To Nute or Nute to Gunray

Prev1
Vegeta
379 posts Member
edited March 2017
Following rumbles of Nute Gunray becoming a fleet commander. My Nute Gunray is currently at 5* gear 5. Is it worth farming him for ships? I am guessing they will be having a rework cos are pretty pants atm.
Post edited by Vegeta on

Replies

• Options
    If you have an awful lot of spare resources yes, do it. But no one confirmed him being a fleet commander, and you would just be guessing.

I recommend not to spend on him until we have official word about it. It could be a huge waste of resources
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Cute title I appreciate it lol. Nute is rumored to be a fleet commander fairly soon and I saw a complete ability list somewhere, he's strong if it says the same. If you have no other greater priority in arena shop go ahead and grab him now and then
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Options
    We don't know yet when nute gunray fleet will be available and we still don't know if it will be a good commander. So it's purely a random choice, it may be good, it mat be bad. It's base on if you choose to upgrade nute gunray, which toon you will not upgrade because of this. If you still have good toon that you should upgrade in pvp shipment, then it may be better to upgrade a sure good toon than a possible good toon in a unknown future...
  • Options
    I 7* him, but I won't level or gear him until there is any use for him. That's my way of hedging the bet.
  • Options
    Nute definitely needs a gunray. One of the most lacking characters in the game
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    First off. Fantastic thread title :)

Second, I agree with MasterRising. 7* him but hold off on gear until he has been released if at all, and we can see if he is any good or not.

I expect that it will be Nute or GG for the next fleet commander, as we have already have ANH / ROTJ commander from both DS and LS in Admiral Akbar and GMT, but we still don't have a Clone wars / Separatist commander to go with Mace.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Cute title I appreciate it lol. Nute is rumored to be a fleet commander fairly soon and I saw a complete ability list somewhere, he's strong if it says the same. If you have no other greater priority in arena shop go ahead and grab him now and then

Thank you. I did put some thought into it. Exactly my friend, it was announced by them about being a possible fleet commander. I am farming a couple in squad arena still and working on 4 different teams so gear is scarce. My akbar ship is pretty solid.
  • Options
    Title should be "To Gunray or Nute to Gunray." Works better that way IMO.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Gamezealot wrote: »
    First off. Fantastic thread title :)

Second, I agree with MasterRising. 7* him but hold off on gear until he has been released if at all, and we can see if he is any good or not.

I expect that it will be Nute or GG for the next fleet commander, as we have already have ANH / ROTJ commander from both DS and LS in Admiral Akbar and GMT, but we still don't have a Clone wars / Separatist commander to go with Mace.

Thank you kindly, you got the Shakespeare reference :-p i think uz are both right. Most will do for now is 7* him. If his ship turns out to have an amazing then i will put some gear into him. My separatists ships are nearly 6* so tht will good.

Good insight Gamezealot, and knowledge :-) i heard rumbles of GG and the soulless one. I guess we will just have to wait and see n get him to 7* most for now. Could be a while yet before he is released too or get a definitr date so some time to get gear on him. Thanks everyone.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options

Its Shakespeare- to not or not to be. Replaced the nots with Nute everyone else got it. Thank you for ur input to this thread it has really helped
  • Options
    Nute being a fleet commander was scrapped late in the development of ships. The reason being most seperatist ships are in fact droids and wouldn't have pilots, removing the incentive to spend money and gear up pilots, thus the lack of dark side ships. I highly doubt we will ever see nute as a commander.
  • Options
    Isn't the actual quote from Hamlet, "To be, or not to be, that is the question" So only one "not" to be replaced. Everyone else got it because it was close enough.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Traybor wrote: »
    Isn't the actual quote from Hamlet, "To be, or not to be, that is the question" So only one "not" to be replaced. Everyone else got it because it was close enough.

This guy...everyones a critic. Besides the point. What is ur view on nute gunray?
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Nute being a fleet commander was scrapped late in the development of ships. The reason being most seperatist ships are in fact droids and wouldn't have pilots, removing the incentive to spend money and gear up pilots, thus the lack of dark side ships. I highly doubt we will ever see nute as a commander.

Oh really? Inside info. That does make sense from what ur saying. If 100% correct that wud save levelling n gearing a useless character. Thanks mate
  • Options
    Vegeta wrote: »

Its Shakespeare- to not or not to be. Replaced the nots with Nute everyone else got it. Thank you for ur input to this thread it has really helped

You couldn't be anymore wrong. "To not or not to be."

