If EA nerfs qui Gon Ill quit playing & we need a dark side healer

Baldo
2863 posts Member
He was just released I have been putting umpteen crystals and time into him almost have him 6* one gear slot away from lvl 8 and he's pretty good I must say. Please don't touch him!!!

Replies

• Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    He was just released I have been putting umpteen crystals and time into him almost have him 6* one gear slot away from lvl 8 and he's pretty good I must say. Please don't touch him!!!

Don't think he will be nerfed.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He should be nerfed, but probably won't be. (My flamesuit is on.)
    That said, anyone putting tons of investment into a mobile game right before a major update should expect changes that might put that investment at risk. I'd love Jinn myself (fits into a team concept I want to build) but my tokens are staying put until I see what's coming.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    He Will not be nerfed. Many many chars have to be nerfed Before him
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    His assist ability is way out of whack compared to other assist characters. And being able to strip a taunt AND grant offense up to the entire team AND do damage is severely overpowered (and on a short cooldown, no less). Then there's his leader ability...
    His only drawback is the prevalence of anti-Jedi characters in the game now.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    His assist ability is way out of whack compared to other assist characters. And being able to strip a taunt AND grant offense up to the entire team AND do damage is severely overpowered (and on a short cooldown, no less). Then there's his leader ability...

So they take 3 months to figure this out and nerf him after releasing to F2P?
    Then you are suggesting they don't do balancing test before releasing to chromium?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've thought he should be nerfed since day one. His assist ability is just ridiculous. If it weren't for Dooku and Sidious being everywhere he would be on every team now. He may be anyway soon.
    I've also repeatedly warned people since they made him farmable to use caution because of the incoming update.
  • Options

Which doesn't work and won't work in turn 1. Seems he is quite balanced from my PoV, I'd be hard pressed to spell out 2-3 completely OP toons in the game which points that the game itself is actually quite balanced.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think he'll be nerfed. He is individually good, but don't affect the whole battle in the sense Poe does. Similar to FTOP or Rey. Might be wrong, tho.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's entirely possible the next update will contain major changes that will make this whole "turn 1" nonsense become much less important than it is now. I certainly hope that's the case, because it's really dumb that so many characters see so little use simply because of one stat. This is a turn-based game and while someone has to go first, right now speed is WAY too important.
  • Options
    I'd be shocked if Jinn was nerfed. he's pretty well balanced as a really low health turn 2 hero. If he's nerfed than that means they dug really deep and a massive revamp of much of the roster is on the way.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's entirely possible the next update will contain major changes that will make this whole "turn 1" nonsense become much less important than it is now. I certainly hope that's the case, because it's really dumb that so many characters see so little use simply because of one stat. This is a turn-based game and while someone has to go first, right now speed is WAY too important.

That is perfectly posible. A meta change that makes QGJ (and friends) overall less appealing. A direct nerf to him (like Barris), I doubt
  • Options
    I hope the nerf Qui gon, and take away a dark side healer just so i can see you implode.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The second part of the post - you have 2, possibly 3 dark side healers (Daka, Talia and Ventress if they fix her so she counts armor too.) Not only are they healers, each has some other pretty cool special abilities as well:

Ventress is the only character with 5 abilities - she can pack some punch and do AoE

Daka has that sweet stun

Talia is versatile. She can heal everyone else, she can heal herself and provide some offense in the same shot or she can pack a good punch - and dot people. It depends on what you need when her turn comes up.

ETA: And all 3 are fairly farmable (Vent being the exception)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    The ramblings of a child. If you don't do this, I'll hold my breath till you do!

Well enjoy the blue face bud...

Please nerf him, please nerf him, please nerf him!

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if the meta changes after this next update. I'm looking forward to it tbh!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    ygm8k.jpg
  • Options
    So funny. When he was P2P everyone use him and like it.
    But he is now F2P and all you want to nerf him?
    **** P2W players, you are so fanny.
  • Options
    I hope the nerf Qui gon, and take away a dark side healer just so i can see you implode.

Some people just like to see the world burn!

Hahaha, :lol:
  • Options

Some people just like to see the world burn!

Hahaha, :lol:

GUILTY! lol
  • Options
    I am hoping they nerf any toons that become farmable, it will make the forums fun to read. :o
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I am hoping they nerf any toons that become farmable, it will make the forums fun to read. :o

I am so not in the mood for that again... It'd be akin to putting splinters under ones fingernails & playing the piano... So not fun!
  • Options
    Tired of people asking for dark side hero's. Farm them like everyone else is. I farmed Talia and daka to 7* and have no issues with any dark side mission. People just love to complain and find daka hard to farm with so many other good characters in that farming spot. I'm paying the price for 7* daka with everyone having poe's and such, but was worth it in long run. They better not bring in another farm able dark side hero anytime soon.