Don't rank top 10 if you want to beat GW lol.

Prev1
I am 100% FTP, level 63, with arena power of ~21k. My main squad is Sid/Lumi/JC/Phasma/Poe.

I am consistently in top 20 on my server, and GW has been relatively easy.
Then, I placed 10th two days in a row. Then, GW went on steroid mode lol.

This is what I got last night, I only took screen shots of 2nd and 6th, but since 2nd every battle is gear 8 level mid 60's opponent team, with 68 being highest. Yes I did beat it but it took over 3 hours.
So if you are FTP and largely rely on 15 shards from GW daily to reasonably stay completive, do not place high in area.

egtqpj.jpg
1z1g4s4.png

Replies

• Options
    It's based on your best rank in Arena and your most powerful 5 characters. So once you've placed X you already have that difficulty rating. So there is no point in dropping rank for GW. Have fun with steroid GW runs =)

Yesterday I spent like 2 hours restarting on back to back level 70 teams that made my run a nightmare to finish.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    I'll not connect GW difficulty with arena rank. Most of the time, I'm 1st there and I'm always fully closing the GW. It's definitely related to your tons, lvl, stars, qty, etc.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    That Phasma team im pretty sure I fight at least twice every day in GW. Its pretty annoying but I generally kill it with full health and cooldowns refreshed. Generally I use: Bariss, Daka, Lumni, Poggle, and GS. Sometimes I sub Poggle with i86 or Poe, depending on RNG
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I consistently rank top 5-10 in arena and GW is a cake walk. I font have that great of a team but what i have is all 7* and max gear. My bench is all lvl 60+ and purple gear.
    Depth is the key to beating GE easy. Drop rank and miss those rewards if you like but its not as hard as ppl make it sound, they just want everything to vome easy is all and dont wanna take he needed time to build and earn it and beat it when they are ready.

I swear, its like ppl wanna start out the game at lvl 1 ad be able to beat full gear 7* lvl 70 teams ffs.
  • Options
    Strive for mediocrity be a W1nn3R! :'(
  • Options
    Definitely don't drop ranks for GW. As I already mentioned, your best rank and 5 most powerful characters is what used to calculate difficulty, not your current rank.
    As a developer said here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5

"Dropping ranks no longer helps you. We save your highest rank and we do some "maths" with that and with your 5 most powerful characters to determine where you will stand in GW."

But yes I agree the devs intended for us to have a deep roster in order to finish GW. I think that was explained in an announcement post recently.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    In his defense, he went up a bracket, from 11-20 up to 5-10. So his GW has gotten noticeably more difficult. I recently noticed the same thing going from 21-50 to 11-20. I'm gonna maintain 11-20 for now until I can gauge my new GW completion rate. Not being able to finish the final GW node is like a 33% reduction in rewards (mainly losing out on the last 400 shards), while moving from 11-20 to 5-10 is like a 10% increase.
  • Options
    I too am f2p and I was able to hit rank 6 yesterday for the first time. I am normally low 20s.

I walked right through GW today and didn't loose a single toon. I haven't lost a GW since my 3rd one back is early/mid December. All I have done is leveled all my toons to 6* and kept them at 100 shards. Never promoted to 7*.

I haven't see a single full 7* team opposing me in GW yet. I would venture to say it is more related to the collection of characters rather than arena ranking. But I suppose arena could contribute somehow.
  • Options
    Here's the latest theory. Gw is based on the power of your last arena team that WON.

This seems to be true for me since I recently downgraded my team power but increased my arena rank and made gw easier. A low star poe is that **** good!! Haha
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    I consistently rank top 5-10 in arena and GW is a cake walk. I font have that great of a team but what i have is all 7* and max gear. My bench is all lvl 60+ and purple gear.
    Depth is the key to beating GE easy. Drop rank and miss those rewards if you like but its not as hard as ppl make it sound, they just want everything to vome easy is all and dont wanna take he needed time to build and earn it and beat it when they are ready.

I swear, its like ppl wanna start out the game at lvl 1 ad be able to beat full gear 7* lvl 70 teams ffs.

Obviously I am only talking about F2P.
    If one spends money on this game then of course it is a cake walk.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I too am f2p and I was able to hit rank 6 yesterday for the first time. I am normally low 20s.

I walked right through GW today and didn't loose a single toon. I haven't lost a GW since my 3rd one back is early/mid December. All I have done is leveled all my toons to 6* and kept them at 100 shards. Never promoted to 7*.

I haven't see a single full 7* team opposing me in GW yet. I would venture to say it is more related to the collection of characters rather than arena ranking. But I suppose arena could contribute somehow.

