Poggle the Lesser OP and done broke the game!

Prev134
Greetings,

Ive got to put this out there after facing Poggle the Lesser in the Arena over the last few weeks.

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

I believe that Poggle is totally op and has for now broken the game. With his increase of offense many toons are able to one shot and straight up kill my toons. Often by the time my second toon has a chance to attack then 2-3 of my toons are dead.

This cant possibly be how the designers have chosen to have the game play out. No character should be able to grant skills to one shot other toons. And if im not wrong it lasts two turns? Wouldn't know as I never make it past a whole round.

Im all about a challenge... but this is impossible.

I am currently making a list of all players who run him so that I wont go up against them in arena... this is the only work around i can figure.

A VERY easy fix would be to lower his speed so that there is a chance to perhaps stun him... give the players a chance to play... this is just stupid.

I know that its not fair to players who spent time farming him to knock him down but **** they need to do something because from where im standing one stupid toon has **** near broke the game.

Anyone have any concept on how to counter him? Perhaps a nightsister squad with boosted speed to increase the chance that he may get stunned?

Sorry im not one to complain but this one is beyond me...

Thanks,
Trentazoid

Replies

• Options
    You do realize that QGJ can do the same thing, do it quicker, and remove a Taunt at the same time...

These nerf posts are narrow-minded. This or that character does not need reworked. The system of health to damage ratios - as a whole - needs reworked. Balance damage output first, then rework health across the board to be online with new damage. Finally, adjust healing to be proportional to new health.
  • Options
    Maybe if they reduce his chances of blocking special abilities then yes. Otherwise, no. I dont think hes OP. Your team isnt tanky enough.
  • Options
    Trentazoid wrote: »

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

Poggle is not OP. your team is Underpowered (UP)
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the kind words.... what gives, calling me out and all, weak (nurf)... narrow minded? Didn't I ask if anyone had any ideas about how to counter... didn't I mention that i didn't think it was fair to mess with players that had farmed him (thinking of others)?

And no i didn't know that he could do it also, but thanks for the info... wow.

Was you always such a mean little troll?
    ReznorX wrote: »
    You do realize that QGJ can do the same thing, do it quicker, and remove a Taunt at the same time...

These nerf posts are narrow-minded. This or that character does not need reworked. The system of health to damage ratios - as a whole - needs reworked. Balance damage output first, then rework health across the board to be online with new damage. Finally, adjust healing to be proportional to new health.

Wow thanks for the kind words.... what gives, calling me out and all, weak (nurf)... narrow minded? Didn't I ask if anyone had any ideas about how to counter... didn't I mention that i didn't think it was fair to mess with players that had farmed him (thinking of others)?

And no i didn't know that he could do it also, but thanks for the info... wow.

Was you always such a mean little troll?
  • Options
    Go home trent, you're drunk...
  • Options
    oops double post... sorry
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thank you... This thread is short-sighted. The issue is not in a specific character, but the meta as a whole. Speed/High DMG/Poe kill everything before several of your characters have a chance to take an action.

The devs really need to slow the game down (especially in Arena), whether that is by increasing health/armor/resistance or lowering damage or base stats or an entirely different solution... something needs to be done. Right now the meta is so RNG and the majority of matches are determined during the first few moves.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Now poggle?...learn to play
  • Options
    Op, drop JC, he's bad at pvp. But your right, the designers have made some mistakes. Other games out there see mistakes and work in balances through patches. This game sometimes feels like a working beta. A game I used to love guildwars had a great balance and evolving meta, live team would observe top pvp and adjust skills that were gimmicky and Grossly op. This game sometimes allows op and buggy chars to be used indefinitely. Get used to it I guess.
  • Options
    Is he that good tho? I don't even run him in my droid squad, my 88 can already one shot with a critical. He is loss of an attack imo, yeah he makes the other 4 stronger, but he himself is crap. Is he that fast also? Stun with OD or dooku who are very fast, turn back his meter with poe then kill him before he has a chance to boost, ability block him with the tons of chars who can do that, so many routes to stop him.
  • Options
    I may have been mean. But I'm right.
  • Options
    Thanks to the kind posters...

I didnt write this to rant, I wrote it because I saw an issue and brought it up.

Didnt realize by posting it that I would get a bunch of ppl pouncing on me.

