Anyone got an interesting team going?

Replies

• Options
    I am not one to talk about my own team's uniqueness, cause it's not, but I am curious if there are any teams getting top 50 success with something a bit unorthodox. FTP would be most interesting but anything other than
    Droids
    Phasma
    Poe...

You get the idea...

jawa, datchka, tuskin raider, Luke, JC. Tattoine team. If i had Obi it would be Obi not Jc
  • Options
    I run a Turn Meter team that murders most teams that out power me by 3000+. It's Phasma leading 7 star with STHan at 6 stars, Old Ben at 4, Dooku at 5 and Talia at 6 stars. It's funny, but the 4 star Old Ben is the real Tank of the team. Phasma, Han, and Old Ben all have serious Turn Meter manipulation and with Dooku generating massive bonus strikes, it's always a furious attacking. Talia has attack power and healing. I sometimes throw my six star Osaka in there, because she has turn meter advantages as well, and is actually a better attacker, but she can't heal as well, and is vulneralbe to wipe-outs. I have other squads...full of five, six, and seven starred Jedi's & healers, and Siddius, but my Turn Meter team is a lot more fun. I'm farming Ackbar right now as well. That will be a seriously dangerous team after it's all starred up.

People don't seem to appreciate turn meter on this game much. The theory is; if your opponent never gets a chance to attack you, you can't loose. It's proving more fact than theory :)

7* Phasma
    6* ST Han
    4* Old Ben
    6* Talia
    5* Dooku
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    I run an all Jedi, Ima Gun lead team. All max gear. Except Ima Gun, who hits gear 9 at lvl 70, and I'm 67, almost 68.

7* Lumi
    7* Mace Windu (Yeah, you read right)
    6* Jedi Con
    6* Ahsoka Tano
    4* Ima Gun (6 shards from 5*)

Does well enough in arena. I rank between #50 and #25 everyday, which I am content with. I like a good challenge (Sid and Dooku are everywhere, and did you read the part about Mace and Ahsoka?) and its enjoyable to not have mirror matches.

Once my QGJ hits 5* in a few days, I will switch him in for JC. Two healers is kind of a liability on def (as if Windu and Ahsoka aren't, right? Ha) and QGJ is really good. Anyways I'm also sure some people enjoy fighting my team. Win or lose, its better than fighting Poe-Po or 'Sidooku' teams all day long.

I saw an Ima Gundi led team today proc 4 counters off an AOE, looked awesome
    Roger roger
  • Options

Holy crap, that's awesome. I've been secretly wanting to farm him up and I might eventually, please tell me he's alright at that level.

As for my 2 cents, I run:

7* Ackbar (gear 8)
    7* Leia (gear 8)
    7* Luke (gear 7)
    7* Biggs (gear 7)
    6* Han (gear 7)

'Tis a fun team, quite good on offense. At least, it was until everyone started playing Poe which made it a bit harder. Poe+midrange is fine though, Poe+3 DPS, or Poe+Poggle is hell. I'm considering adding Poe myself, or going a bit more staple with Qui-Gon, but I've been digging this team a lot. Maybe I'll put Luke in lead to help repelling Expose. I really want to add Hoth Rebel Scout in place of someone (probably Biggs or Han) too, but I'm finishing my Fives first. Here's hoping they add more rebels in the next patch.

There's just something about running Luke, Leia and Han together. I'm sad that Chewie sucks balls, otherwise I'd rock the hell out of that.
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Endor team Idea:
    Teebo
    Ewok Scout
    Ewok Elder
    Han
    Leia.

Everybody stealth, but han. Elder revive han. Teebo steal turnmeter. Leía melt faces
  • Options
    Haven't used it much but seems quite good:
    Phasma (Lead)
    Dooku
    QGJ
    GS
    Kylo
    Lots of bonus attacks and counters makes it so fun to use :smiley:
  • Options
    A unique team with all offerer coloured lightsabers :)

Eg
    Limi
    Windu
    ben
    Sid/kylo/maulwhoever u want for the dark side
    Aaaaaand
    Jedi guardian (or whatever her name is)
    Multicoloured for the win!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Oootini wrote: »

Eg
    Limi
    Windu
    ben
    Aaaaaand

How could you leave Ahsoka off this one? :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Not completely original, but a few pieces are. I ran this team for a bit just for fun. the defense couldn't hold up. Shot up the ranks pretty quick on offense tho.