Makes sense and thanks for sharing, but too late for me now LOL.
  • Options
    Easy fix for GW would be to have each fight reset our cooldowns as well. All good to go battle after battle and swapping others in as needed but it would help alot.
  • Options
    Try this. If the gw is based on your most recent arena teams power.

Do your first arena with a lower powered team need to win though but first arena of day should be easiest. Then que up your galactic war. Should be based on last teams lower power...then go back to main team for last 4 arenas.

At very least que up the gw before ya equip any gears or promotions that you would do that day...

• Options
    It just makes no sense at all. The GW should not be tied to anything but level, +- 2 levels or something like that. I mean, I placed 18th today, but my top team is just that, top. I'm level 63, I have 6 toons at that level but 15 all together at around 60, but I still can't beat GW because on round 5 I'm facing teams of level 68 star 7 and gear 8...****? It takes two or three squads to get one guy dead and then send in my A team and still almost don't make it. It seems 50% of this board is people bashing match making, I wish they would say something...anything on the subject. Like yeah..we hear you and are looking at it, anything.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    The title is a load of rubbish.. I usually top 5 in the arena every day, top 3 most of the time... and I clear the GW every day... not spent any money on the game in over six weeks even prior to the lvl cap raise

The GW difficulty is very random... some days you get very easy runs through the 12 nodes, occasionally there will be one or two major stumbling blocks... it's utterly random the difficulty...

From everything I have seen the GW isn't based on anything but your account level... I don't even think it takes into the account your strongest five power ratings like a lot of people claim..

As far as I am concerned it was just coincidence that when you broke the top 10 you hit a hard bunch of GW nodes.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    First of all apologies if my english isn't the best.
    I'd like they would tell us how exactly GW opponents teams are selected.
    After the updated I got 2 really reeeally hard GW, the hardest ever, losing around the 6th nod, after that I won everyday.. until today.
    2 days ago I got to the top 10 for the first time (10th actually lol), yet GW yesterday was pretty easy, and got 20 on arena, but GW today holy ****!
    From the very first nod I was facing teams that looked stronger than mine, I just lost on the 11th nod (was really hard to get there, lost almost my entire B team), but against what a team! All 5 chars lvl 69, 7*, gear8!! While my team consist on all 5 lvl 63, two 7*, one 6* and two 5*, all gear7. That's A LOT of power difference in there, much more than the 10% limit gap I've read!
    The only difference in my team from yesterday is that I star up one of my chars (from 4 to 5*) and lvl them up from 62 to 63, which meant an increase on power around 300. I don't think that's such great increase to justify today GW.
    So no sure how they are selecting my opponents, but to go from such effortless GWs to the one today.. Well, something tells me they aren't doing things fine. I'd rather have challenging GWs everyday, yet achievable, than effortless one day and impossible the after.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    call me paranoid, but unless i saw it here on from an ea/cg official on these official forums, i can't take it for truth
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    The title is a load of rubbish.. I usually top 5 in the arena every day, top 3 most of the time... and I clear the GW every day... not spent any money on the game in over six weeks even prior to the lvl cap raise

The GW difficulty is very random... some days you get very easy runs through the 12 nodes, occasionally there will be one or two major stumbling blocks... it's utterly random the difficulty...

From everything I have seen the GW isn't based on anything but your account level... I don't even think it takes into the account your strongest five power ratings like a lot of people claim..

As far as I am concerned it was just coincidence that when you broke the top 10 you hit a hard bunch of GW nodes.

EA itself has already made statement that it is not random. It is determined by your record high arena ranking and your best squad power.
    There is no way GW difficulty is random, and it shall not be.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

EA itself has already made statement that it is not random. It is determined by your record high arena ranking and your best squad power.
    There is no way GW difficulty is random, and it shall not be.

EA can say what they like... fact remains my observations seems to indicate otherwise to what they claim... I wouldn't question them if they said it was based on your account level.. but on your arena power level, that I doubt primarily like I said because of my own observations in the GW and Arena..

I should elaborate on what I mean by random... it's not random in the sense it is based on your account level...

BUt the teams you get faced with their difficulty is random because of the composition.. If the team has good synergy it can utterly decimate your team... hence a hard node.. occasionally you will see a node with probably the same approximate power rating... but because of teh lack of synergy between those characters, it becomes a heck of a lot easier...

There is no randomness in the sense that the over GW is based off your account level...

However because not all teams are equal even with the same power rating, the difficulty of each team is random!