I was looking to bring up an issue and ask for some help.

Wish I could close my own post.

Not worth the headache to listen to people go off on me... its a video game and is supposed to be fun.

**** guys...
  • Options
    No hero is OP as long as you have the heroes to counter him/her. The trouble is, most people aren't interested in changing from the team they've grow used to playing with even when it's no longer getting the desired results.

I used to run: Boba lead, Luke, Poggle, Geo Soldier and Barriss but a couple of weeks ago that team stopped being effective so I farmed IG-86, IG-88 and Poe and I now run: Poggle lead, IG-86, IG-88, Geo Soldier and Poe and I'm now making top 5 every day. To succeed at this game one must be willing to adapt. The easiest way to stop Poggle is with Phasma, Sid, Dooku and Kylo. With those 4 you can render Poggle pretty much ineffective. Try new team combinations and find ways around these so called OP heroes and if people aren't willing to do that then maybe this game isn't for them.
  • Options
    Poggle is far from op. Basically this is " I have no idea what I'm doing against Poggle Teams so he must be OP". You'd be balling your eyes out facing some of the top teams if your crying Poggle nerf
  • Options

Didnt realize by posting it that I would get a bunch of ppl pouncing on me....

You were surprised by this?
  • Options
    This forum is full of vitriol and cynicism. Sadly 90% of posts turn into "let's bash the OP" with only a small amount of posts actually offering any help.
  • Options
    Poggle is far from op. Basically this is " I have no idea what I'm doing against Poggle Teams so he must be OP". You'd be balling your eyes out facing some of the top teams if your crying Poggle nerf

I was number 4 last week and top 50 for two weeks and the month before that i was top 100.... like I said, wish I could close my own post if all plp going to do is get high handed with me.

Where is the community at here guys?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest problem with people adjusting teams to use new strategies is that most people do not have enough quality toons or resources to properly counter teams they have problems with. While it is true that people who have spent certain amounts of money don't have this issue, F2P and low to mid spenders just do not have the toon verity to do it. The level increase to 70 just made everything worse, especially since the damage/defense/hitpoint balance is so skewed to damage.

I am sure certain toons are more powerful than they should be just as some toons are not nearly as powerful as they should be. But in the current state of the game, it's hard to tell which ones need adjusting and how much.

Honestly, they should just let everyone get their rosters up and see how it goes before making character changes, but with a new group of characters due that will probably break everything in new and exciting ways, I really doubt that will happen.

Krey
  • Options

I was number 4 last week and top 50 for two weeks and the month before that i was top 100.... like I said, wish I could close my own post if all plp going to do is get high handed with me.

To be fair I did offer some help in my post but you're only concentrating on the negative posts here, feeding into the bad community vibe.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, and try not to take things too personally. You just happened to post on a hot button issue that people are very divided and passionate about.

Krey
  • Options

To be fair I did offer some help in my post but you're only concentrating on the negative posts here, feeding into the bad community vibe.

I think you missed it but I was quoting someone who said something negative about how I would be crying my eyes out when I reached the top players.... I was just pointing out that Ive been placing decent for a long time and that his comment was way off tilt. And I did thank the kind posters (including you).

Buy you are right its hard to taste the fruit when you already bit you lip, my bad.

• Options
    "These are not the nerfs you're looking for"
    *cue nerf herder jokes
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Beat it, scruffy
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Trentazoid The biggest problem is that your squad is not good for PVP, regardless of your results. You have way too many healers to be effective in this current environment.

There are chances to stun or flat out murder him or those he would make in to beasts, but your group setup is built to heal through a long fight, which is the opposite of the current meta.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    I think some of the leaders out there limit the choices somewhat. Try finishing off a combo of Phasma (leader) and a high level Dooku. The math seems more an indication than a fact. Raging on Phasma atm - amazing how 14-18% can play out as 30-50% while an 85% force blast seems successful 14-18% of the time. Sometimes you fight a Po Dameron in galactic war who is 10 levels lower yet his debuff hits all 5 of your ppl while you can't land one healing immunity the whole fight. Or Sidious is supposed to have high evade on Jedi yet they tune him up like a pinata while the enemy's Unduli's evade seems 80-100% effective against him. Reversed everything seems to work the way the game says it will - you can't hit an opponents Sidious with a jedi at all.

