(non)definitive poe counter

Replies

• Options
    Great job - thanks for showing that Han can still be very useful even against Poe - the toon everyone compares him to. Also...FOO is a beast. Great job on his star level.

Would you say you win about 40% of the time or so? Regardless of the percentage, this is how you end up getting to hard counters with higher percentages. You have to start somewhere. Begging for nerfs on day 1 of Poe 143 and not trying anything doesn't get you anywhere. Grats to the OP for putting on the big boy pants - probably losing multiple times trying to find a good combo - and coming up with a solution.
  • Options
    @reizse Congrats. great job!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for relieving my fear that I am making a mistake by levelling Han :D
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    So this was a 10% chance of you actually winning?
    Ofcourse I beat up the same teams every now and then, if Leia was swapped for GS you would have been dead anyway.

But yeah it is beatable, only very low chance every time again.

i win 100% of the 50% coin flips between dooku and poe, regardless of the team comp...yes even with gs.
    i win 50% of the 50% which is 25% of the coin flips where poe goes first.

there's no other way to explain how i reach top 5 at payout daily without using refreshes. the top 7 on my shard all use poe teams. i'm the only one who doesn't use poe. hope that makes sense and my math isn't off
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Great job - thanks for showing that Han can still be very useful even against Poe - the toon everyone compares him to. Also...FOO is a beast. Great job on his star level.

Would you say you win about 40% of the time or so? Regardless of the percentage, this is how you end up getting to hard counters with higher percentages. You have to start somewhere. Begging for nerfs on day 1 of Poe 143 and not trying anything doesn't get you anywhere. Grats to the OP for putting on the big boy pants - probably losing multiple times trying to find a good combo - and coming up with a solution.

yes, like i said earlier, i use the team i want because it's fun. poe is definitely a challenge for any team and i won't deny that. he's the ace in the hole for many hard hitting teams. if i manage a 50% win rate without mirror matching, that's a good day for me because i'm still having fun and that isn't contingent on me winning or losing (but let's be honest...who doesn't like to win?) i just don't get salty when i lose. it's the choice i made when i put this team together
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    @reizse
    Hmm I see, guess we are in the same boat. My server is also full of Poe users and I usually win 1 out of 5 vs said teams (using Poe myself).
    I actually found out that it is easier to beat if my Poe taunts second (I know right...).
    Reasoning is simple: if everybody survives the first round, my Poe can taunt afterwards and the full first turn nuke will be on enemy Poe. After that I can usually take a FotP with me in the same turn leaving 3 up vs 5.
    If enemy Poe taunts second, I usually need to switch to Poe again while leaving FotP around half health (means he gets another turn) and this is where I commonly lose.
    So ye I'm the person who's Poe needs to go 2nd, otherwise the chance of winning is pretty much 0% :P
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Most arena battles are decided by round 2. Your ability to kill a opponent toon before the AI kills one of yours first is pretty much it.

The AI failure to kill a toon means u won
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @reizse
    Hmm I see, guess we are in the same boat. My server is also full of Poe users and I usually win 1 out of 5 vs said teams (using Poe myself).
    I actually found out that it is easier to beat if my Poe taunts second (I know right...).
    Reasoning is simple: if everybody survives the first round, my Poe can taunt afterwards and the full first turn nuke will be on enemy Poe. After that I can usually take a FotP with me in the same turn leaving 3 up vs 5.
    If enemy Poe taunts second, I usually need to switch to Poe again while leaving FotP around half health (means he gets another turn) and this is where I commonly lose.
    So ye I'm the person who's Poe needs to go 2nd, otherwise the chance of winning is pretty much 0% :P

yes, most of my poe battles are ones of attrition. if by round 2, i have all 5 standing, i know i've pretty much won it. where it gets fun is if i'm 3/4 v 5 and we're taking down 1 per turn, which means there's much deeper strategy involved other than who moves more or who moves faster or who has bigger pew pews.
    i hate to say it, but han is just a martyr most fights...it'd be wonderful if i could keep him alive longer because his ability to churn out additional turns almost feels like cheating haha
    mighty chlorians
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    edit: sorry, my 2 year old daughter decided she wanted to write something here. I guess she likes Poe or Han!
  • Options
    @reizse