I can easily go through a day encountering a whole bunch of poorly put together teams but then another day get hit with several teams that have great synergy between the members of that team... That's what I mean by random...

The level range will still be the same as usual.. starting at -10 lvl in the first few nodes, then similar level and the last few nodes may sometimes contain teams higher level than mine. That has always remained the same...

The team composition varies greatly and hence the randomness of the difficulty.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    honestly i dont see much difference i was finishing top 50 2 weeks ago and ive fniished top 10 (usually 1-3) for the past 2 weeks and if anything GW is easier now im seeing less 7 star wallet warrior teams than before

so i dont believe arena has anything to do with it

i finished my 50th yesterday and my last 20 have been super easy

i dont buy crom packs i run FTP heroes apart from a few hero packs at the very start
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have been #2 (and got #1 but lost right before 6pm). I'm lvl 67, my GW are a piece of cake.

Pretty sure arena's rank influence is minimal compared to your server's age, the number of 7* guys in your main 5, and the timezone you play.
  • Options
    Been #1 more consecutive days than I can count. Some days GW is really difficult, some days, like today, it's a breeze.
  • Options

The level range will still be the same as usual.. starting at -10 lvl in the first few nodes, then similar level and the last few nodes may sometimes contain teams higher level than mine. That has always remained the same...

The team composition varies greatly and hence the randomness of the difficulty.

I understand what you are saying, some L66 7* gear8 teams are easier to beat than the others because its lacking good synergy.
    But my point is, for 3 straight days, I am encountering full 7* gear7-8 teams from the 2nd node until last node. Before that, it was as you described, started with mid 50's non purple teams, and then ran into 7* purple gear teams around 8th node, 8-11 is hard then last node became easy again. So that's an obvious change to me.
  • Options
    After i hit rank 4 my gw has become far more difficult. Multiple level 70 whale teams.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Totally false assumption. I rank #1 daily since over a month and half and still get matched vs scrubs mostly.

Im not f2p, but Im far from being a whale. Ive been playing for almost 2 months. Ive bought few bundles (Dooku, Barriss, Mace) and ~10k crystals in packs. I only spend my crystals for recharges, never on chromium.
    I have only 9 heroes at max lvl - basicaly 2 teams, one for arena and one for GW (Lumi is in both thus only 9 heroes). I blaze through GW daily without resets/substitutions/team changes.

In my opinion most players do the common mistake - they spread thin building a lot of heroes instead of focusing on few. It is not true that one needs seweral teams to beat GW. One proper team is enough if one plays smart. There has been a lot of guides how to beat GW. It is really easy. Arena rank has nothing in common with GW matchups.
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    Totally false assumption. I rank #1 daily since over a month and half and still get matched vs scrubs mostly.

Can you define "scrubs"?

They are scrubs just because you defeat them easily?
    Or are they scrubs because they are 5* non-purple gear teams?

• Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

Can you define "scrubs"?

They are scrubs just because you defeat them easily?
    Or are they scrubs because they are 5* non-purple gear teams?

I hardly ever get matched vs top p2p decks (filled with chromium 7* cards). Usually my opponents use the same cards as I (farmable ones) and they are lvl 65-70, always purple gear.
    I call them scrubs coz I easily beat them. I think the reason is that all my heroes have maxed skills and gear while theirs are probably not. Plus the AI is reather stupid.
    My GW team consists of:
    Barris 4*, lvl 70, gear VIII & 4/6
    Lumi 7*, 70, VIII & 4/6
    JC 7*, 70, VIII & 5/6
    Daka 6*, 70, VIII & 5/6
    Dooku 6*, 70, VIII & 4/6
  • Options
    I hardly ever get matched vs top p2p decks (filled with chromium 7* cards). Usually my opponents use the same cards as I (farmable ones) and they are lvl 65-70, always purple gear.
    I call them scrubs coz I easily beat them. I think the reason is that all my heroes have maxed skills and gear while theirs are probably not. Plus the AI is reather stupid.
    My GW team consists of:
    Barris 4*, lvl 70, gear VIII & 4/6
    Lumi 7*, 70, VIII & 4/6
    JC 7*, 70, VIII & 5/6
    Daka 6*, 70, VIII & 5/6
    Dooku 6*, 70, VIII & 4/6

Facing hard teams in GW and beating them easily, are two entirely different thing.

Those "scrubs" you encounter, can easily be impossible to beat for F2P players. You beat it easily because you are P2P (although not whale) at max level and gears.

Therefore my point is valid. You can only call it invalid, if you rank high in arena but encounters 5 star same level team without purple gear.