What's the hype about Sidius?

Seriously, the more I use this character, the less I like him. His auto attack damage is moderate at best, his healing debuff gets resisted ALL THE TIME, is AOE does lack luster damage. His only great ability is his leader skill. These are just my opinions. What are yours?

Replies

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    He is farmable through arena, he makes it easier to focus down enemies one at a time while they dont get healed. What is the level/gear difference between those that you are attacking and sid? May make them easier to resist healing debuff.

He has one of the best leader abilities for a character that can be farmed increasing crit chance and crit damage for the entire team, to help kill opponents quickly.

What characters would you say were better? (That are farmable of course)
  • Options
    His healing immunity debuff works best on people lower lvl than him, if you're attacking things higher level than him then it does get resisted a lot.. But against things lower level than him it sticks quite often.

His AOE doesn't do a lot of damage on the initial hit but it's the dot that it sticks that hurts the opponents team if they can't debuff it... NOw here another character comes to play... Sidious has some synergy with Vader... As one of Vadar's powers is very dependant on debuffs (does more damage the more debuffs there are on the oppoent) (Culling blade), it'll do more damage and actually give him a 100% turn meter if he kills someone with it. It's quite possible for the two to completely clean a team if a lot of debuffs are on the opponents.

So Sidious and Vader together makes a very dangerous team as they well should be...
    Excellent game design if you ask me... but no doubt people will start complaining about it when they start to face them.. But it will make characters like Admiral Ackbar important in combating them, he can remove all debuffs..

But back with Sidious... his sadistic glee also makes him a bit of a nightmare... anything that dies heals him and has a chance to give him his attack meter making him attack sooner...

He's not as unrated as you make him sound imho

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Let's nerf him!
    :)
  • Options
    KidKafka wrote: »
    Let's nerf him!

You'll be saying that when you run into obi-wan... just you wait!

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    His healing debuff makes him a staple for single target teams to lock people down outside of a heal from Barriss. This makes him good even if his other stats get nerfed. He also has good regen with his passive which can be the difference between just losing or winning with a sliver of hp when your healer is locked down or dead. He is perfect for opening up on Dooku and has good synergy with characters that get buffed from debuffed enemies such as IG-88 and Vader. Being farmable in arena shipments means he'll be one of the first to get 7*'d too.
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    He is farmable through arena, he makes it easier to focus down enemies one at a time while they dont get healed. What is the level/gear difference between those that you are attacking and sid? May make them easier to resist healing debuff.

He has one of the best leader abilities for a character that can be farmed increasing crit chance and crit damage for the entire team, to help kill opponents quickly.

What characters would you say were better? (That are farmable of course)

This!
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    His healing immunity debuff works best on people lower lvl than him, if you're attacking things higher level than him then it does get resisted a lot.. But against things lower level than him it sticks quite often.

His AOE doesn't do a lot of damage on the initial hit but it's the dot that it sticks that hurts the opponents team if they can't debuff it... NOw here another character comes to play... Sidious has some synergy with Vader... As one of Vadar's powers is very dependant on debuffs (does more damage the more debuffs there are on the oppoent) (Culling blade), it'll do more damage and actually give him a 100% turn meter if he kills someone with it. It's quite possible for the two to completely clean a team if a lot of debuffs are on the opponents.

So Sidious and Vader together makes a very dangerous team as they well should be...
    Excellent game design if you ask me... but no doubt people will start complaining about it when they start to face them.. But it will make characters like Admiral Ackbar important in combating them, he can remove all debuffs..

But back with Sidious... his sadistic glee also makes him a bit of a nightmare... anything that dies heals him and has a chance to give him his attack meter making him attack sooner...

He's not as unrated as you make him sound imho

Ding ding ding! Bingo. Its obvious Vader was designed to synergize with Sid. I dropped consular in my arena group for vader. And Im not going to give the exact number but Vaders culling blade hit so hard a very well known popular character was one shot. Hardest and hughest I have ever hit in the game thus far.
  • Options

WhipiT wrote: »

Ding ding ding! Bingo. Its obvious Vader was designed to synergize with Sid. I dropped consular in my arena group for vader. And Im not going to give the exact number but Vaders culling blade hit so hard a very well known popular character was one shot. Hardest and hughest I have ever hit in the game thus far.

Hi whipit, how much time do you need to unlock Vader? I'm at lev 45 and i ve only43 fragments..
  • Options
    I'm a big jawa fan, and having a dot on everything from sidious makes jawa hit really really hard, given that he has higher critical and critical damage on top of 25% damage bonus on things with a debuff
  • Options
    Sidious is easily farmable and one of the better 4* characters for all the reasons mentioned above. I personally found he's helped my team immensely...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    ilyanor wrote: »

Hi whipit, how much time do you need to unlock Vader? I'm at lev 45 and i ve only43 fragments..

It's not about time, it's kinda about luck and/or money you put into the game... If you're very lucky with character unlocks it doesn't take long... The fastest way is dumping money into game unlocking characters and then promoting their star rank... As there are a lot of unlock x number of light/dark characters tiered achievements...