QGJ
    Leia
    Rey
    FOTP
    Luke

• Options
    Why no love in these builds for Resistance Pilot? I have him at 5* gear 8 in my Po-Po build and he hits like a truck and gains turn meter for even more frequent attacks (decent health too)...
  • Options
    I faced a team like that
    Sid(L) Poe Poggle Dathcha Jawa
    It rekt all those glass canons hiding behind Poe i guess
    Was original at least and well placed
  • Options
    My nerdy Lobot destroys the masses splashing Sid/Phasma/Vader voodoo... Don't discriminate against Geeky lookin Rebels Bros hahahahaha... Although if I hadn't gotten him early and quickly to a 4star/Purple8, I dunno if I would've given him a second glance myself.... But Lobot kicks **** and completely turns a battle around with Debuff+Heal... Akbar has to be better, so I'm chasing him now... But until then I will keep walking thru GWs and top 200 Arena with a Lumi/Consular/Vader/Geo/Lobot starting 5
    "May the Force be with Me" ~~~~ Sun ZoeZoe the Bug
  • Options
    I use:
    Phasma 7*
    Ig88 7*
    Poe 7*
    Kylo 6* soon 7*
    Jc 6*

Gonna switch Jc for sid.

Im top 4 on my server.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Working on an all Resistance Team, maybe minus Finn (GS is just too good to have). Hopefully it doesn't blow.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Eg
    Limi
    Windu
    ben
    Aaaaaand

I'm so sorry snips how could I forget you:(
    Would love to see a dual blade blue lightsaber though
  • BrobiWanKenobi
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How funny are all these people posting Sidious/Phasma/Luminara squads.
    I'm building toward this (a long way to go clearly). Hopefully it qualifies as interesting!

2mxh384.png
  • Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    Why no love in these builds for Resistance Pilot? I have him at 5* gear 8 in my Po-Po build and he hits like a truck and gains turn meter for even more frequent attacks (decent health too)...

I just started farming for him as part of a quasi-Resistance build (Finn, Poe, Res Pilot, Poggle, IG86). He's going to hit as hard as my 7* droids - not sure why he's so often overlooked!
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EwokRampage has some good and interesting team guides:
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/stealth-can-viable-arena/
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-suicide-squad-the-team-of-misfits/

I am actually going to try out the stealth team listed above when I max Leia's star level, it's kind of RNG based but I think it would be funny to see Leia single handedly destroy an entire team.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    I run team **** :)
    Teebo L
    Nute
    Greedo
    JC
    Chew

They ugly but fun
    working on my Misfit Meter Maids team Teebo han scout/res pilot, pogg ack/elder
  • Options
    @Ogion_the_Silent I love the rebel team you got going on there. Rebels were a 2nd place for team ideas, but then luck tossed me my Ima Gun Di from a chromium, so my path was set :smile:

I really like the Jedi counter teams, so its definitely fun to use. And good in arena. Gonna replace my Ahsoka with a Ben Kenobi I got today, and QGJ will take JCs spot soon.

As for Mace, @Ogion_the_Silent , I'm not sure I'd recommend him. I've posted extensively in the 'Buff Mace Windu' discussion. I like him. His kit has a good concept, but he falls real short. No taunt, but high HP. Useless unique without a taunt as well. His leader is good, and it gets better after lvl 70 (+5% heal on crit is added to 20% off and 9% crit). His basic is okay. Doesn't do much without def up.

I run Ima, so he always has def up. I've been testing QGJ as well in my team, and his off up makes Mace hit even harder. Add both buffs (off and Def up) and use QGJ assist and it call Mace(random) to add another 75% dmg. I've seen some big numbers from Mace, but its very situational.
  • Options

Holy crap, that's awesome. I've been secretly wanting to farm him up and I might eventually, please tell me he's alright at that level.

As for my 2 cents, I run:

7* Ackbar (gear 8)
    7* Leia (gear 8)
    7* Luke (gear 7)
    7* Biggs (gear 7)
    6* Han (gear 7)

I run the rebel scout over Biggs. He does way more damage, his speed even without Ackbar and Han's turn meter gain, he is a beast. Has a stun also. He was so easy to purple gear too.
  • Options
    I run:

Sid. Lumi (i know :) )
    NS acolyte
    NS initiate
    Asajj

For both arena and GW - just pres Lumi heal on first/second turn and watch enemy runing out of characters when trying to get through 30 k hp of initiate :). If there is Phasma then even more, as enemy Phasma turns Asajj into better healer than Barriss.