I suspect they tilt the numbers for PVP to make up for the fact that the AI can't strategize like a person does.
  • Options
    This post made me think about this picture...

14xchsm.jpg
  • Options
    Most Poggle teams I see are full of droids. Stun droids with Jaw/Datcha kill Poggle and press the auto button.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow thanks for the kind words.... what gives, calling me out and all, weak (nurf)... narrow minded? Didn't I ask if anyone had any ideas about how to counter... didn't I mention that i didn't think it was fair to mess with players that had farmed him (thinking of others)

Unless I missed a post from someone I think you're reading too much into our posts. The other guy said your POST is "narrow minded"... Not that you are narrow minded. I used the words short sighted.

I say that threads like this are short sighted because they don't see the overall picture. In the current meta, a lot of Arena matches are decided before you even have a chance to take action. This is frustrating to say the least, but it's not caused by one individual character like Poe, Poggle, etc. Instead it's a result of the underlying issue of the whole game playing too fast for it's own good. When you first witness an FOTP triple crit one of your characters for 15k damage before you can make a move you will realize how broken the current state of the game is. No one likes feeling helpless. That a match is "impossible" as you described it.

That's why I said that nerf threads like these are short sighted is because nerfing someone like Poggle would not resolve the problem, this is an underlying problem with the game as a whole right now.

As far as counters are concerned, the vast majority of top 10 players in most Arena ladders are running a Poe composition because Poe has tier 1 speed and has a non-resistable turn meter reduction for the entire enemy team + expose + 2-turn taunt. This allows your entire team to go before the enemy team, usually killing whichever 2 or 3 characters on the enemy team that you want to.

As far as suggestions, your current Arena lineup could use some work. JC needs to be replaced asap and in my opinion Phasma & Sidious both play similar leadership roles and don't work well together. Can you give me your entire roster of reserves and their star/gearl levels so I can give you some suggestions of replacements?
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Hawk7915
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poggle is mostly fine, I think. He's not the fastest character, meaning a faster DPS (Rey, Leia, Geo Soldier, Sidious) can kill him, or a faster stunner (Dooku, Hoth Scout) can stun him. He's tied with the likes of Old Daka, Eeth Koth, and QGJ, so these characters also have a chance at messing him up. He's absolutely a solid support, especially alongside droids, but he's infinitely answerable.

The issue with the game is really...

- Damage in general is too high, and the defensive stats are generally too low and unreliable. Poggle (really, anyone who can grant offense up to themselves or allies) exacerbates this issue especially on already mega-high deathdealers like Rey, Leia, IG-86, IG-88, Luminara, Geo Soldier, or FOTP. Offense Up translates to +400-500 damage on even a mid-tier hitter like Luminara, but Defense Up only absorbs 50-60 damage per hit. The game badly needs a way to make things less "rocket tag"-y in general, either by chilling damage across the board or making armor and resistance more relevant (perhaps making them percentage based, rather than a flat number).

- Poe Dameron's high speed allows him to taunt and remove turn meter. This ensures that Poggle (or any buffer/support) and his/her buddies can go next, buff up, and slaughter the opposing team before they can even react. Due to the way speed works, Poe has a fair and even chance of going before faster characters, and if he gets the first turn that's likely game over. This could be fixed by slightly slowing Poe down (-1 speed puts him in Poggle's tier and ensures that the fast DPS goes first) or by making his turn meter removal %chance based or removed entirely.

- Few characters have access to reliable buff removal or blocking. The one character with an AoE buff removal is currently bugged and among the slowest characters in the entire game (Ventress) while there is only one, somewhat mediocre, character who can inflict Buff immunity (Anakin), meaning the "hide behind a meatshield with buffs" strategy has no real counter currently beyond using Poe yourself and praying you win the coin flip. Ventress needs to be fixed, and we could use 1-2 more viable characters with access to these skills especially as AoE.
  • Options
    Don't be surprised about the negative comments. People are just tired of all the nerf posts including myself. Some heroes are a lot better than other ones but poggle isn't one of them. You asking here for a nerf only indicates you have no clue how the game is played at level 70. Just level up your heroes, get new ones and read the forum for tips on how to beat certain match ups.
    There was a poggle thread here a few days ago, the OP didnt ask for a nerf he asked for tips on how to beat poggle. He got the tips and nobody got unfriendly there.