it was only because I just had a really good TM squad and that against Rancor I wouldn't have done nearly as good.

A few hours later, my brother in-law logs on and sees he isn't in a guild; I check and it's the same for me. He asks another friend who's also in the guild what happened, and lo and behold, we were kicked without warning. Whether it was out of suspicion of cheating or just spite (both of which are silly reasons unless you're completely oblivious to the raid meta), we don't know, but we're not angry. Just disappointed.

Replies

• Options
    That really shucks guys.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Typical jealous spite of failed leadership. They are bosses, not leaders. Further, any leader (so called?) who is jealous over Rancor is sick in the head. Let's see how he manages Heroic AAT. LOL!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Typical jealous spite of failed leadership. They are bosses, not leaders. Further, any leader (so called?) who is jealous over Rancor is sick in the head. Let's see how he manages Heroic AAT. LOL!

They actually just had the bright idea of trying to take the Heroic AAT on yesterday; needless to say only a small dent was put into phase 1 lol
  • Options
    Sorry bro- I know the feeling - did too much damage in a raid when they told me to go in and then dumped it - wasted all those tickets and told me not to do so much damage.

So I left - probably for the best for you guys too - gonfind a guild that would appreciate your efforts and help
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.
    It's clear this was the reason. Your squads stole chances for other players from getting a decent score.

Since your guild just started running heroic rancor...they for sure don't need a damage hog.
    I am sure your guild leader did not give an ok to solo pig phase.

Without asking permission from Raid leader you should have not solod the pigs.

If I was the guild leader I would have insta kicked both of you for the sake of remaining 48 in the guild.

• Options
    Vgmaster86 wrote: »
    Sorry bro- I know the feeling - did too much damage in a raid when they told me to go in and then dumped it - wasted all those tickets and told me not to do so much damage.

So I left - probably for the best for you guys too - gonfind a guild that would appreciate your efforts and help

Honestly, it was probably only a matter of time before we left anyway. The leader and his friend seemed to have it out for my bro in-law over the past several months (periodic questioning, ignoring him when he simply asked what officers can do, and most recently waiting until they knew he was asleep to start a Heroic raid), even though he's a big reason we were able to finish raids so efficiently and finally take down the Heroic Rancor.

The only thing that's a real bummer is a few of my friends are also in that guild, and some of the other members were pretty cool.
  • Options
    You're welcome to join the guild im in, we do heroic rancor and will be doing heroic tank in a few weeks or sooner with the right new members, PM me
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Options
    was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.
    It's clear this was the reason. Your squads stole chances for other players from getting a decent score.

Since your guild just started running heroic rancor...they for sure don't need a damage hog.

If I was the guild leader I would have insta kicked both of you for the sake of remaining 48 in the guild.

Ya...... they told us to solo the pigs. Top 6 guys all can solo the pigs so it was his turn to do it.
  • Options
    Ryman03 wrote: »

Ya...... they told us to solo the pigs. Top 6 guys all can solo the pigs so it was his turn to do it.
    I hope your guild leader responds to this post and shares his side of the story.

Gkicks always have a valid reason.
  • Options
    You're both welcome to join our guild if you like. We can make room for two. We're very easily completing T6 Rancor and Normal AAT. About to transition to Heroic Rancor so we'd welcome both of you! Shoot me an ally request if you're interested (337-125-362).
  • Options

I hope your guild leader responds to this post and shares his side of the story.

I know you can't just take our word for it, but I can vouch - all the top guys were taking turns soloing/trying to solo the pigs. Some friends of ours are currently asking about why we got kicked in the chat just to confirm what the deal is, actually.
  • Options
    Alright, turns out it was "simply not possible" for my team of Teebo, Qui-Gon, Chewie, Geonosian Soldier, and Dengar to solo the pigs.

They also kicked my other friend for confronting them about it.
  • Options
    Sir_Mou5e wrote: »
    Alright, turns out it was "simply not possible" for my team of Teebo, Qui-Gon, Chewie, Geonosian Soldier, and Dengar to solo the pigs.

They also kicked my other friend for confronting them about it.

Yeah, a guild who just finished heroic rancor trying heroic AAT isn't bright at all. They did you a favor kicking both of you guys because now you know two things: there's extremely low IQ leaders out there, and you can find a much, much better guild.
  • Options
    Hi, you are welcome to join us. We have 4 vacancies in the guild. Doing Heroic Rancor every 2-3 days. Able to finish a normal AAT in one refresh. Time Zone is GMT +8. Kindly join us. My ally code : 164-685-538
  • Options
    It sounds like you need to come to a guild where people know that soloing pigs is a thing and be with more relaxed people.

We have spaces in talk to the Han.
    This is us
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/87497/5-spots-left-in-our-guild#latest

Come and cheek us out.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the offers, guys; I appreciate it.

Sadly I don't think it'll work out with some/most of you, as I have four other friends that have left or will be leaving my former guild and need a new guild with 6 open spots total. I know that's a lot to ask for, so I'm just gonna throw it out there and hope someone has the space. All six players (myself included) range from levels 80-85 and are active players. If anyone's interested in adopting us, please PM me lol
  • Options
    Good luck in finding a home. I thought we had more spaces but only room for 3. Sorry
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Oh would you just stop! And that's why you're not the guild leader. You don't boot folks for having good rosters, especially when they offer so much to the guild in terms of future raids, AAT, strategy for other guildmates, and publicity. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, period.

Regardless, soloing doesn't harm anyone, due to damage overlap. He would have still be in the same phase by the time P2 started. And he would have gotten first or top 3 regardless, more than likely.
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Sir_Mou5e I pm'ed you. We can take you all. Sounds like you would be a good fit
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

Gkicks always have a reason, not necessarily a valid one.
  • Options

No it isn't clearly the reason, since the OP says he specifically asked if he could go first. A good leader would have taken the blame for any ambiguity resulting in the OP soloing p1 and, at the very least, have given him a warning about not doing so next time. This was bad leadership, any way you slice it.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you want to join us, you can message us via LINE (Cuzzins or dudemk3). We've got room for you all. We do heroic Rancor thrice weekly and normal Tank when possible, moving towards heroic. We'd love to have you folks.

We have no problem with soloing, many of us do it and we coordinate so as many who want to solo can. Guild is mainly U.K. Based but also several US folks (including myself)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this happened you. There are many good established guilds out there so you shouldn't worry about this too much!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Regardless, soloing doesn't harm anyone, due to damage overlap. He would have still be in the same phase by the time P2 started. And he would have gotten first or top 3 regardless, more than likely.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    The ability to solo the rancor has been around forever. To you or anyone else looking for guilds, there is a chat in line (app) to help people find a quality guild. You can find guilds looking for 1 to a full merger.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    We can take you, just shoot me a request (337-125-362).
  • Options

Give me a break, damage stacks and nobody loses anything. Soloing the pigs is the norm, not the exception. If you'd kick someone simply for that I feel for anyone in your guild.
  • PartyBoyGriff
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you two want to join a fun easy and competitive guild we have 47-50 on the cusp of heroic raids. And normal on tank. We are the 501st Combat Studies Group.

We one day the 6* Rancor and about three days for the normal tank. A lot of rewards.
  • Options
    Im Partyboygriff 956-567-412. Let's do this!
  • Options

Give me a break, damage stacks and nobody loses anything. Soloing the pigs is the norm, not the exception. If you'd kick someone simply for that I feel for anyone in your guild.
    For a guild who just started heroic rancor (keywords here are just started) then yes soloing phases is an issue unless it was permitted by Raid leader.

You want a break go eat a Kit Kat.
This discussion has been closed.