Dumbest AI moves

Prev13
Let's see what you got!

Healers wasting their heal when the have healing immunity.
Ships wasting specials when opponents have damage immunity.

Replies

• Options
    Ships targeting ships that have damage immunity when it could target a ship that doesn't have damage immunity and no one is taunting.

• Options
    Taunting when shocked or have buff fimunity inflicted on them.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Any time RG uses defense/health up
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

I mean, if EP just stunned everyone and Vader already had speed down on everyone and some empire characters are at lowish health it can be a better option.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

I mean, if EP just stunned everyone and Vader already had speed down on everyone and some empire characters are at lowish health it can be a better option.

I disagree. A stun on vader would keep him from using culling blade or boba from using execute
  • Options
    Chewie using anything other than his basic attack when shocked. [I love shocking Chewie]
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Chirrut using his damage special when moving first (and when no one is buffed) rather than giving tenacity up to team.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Chirrut using his damage special when moving first (and when no one is buffed) rather than giving tenacity up to team.

In a full R1 team they all start with buffs. But yes better to give tenacity up
  • Options
    Akbar ship using his heal on anyone but the ship that's damaged.
  • Options
    Ventress is the worst,seriously tho,I need the dumb AI to even win sometime.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Shoretrooper not taunting on his first move after his first taunt has been removed. I've only seen it happen once and was really surprised by it but it made it an even easier win for me
  • Options
    Leia "stealthing" with buff immunity
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Ahsoka crapping away Master Plan with Turnabout. I mean, the ability is pure garbage, but losing 2 turns to get like 6k protection really is the dumbest.
  • Meeraval_Marnath1
    373 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Teebo using anything other than basic when stealthed. It's particularly great when he is already stealthed by his leader ability, then uses his special to stealth himself again, then uses his dispel while stealthed.
  • Options
    Yoda using battle meditation when he has shock/buff immunity.
  • Options
    Teebo using anything other than basic when stealthed. It's particularly great when he is already stealthed by his leader ability, then uses his special to stealth himself again, then uses his dispel while stealthed.

and then the stealth disappears
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Je first move basic

STH first move basic

Ships, Rex "healing" when almost no damage taken.

B2 using aoe when no buffs present

• Options
    Oh, my favorite:

When my Ackbar is almost dead and my whole team is suffering from dozens of debuffs, and the AI decides to shoot some random toon allowing Ackbar another turn to cleanse the debuffs and heal the whole team.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I could be wrong about this but I think if STH taunts with buff immunity his allies gain the tm when he takes damage and it can't be dispelled. Obviously if that is the case just avoid attacking him, but using an are can grant tm to the other enemies. So it's not the worst thing for him to taunt with it. I've noticed it in the arena but haven't fully tested it to see if something else was adjusting tm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gollre wrote: »
    I could be wrong about this but I think if STH taunts with buff immunity his allies gain the tm when he takes damage and it can't be dispelled. Obviously if that is the case just avoid attacking him, but using an are can grant tm to the other enemies. So it's not the worst thing for him to taunt with it. I've noticed it in the arena but haven't fully tested it to see if something else was adjusting tm.

Yes this is absolutely true. Not sure if it's a bug but I have reported it and I think I have seen others confirm this.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Buff immunity prevents the character from gaining buffs (green icons). Turn meter is not a green icon. Therefore han should and does grant himself and his allies turn meter.
  • Options

Buff immunity prevents the character from gaining buffs (green icons). Turn meter is not a green icon. Therefore han should and does grant himself and his allies turn meter.

Problem is that if you simply dispell it, TM gain stops. That means that the buff was removed, or simply isn't there. When he taunts with buff immunity, the taunt itself simply isn't there. This can be looked at from multiple perspectives, it would be nice to know if bug or WAI
  • Options
    Once had a Biggs use his special on K-2, who then got to apply offence-down and daze on him. They then continued to attack the K-2 (despite him not actually taunting initially), until the counters got enough crits that I got to daze Wedge as well.

Probably the only way I could've actually won against that team.
  • Options
    It's not AI even by any liberal definition. Not knocking the developers, the computer opponent is supposed to be easy.

Arena's model is based on it's easy to climb but hard to hold on defense. People play more when they win.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

His tm granting is tied to his taunt when he uses his ability and gains taunt..... why shouldn't it be tied to him taunting when he has buff immunity?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

His tm granting is tied to his taunt when he uses his ability and gains taunt..... why shouldn't it be tied to him taunting when he has buff immunity?

He can still taunt, he just doesn't gain "threat" making everyone attack him, as I see it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

He can still taunt, he just doesn't gain "threat" making everyone attack him, as I see it

- situation 1- he taunts (gains the buff), buff dispelled tm gain goes away....
    - situation 2- he has buff immunity doesn't gain taunt, tm gain cannot be dispelled...

In 1 they are tied together and in 2 they are not, it should be one way or the other.

You are just kinda making things up, taunt is a buff, there is no mechanic for "threat" as you put it....
  • Options
    My favourite is using the Tie Fighters special against Ashoka in ship combat, and then she immediately wastes her special to remove his foresight.

Chirrut saving his cleanse is really situational, if you are facing a B2 then using it right away before B2 even goes is pretty much an automatic loss.
  • Options
    Biggs using his triple on Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    The best is in ships imo. GS never using his special, and fives only using his special when someone is near death.. two awesome characters pretty much ruined