Shakespeare deserves better than that.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Following rumbles of Nute Gunray becoming a fleet commander. My Nute Gunray is currently at 5* gear 5. Is it worth farming him for ships? I am guessing they will be having a rework cos are pretty pants atm.
    Easiest answer: What else are you going to do with your Arena tokens?

If you're in the middle of farming someone then keep doing that. But if you're like I was a few weeks ago and just saving up to buy a million credits every couple days because there was no one else you were interested in, then why not?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    To paraphrase Wikipedia: Citation needed.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Sado. Everyone else liked. Maybe stopping being a bich and help with discussions tht people find helpful or want actual discussions not just to be a tw@. U work with the material u got dcknose. To be or not to be was the quote i used but replaced with nute, i didnt mull over for ages with it. Get a **** life
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

If you're in the middle of farming someone then keep doing that. But if you're like I was a few weeks ago and just saving up to buy a million credits every couple days because there was no one else you were interested in, then why not?

Okay thanks mate. Bout to 7* akbar then get leia 6-7* so will just focus on tht. Cheers
  • Options
    I 7* Nute but, have not leveled or geared him. Figured if the rumors became true I was at least a little ahead of the process. Not planning on leveling or gearing him unless they release a capital ship for him.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Okay thanks mate. Bout to 7* akbar then get leia 6-7* so will just focus on tht. Cheers

Oh, yeah, those are definitely good characters that'll help you right away! Finish them for sure. Nute'll still be there when you get back!
  • Peanut
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I love me a nute gunray, 400 to 500k on p3 oh HAAT works out well.
    Nute lead, fives aayla or danger datcha and scavenger.
    Scavenger is the 8 ball in this team crits for dayz
    A rework wouldn't hurt gunray though make him arena worthy
  • Tim202
    25 posts Member
    Options

Sado. Everyone else liked. Maybe stopping being a bich and help with discussions tht people find helpful or want actual discussions not just to be a tw@. U work with the material u got dcknose. To be or not to be was the quote i used but replaced with nute, i didnt mull over for ages with it. Get a **** life

Man, someone is butt hurt.
  • Options
    I'm one of the **** who farmed Nute at the very start of the game (my second 7* lol) and I don't regret it. He's fun to play with and with his ship probably coming, it doesn't hurt to farm him. Go for it.
    Plus, the Force tells me that they're going to release some sort of Separatists rework (like what they did with Sith characters) soon, so Nute will probably be better.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I 7* Nute but, have not leveled or geared him. Figured if the rumors became true I was at least a little ahead of the process. Not planning on leveling or gearing him unless they release a capital ship for him.

Good thinking bud. Tht is most i will do too. Be a waste of gear and 50 other toons i cud give the gear too.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I'm one of the **** who farmed Nute at the very start of the game (my second 7* lol) and I don't regret it. He's fun to play with and with his ship probably coming, it doesn't hurt to farm him. Go for it.
    Plus, the Force tells me that they're going to release some sort of Separatists rework (like what they did with Sith characters) soon, so Nute will probably be better.

Well it may work out for you in the end. The poblem is he needs 7 raid pieces!! Ouch
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Tim202 wrote: »

Man, someone is butt hurt.

Yeah ur ma was a little too ruff! Tell her i aint into tht!
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Peanut wrote: »
    I love me a nute gunray, 400 to 500k on p3 oh HAAT works out well.
    Nute lead, fives aayla or danger datcha and scavenger.
    Scavenger is the 8 ball in this team crits for dayz
    A rework wouldn't hurt gunray though make him arena worthy

Really? I think you have found a hidden HAAT raid team there, a new meta? Needs 7 raid pieces :-/ glad its working for u tho mate
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Have a drink and chill. Not his fault you botched the quote, and made it confusing. I got it when I read it, but I definitely had to reread it several times wondering what you were talking about. "To Gunray, or Nute to Gunray" is much, much clearer/better. You should change it right now.

And to your question (because I can contribute to a discussion, and be a tw@ too) I have the shards to 7* every toon from the arena shop but Nute, CUP, and Eeth Koth. I can't bring myself to waste tokens on any of them (which is saying something considering I farmed Ventress). I'm building up a stockpile of tokens, and then I'll start using the excess to buy credits. If Nute gets a ship/rework I'll have enough currency to 7* him fast. But I won't put anything into him until I know for sure he's getting the dev's attention.
  • Options
    yup the last thing you need is not to be ready for ships meta... they will do something eventually... and only 5639 years left to wait