Now trying to make:
    Ani, Plo Koon, ewok elder, Daaka, Asajj.
    Yay at 13 Ani shards in over a week :( .
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Eg
    Limi
    Windu
    ben
    Aaaaaand

I'm so sorry snips how could I forget you:(
    Would love to see a dual blade blue lightsaber though

Or a Rebels silver blade
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Once I get Rey to 5 or 6* im going to attempt

Luke (leader), Rey, Poe, QGJ and Lumi for a resistance build
  • Options
    What do I win?
    D3pd8q1h.jpg

Highest rank:51

Currently using Ahsoka, Luminara, Asajj, Talia, Daka.

About to swap Ahsoka and Lumi for Acolyte and Initiate. I've transitioned everywhere except PVP so far.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    First post here as I spend most of my time at the Reddit forum, but I just want to add something that I have noticed in this game. There is always a meta and there always will be, but I have been leveling up some not so popular characters and having great success!

I'm usually in the top 50 in my shard, but I don't focus too much on any one area of the game, more interested in building some fun teams! I am mostly F2P, but have spent about $60 (Canadian which equals about 12 cents USD).

My current squad is:

HK-47 - 7* Level 8 Gear
    IG-86 - 7* Level 8 Gear
    Fives - 7* Level 8 Gear
    IG-100 -5* Level 8 Gear
    Clone Sergeant - 5* Level 8 Gear

Everything I have read has written off IG-100 and CS completely, mostly because CS only has 2 hard nodes and IG-100 seems like a weak HK or 88. I beg to differ on the IG100. Yes he slow, but he hits very hard (Esp with HK Lead) and has much more health than 88. The only way to survive the speed meta is with high HP.

I have a few different synergies on my team that work quite well together.

Turn Meter Manipulation:

HK and all droids gain turn meter on crits
    IG100 and CS remove enemy turn meter (Very useful when used correctly)
    Fives - Slows enemies on basic attack (including counter)

Ally Assist
    IG-86 and Fives both have an ally assist which is often good enough to take out squishier opponents in one shot. (Also note that IG hits harder with droid assist and Fives and CS hit harder if CS assists)

Class Synergies
    No need to mention the obvious droid synergies
    CS gains crit chance with Fives ( not a lot, but every little bit helps)

• Options
    So... I do have a more interesting team building up than my previous post, and I now recorded them in action to share. Still very (very!) early but they can at least survive for one GW battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFo-sNie80

Did some upgrades already since the video. May replace soon Tarkin with Veers (I'll farm him soon when I can). Also, Stormtrooper can be leveled up much more than I have now (F2P). The issue is that the farming is dead slow for Royal Guard and Veers, but I hope to get them to an acceptable level soon. The only guy who really saves the day is Vader, as he is 4* and fully geared/leveled up, and add's up with leader hability.

Either way, the sinergies play a nice role here, for all toons involved. Even now that they are weak individually, togheter the ally bonuses pays off. And I now can play some super fun dark side missions against rebels LOL
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    @idunno09
    Good to see another IG100er. Nice set-up you have.
    I've often thought of which driod to drop if I was to plonk another toon in my squad, and I have to agree with you about 88.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Theory crafting because I do not have access to kit fisto but I do have Plo, fives and I am farming Anakin. Of the counter Poe teams that I've read about the one that seems the most viable is the high health/offense up/aoe team. Has anyone tried a kit fisto (potency aoe), plo koon (dispel, offense down and aoe/defense up, fives buff/dispel?), fives (slow and counters), with perhaps anakin (aoe/chance at offense up), barris (health/one heal) or mace (dispell/team damage/plo d up) led team?

I don't have the resource to pull this off but this is one of the team I am working on atm. Obviously Kit is key to grant Plo potency and he is chromium only. And yes I know mostly Jedi but against Poe that does not matter much. I hesitate to write about this but if someone has the champion pool please let me know how it goes. Thanks
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • Options
    I run a droid team in arena. However, a setup I'm running most of the time in Galactic War is unorthodox and I love it:
    - 6* Phasma
    - 6* Poggle
    - 4* FO Storm Trooper (not tie pilot in case you read that wrong)
    - 4* Fives
    - 6* Luminara

It's weird pairing Poggle with my tank team but it's working great. I've taken out many all 7* purple teams with this line up even though my FOST and Fives are only 4*. Phasma, FOST and Fives blasts slow the entire time and really slows down the fight. FOST and Fives also counter most of the time (with slow).

Many times in GW I've been stuck with my glass cannons but I bring in this tank team and they crush it. Lumi works well too because her 2nd & 3rd round heals heals for 20% of my tanks HP which is a lot. I'm working on getting Fives and FOST higher in stars before I start using this team in arena. I think this team could actually be a viable counter to the Poe teams....FOST is just sooooo slow to level.