Things about nihilus

xReDeMpx
1690 posts Member
edited February 2017
Just wanted to make a thread about a few things people may be wondering and what I've noticed about him so far.

- while nihilus is leader even palps let the hate flow will act as normal (special)

- sith trooper still gains protection from his special crimson barrage while nihilus is leader

- sith trooper modded for offense while under nihilus lead if skill is active with retribution when nihilus is zeta he will out heal 1v5 even against wigs

- It's best to use nihilus force drain 1st turn no matter what due to the fact enemies don't need to debuffed to have cool downs increased and if your basic is omega you will have another force drain back before anahilate is ready to go.

- Nihilus lead isn't so bad

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like a huge investment for "isn't so bad". That's at least 2 farms and some funky new mods needed for not so bad. Plus as Nihilus(and Rex) grows in popularity people will level DT and he will be a hard counter. Nihilus is pretty fun and is a good vs some squads. I just wouldn't want to go all in on him at this time. I've yet to see a simple comp that he makes dramatically better. Most videos I see with him are like "hey look zaul is still OP with Nihilus". There is another video on here trying to prove his power by how he destroys another squad but the other squad also had Nihilus lol. I don't think people have figured him out yet but even when they do I don't think he will be much more than an overpriced support toon.
  • d4rldarl
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You all may scream newb or wouldn't work on my shard...

zQGJ zYoda GK zKylo zNihilus seems awesome.

I run qgj at 295 speed. Yoda 294. Kills pretaunts and deals with b2 reasonably well (he is my weak point).

I outspeed everyone on my shard, so that makes things easier... just telling my story... and yes I realize I mention I have 4 zeta characters with GK on a team and this may not work for most.

• Options
    I'm not sure how this post didn't get more attention.
  • Options
    The Sith Trooper gaining protection is clearly a bug. That will be changed...at some point. The rest is...intriguing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The Sith Trooper gaining protection is clearly a bug. That will be changed...at some point. The rest is...intriguing.

I'm not so sure this is a bug.

Nihilus lead says Sith lose all protection and it is converted into health.

It doesn't say they can't gain then gain protection from abilities that grant it.

And even if that's what was meant, the same logic would means that they should gain it and then it should be simultaneously converted into health.
  • Options
    I will keep updating this as I find more things
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nihilus was great in the Places of Power event. Other than that, it seems his use in other modes of play will be just for his leader ability and his cooldown increase, which is really just the same as mass AB, except it can't be cleared. As has been discussed to death on here, he can't really use annihilate until it doesn't matter. His cooldowns resetting in GW and only being able to reduce it by one per enemy really Force drains the fun out of it.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Nihilus was great in the Places of Power event. Other than that, it seems his use in other modes of play will be just for his leader ability and his cooldown increase, which is really just the same as mass AB, except it can't be cleared. As has been discussed to death on here, he can't really use annihilate until it doesn't matter. His cooldowns resetting in GW and only being able to reduce it by one per enemy really Force drains the fun out of it.

Don't forget Force Drain goes through Tenacity Up as well and his dispel on basic is awesome too. If he gets to use his annihilate than that's just a plus.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    Eightys wrote: »

Don't forget Force Drain goes through Tenacity Up as well and his dispel on basic is awesome too. If he gets to use his annihilate than that's just a plus.

Yes, agreed. But he is also slow. So maybe usefull on the right squad, but maybe not worth going overboard on resources.
  • Options
    Eightys wrote: »

Yes, agreed. But he is also slow. So maybe usefull on the right squad, but maybe not worth going overboard on resources.

He's not terribly slow. I currently have mine at 215
  • Options
    Yeah he's not like Mace or old Ben slow .. he's okay in that respect with decent mods. His basic + drain force is really handy (more than I expected)
  • Options

I liked that the event was hard at 1st but then i put my newly aquired under geared nihilus as lead at it became soooo easy bc lifesteal was so much bigger than their dmg it was laughable ;)
  • Options
    I'm really disappointed with nihilus...was expecting much more with all the hype.
    I have him lvl 85 g11 with all omegas and while he's alright...just not the game changer I was hoping for
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I am curious how he can gain protection up if his Max protection goes to zero at start with Nihilus lead. To me 5% of 0 is still 0.

@CG_Conduit23 @CG_Kozispoon any insight on this?
  • Options
    Protection Up buffs scale on Max Health.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Protection Up buffs scale on Max Health.

Thanks! That makes it even better under Nihilus lead!