• Options
    His crit/crit dmg leader ability is amazing since it works with everyone. The obvious Vader combo is devistating, but pair him with Maul as well... And it's just crazy how much dmg you can throw out. If Maul finish's off an enemy and gets the dmg buff, while paired with Sid his aoe can crit for upwards of 4K to an entire group.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is awesome vs healer teams and on crit teams. Always nice to be able to kill a hero on my first 2 attacks with a crit or 2. Really allows luke to shine and some other crit based heros. Sadistic glee is also very useful and the aoe dot has its uses.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »

As said it was more from unlocking characters is how I got Vader. The rest were in game achievements. He's extremely slow but has Barriss type HP. His main ability doesnt do much damage nor does his special AOE. But whatever character that has 4 to 5 dots and meets his culling blade special it's GG on a crit. Now how long he stays viable with no forseeable way to grant him more stars only time will tell.
  • Options
    @Skye ...I just faced a team of barriss, old ben, vader, sidious, and dooku. The horror
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    @Skye ...I just faced a team of barriss, old ben, vader, sidious, and dooku. The horror

Lol... debuff galore eh? Time to start farming for Admiral Akbar "it's a trap!"

• Options
    TavenRendar, if face the same but Maul istead of Doku. Entire team got -3100 to -1800 just from him, and had anyone died I would have been game over. Of course they weren't counting on 3 healers plus Sid and HK-47 that blocked ability for three of them near the beginning (after heal immunity on Maul). Heal immunity ... one by one they capitulated, starting with that hatabke Maul. Hardest team to beat ever. I literaly have all heavy healers, well stared and geared up. That team was an ultimate and I almost had entire team dead like 5 times. They will decimate you team in one turn and wipe you out in the second most often.
  • Options
    Game play wise Sidious is kinda of an "ok" hero, but Im still gonna 7* him because Im a huge fan of this cool character in The Clone Wars
  • Options
    TavenRendar, if face the same but Maul istead of Doku. Entire team got -3100 to -1800 just from him, and had anyone died I would have been game over. Of course they weren't counting on 3 healers plus Sid and HK-47 that blocked ability for three of them near the beginning (after heal immunity on Maul). Heal immunity ... one by one they capitulated, starting with that hatabke Maul. Hardest team to beat ever. I literaly have all heavy healers, well stared and geared up. That team was an ultimate and I almost had entire team dead like 5 times. They will decimate you team in one turn and wipe you out in the second most often.

I'm sorry, what?
  • Stekcir_Leinad
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sidious becoming more and more useless for me since the dodge and resist buff people seem to have gotten recently. In my whole galactic war up to fight 11 (impossible for me today) and 4 arena battles today, his heal debuff hasn't stuck once. Not a single time. To top it off Dooku hasn't stunned a single Jedi healer yet, and Luminara hasn't ability blocked anyone with an 85% chance or whatever it is, as everything g is evaded or resisted. Tactics mean sweet FA atm.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    KidKafka wrote: »
    Let's nerf him!

You'll be saying that when you run into obi-wan... just you wait!

Not going to lie I want old Ben more than anyone. He's my favorite character in the whole movie series and he's. Great tank with an amazing debuff.

Too bad in clone wars he sucks as a fighter. Kills earth maul arguably one do the strongest sith and then can't manage to kill dooku
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sidious becoming more and more useless for me since the dodge and resist buff people seem to have gotten recently. In my whole galactic war up to fight 11 (impossible for me today) and 4 arena battles today, his heal debuff hasn't stuck once. Not a single time. To top it off Dooku hasn't stunned a single Jedi healer yet, and Luminara hasn't ability blocked anyone with an 85% chance or whatever it is, as everything g is evaded or resisted. Tactics mean sweet FA atm.

You're probably dancing people that are much higher level than you. Everytime I'm in GW I have everything stick. I would recommend spending your crystals on energy regen. Just 50 a day can make you level up twice a day instead of .75-1 level a day. I also nerd out on this game so yeah. And I do this all for free. The way I see it is that packs give you random stuff you don't need 90% of the time and most of the time it's champs that you cannot progress either way so they fall off. So I dotn buy them
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rutank wrote: »

You're probably dancing people that are much higher level than you. Everytime I'm in GW I have everything stick. I would recommend spending your crystals on energy regen. Just 50 a day can make you level up twice a day instead of .75-1 level a day. I also nerd out on this game so yeah. And I do this all for free. The way I see it is that packs give you random stuff you don't need 90% of the time and most of the time it's champs that you cannot progress either way so they fall off. So I dotn buy them
    You must be very new to GW if you're still leveling twice a day, and off 50 crystals no less. That will end very soon.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Just 49 to 50 takes two days minimum even refreshing twice @ 50. Then there is the newer, better characters you farm in the meantime then have to figure a way to level....I haven't even gone through level 5 for dark or light yet and I'm close to 50. Thats gonna change now that I have to start farming purple parts though.
  • Options
    I'm 47 and farming the purple mats early. I've got 2 pieces at 20/20 and a lot that are close thanks to shipments. :)