what about Kylo or GS instead of FOO?
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Darn, that makes me wish I went for FOO a couple of weeks ago, just like I wanted... But I really needed the stupid Daka for GW and DS missions. :/
    But how do you generally open with FOO? I take it he'll use one of his specials since Phasma attacks afterwards? And how does the AI play him in defense, no Greedo syndrome?
    EDIT: wow, the profanity filter even stops non-swear words...
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I've been curious about FOO as well. What is his basic like with and without the advantage buff? I am also wondering how the AI plays him as I haven't come across any.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    duffmc81 wrote: »
    @reizse

Yes, is FOO even a critical part of the strategy here? Can you just sub in a high-DPS toon, or do you need his RNG-based turn-meter control?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Can somebody post the team? I'm at work and our environment is blocking the pics
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    FOO is basically Poe Little in turn manipulation, only he is turn 8. Next cap increase he will be turn 7, and will be Poe with more damage (if paired with Phasma).
  • Options
    nosferatu wrote: »
    Can somebody post the team? I'm at work and our environment is blocking the pics

Phasma (L)
    Dooku
    Lumi
    ST Han
    FOO
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    nosferatu wrote: »

Phasma (L)
    Dooku
    Lumi
    ST Han
    FOO

Thanks! FOO is an interesting choice. Cool stuff.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I use foo for several reasons:
    fo synergy with phasma's lead
    advantage synergy with phasma's special
    grants 90% turn meter for a quick kill
    pinning shot grants 15% turn meter for my whole team

I'll try and take screenshots of his dmg later today
    mighty chlorians
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @reizse Thanks to post this! it help a lot for the community.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    duffmc81 wrote: »
    @reizse

Yes, is FOO even a critical part of the strategy here? Can you just sub in a high-DPS toon, or do you need his RNG-based turn-meter control?

I would say if you have gs, try it as he has both speed and damage. I don't use gs myself so I can't say. actually, I don't think I use any bursty characters in general, with lumi probably doing the most damage with her special. I don't even have poggle...lol which leads me to believe maybe I'm not playing correctly sometimes
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Darn, that makes me wish I went for FOO a couple of weeks ago, just like I wanted... But I really needed the stupid Daka for GW and DS missions. :/
    But how do you generally open with FOO? I take it he'll use one of his specials since Phasma attacks afterwards? And how does the AI play him in defense, no Greedo syndrome?
    EDIT: wow, the profanity filter even stops non-swear words...

foo opens with pinning shot to get lumi able to heal ASAP from the turn 1 burst

I haven't seen my team on defense, but I've been locked in battle at rank 2-3 and held rank after the battle was over. this is around 5:35-5:45 so I know someone isn't just using me to hold their own rank
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I've been curious about FOO as well. What is his basic like with and without the advantage buff? I am also wondering how the AI plays him as I haven't come across any.

here's foo's dmg with 5 adv buffed characters with a crit. unfortunately, i finished all my challenges and arena battles and he crit every time, so i couldn't get a non crit value. and for some reason i didn't capture a non advantage hit. working back from his crit dmg bonus of 150%, the normal non crit should be 5251

lYPKYtj.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    left work early today (not feeling well) and had time to challenge the rank 1 player on my shard. was expecting a more straightforward team, but it was actually pretty challenging and had lots of fun. my guess was a hybrid damage + assist calling team (strange...no geo?). poe went first and it was a close one!

here are the results:

vXAK7ip.jpgXotnChs.jpgdbPCJGD.jpgJAW9dzh.jpgeKx6Wve.jpgGyGJjm4.jpguVnNogC.jpgl5G3Bid.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the follow up response!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Awesome work. I'm currently farming st han (currently 1/2 way to 5*) and I've had many days wondering if I would have been better off farming eeth koth or ig88 but your story assured me that he's a good toon in a fo, turn manipulation team. My current team at lvl 64 is:

Phasma 6*
    Kylo 6*
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    Daka 6*

Will eventually replace sid with geo, then one of the healers for han. I know Lumi heal would be critical for recovery against poe teams but Daka has single handedly turned the tide with her stuns in countless matches, so it'll be a tough call.. will eventually also add fotp (currently 15/65 to 5*) for kylo

Currently farming qgj in cantina but after your story, Foo sounds really tempting...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome work. I'm currently farming st han (currently 1/2 way to 5*) and I've had many days wondering if I would have been better off farming eeth koth or ig88 but your story assured me that he's a good toon in a fo, turn manipulation team. My current team at lvl 64 is:

Phasma 6*
    Kylo 6*
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    Daka 6*

Will eventually replace sid with geo, then one of the healers for han. I know Lumi heal would be critical for recovery against poe teams but Daka has single handedly turned the tide with her stuns in countless matches, so it'll be a tough call.. will eventually also add fotp (currently 15/65 to 5*) for kylo

Currently farming qgj in cantina but after your story, Foo sounds really tempting...

i'm really tempted to 7* daka after foo is finished...the reason is i want to try a comp that can fully shut down the other team through TM manipulation and stuns. the damage output doesn't need to be high if you can effectively stun the entire team while gaining additional turns.

in your setup, i think geo for sid and han for daka can be viable. the only question is whether or not geo is enough to drop the opp(oe)sing (haha) poe with his assist. if anyone but lumi is called, you'll get shorted on damage and at the worst case, kylo is called and poe resists both his status effects, gaining back more hp than kylo would do on his basic attack.

you'll need lumi to keep han topped off so he can get kylo and fotp to move faster when he takes dmg. tough choices...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Yo nice dude :)
    I've seen a fun Poe variation today with Daka. Stuns were annoying but maybe fun to add in this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98CQYMuCzo
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen a fun Poe variation today with Daka. Stuns were annoying but maybe fun to add in this topic.

nice! I'll take a look at it on my coffee break. I've heard good things about daka stuns since she's speedy herself
    mighty chlorians
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Awesome work. I'm currently farming st han (currently 1/2 way to 5*) and I've had many days wondering if I would have been better off farming eeth koth or ig88 but your story assured me that he's a good toon in a fo, turn manipulation team.

Baron_Arieola,

Han needs every bit of health in the current high speed/dps meta. Get him to 7* (he would then have around 11k of health. Still not enough...) and while he may not be as game-dictating as Poe, he is nonetheless fun to have with his turn manipulation.
    reizse wrote: »

Phasma 6*
    Kylo 6*
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    Daka 6*

i'm really tempted to 7* daka after foo is finished...the reason is i want to try a comp that can fully shut down the other team through TM manipulation and stuns. the damage output doesn't need to be high if you can effectively stun the entire team while gaining additional turns.

in your setup, i think geo for sid and han for daka can be viable. the only question is whether or not geo is enough to drop the opp(oe)sing (haha) poe with his assist. if anyone but lumi is called, you'll get shorted on damage and at the worst case, kylo is called and poe resists both his status effects, gaining back more hp than kylo would do on his basic attack.

you'll need lumi to keep han topped off so he can get kylo and fotp to move faster when he takes dmg. tough choices...

Daka is a fine choice as she can stun (two if you are lucky), provide healing faster than Lumi and revive as well. Having her also means survivability of Han increases - unless he is slapped with the heal immunity. I find using Daka to be fun. Unpredictable and unreliable, but fun. :)
  • Options
    Forgot about poe's resist/health ability. Thanks for the tip! I'll probably keep Daka and replace kylo with han instead. Then replace Daka with fotp once he hits 6* in a month or so...

daka also gets a lot of assists through phasma ability. maybe she's actually snoke got her voice lowered through chain-smoking =D

Wow I can't believe you won that, after the initial beat down and constant revives. Great job! Also you have balls for using a 4* fotp with no tank. I'm assuming you switch it out to another toon on your last match?