Anyone Not Doing the Jedi Challenge?

Prev1
I want to, but have nothing besides a 4* Barriss from a bronzium. I feel like it is not worth it to stop getting my main team better just for 1 character. Anyone else not going to do it/ considering not doing it.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    I want to, but have nothing besides a 4* Barriss from a bronzium. I feel like it is not worth it to stop getting my main team better just for 1 character. Anyone else not going to do it/ considering not doing it.

If you dont meet the qualifications then its an easy decision.
    As for advice, i personally would NOT deviate my plan of all the toons im working on just to get the new one faster (unless its general grievous in which case i pour all the $ needed into doin it asap).

I see this as endgame content in that particular 7*s are required for access. That said, build tour team and meet your rosters needs to advance in the game. Whatever toons you end up at 7*, so be it. Once your roster is competitive in arena AND able to easily complete GW, THEN (and only then) wouod i consider star'n up toons you dont want or need in irder to progress toward this new toon.

I have 7* lumi + 5-6x 7* darks haha so i wont get far as i wont hve access but i am not deviating from my current plans just to get full access faster. I will get to consular/bariss/mace/jinn/ahsoka/etc etc etc when my roster allows and will have a 7* version of this new toon when i am rdy/able same as everyone else :)

Best of luck
  • Options
    There are plenty of good jedi you should be farming anyway. JC, Lumi, Qui-Gon...no reason not to go for those anyway. Eeth koth is in arena as well so while not as good, he is an easy farm.

You probably won't have them for this event, but you should plan for the next time it comes around.
  • Options
    I am not. I have:
    7* lumi
    6* jc
    2* jedi guardian

That is not enough. I also need to get poe before the update hits. So i am not chasing for new jedis.
  • Options
    I decided tonresist the temptation and not do it. I can't actuvate it unless distracting me for two weeks, using many chars that I don't want and on too of that are low on Currency, and would need 10,000 crystals tonget on time. And since 5 won't shine much, I'd still need to wait to second window to star up, so I may well skip it now.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Not worth it until your main team for Pvp is finished. They also said there are going to be different events along the way with different criteria. Whose to say the characters you currently have/want won't be the needed toons to participate in the event to get 'the next' new character.

Also, as f2p you don't want to waste a month plus of resources to get a character that possibly won't even help your squad. Wait to see who it is and how OP they are.

Now having said that, it makes me think it's going to be yoda with his leader ability being legit. This would make sense as to make the characters you just spent all this time and money on being made more valuable with inserting him into your top Jedi lineup.

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Id like to but i probly wont be able to. Hopefully you can still make an attempt if its a battle and they wont hold you out because you dont meet the req.

I only have a 7 star lumi, 4* ima gun di, and 4* JC
  • Options
    I have 5 Jedi, my issue is that most are not upgraded sufficiently to unlock the new character so it'll be some time until I can complete it.

I would never switch up my current farming to unlock the character either so it'll be a long time until I can complete it. Since I'm a free player, I anticipate it'll take me 6 months to get there minimum...
  • Options
    How can one answer this until we see the release?

The best way to be beat is to accept defeat.
    Why be afraid?.. Go all out... Do it, if you fail, so what?
    Who cares?
    At least you tried!

As they say..grow some balls or get off the bull.
  • Options
    Looking at the jedi only event other special characters are also going to probably require tribe based teams.Similar to jedi you may need 5 rebels or 5 scoundrels or 5 empire or 5 sith(one of them being darth maul) or 5 first order for each week in rotation.Once we get some confirmation from the devs if this is indeed the case ,then we could choose which type of tribe will be easiest for us to get to 5 *.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Nope.

I've got four jedi, but willingly gimping my progression in order to chase a fifth -- someone who would otherwise be entirely useless -- is pointless. Counter-productive is an understatement, it would be affirmatively detrimental.

Easy call.
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    Options
    i only have 2 (lumi n qgj) jedis I use daily. So having to 7* 3 more either koth guardian Tano or barris. For 1 jedi that is prob gonna be broken or nerfed doesn't sound appealing to me. Keep farming the Droid team for the grievous event u knw it's coming haha
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »

I'm doing it. For 4 stars jedi that is. You do what you can, man. it's a G-A-M-E.
  • Options
    I can manage a 4* squad but don't think I can get enough 5*s in time. I will definitely have the 5 next go round if not this time.
  • Options
    I have Lumi 7*, JC 6*, tano, Aayla secura (only cromium I pulled) and I've been saving my arena tokens so I am currently unlocking eeth. If I didn't get lucky with the secura and tano from bronzium I wouldn't be trying. The only thing that will hinder me is getting tano up to 3* instead o QGJ, who I plan on farming, but I'm also anticipating on a nightsister event down the road so investing 25 shards into tano might pay off.
  • Options
    I'll farm QGJ, but I'm not hurting my squad by farming a bad Jedi character like guardian or koth. Terrible event IMO
  • Options
    I decided today, I will not build a droid team.
  • Options

Not even 86?
  • Options

Not even 86?

Never!
  • Options
    Im going for it, but have a respectable end game team that puts me in top 5 most days.

I could make it better by finishing GS, but a free and likely strong 7* character is hard to pass up.

If you are struggling in GW or arena, I'd recommend getting a (fairly) high caliber team before you deviate.
  • Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Nope.

I've got four jedi, but willingly gimping my progression in order to chase a fifth -- someone who would otherwise be entirely useless -- is pointless. Counter-productive is an understatement, it would be affirmatively detrimental.

Easy call.

Fair enough. I just hope people who don't go for the challenge aren't upset (yeah right lol) if the new character is on par with QGJ, Poe and Rey
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Thinking about it. At this point I wouldn't really qualify for the event (7* Lumi, 4* JC, 2* Guardian and QGJ and that's about it for my Jedi), but I might, just might reconsider. I checked the available paths and the best way to go if I change my mind would be to farm Mace in the Cantina (80 shards from there, with daily energy refills, is doable) and Ahsoka from the Cantina shop. I don't know. I really don't.

At this point I have a team that can easily keep me in the top 100 in the Arena, breeze through GW, so I might actually take those two weeks off to focus on building a stronger Jedi team. I probably won't be able to get them any higher than 4*, but at least it's something. And it WOULD be a nice change from arena/gw grinding.
  • Options
    I've got
    1 x 7* Lumi
    1 x 6* JC
    3 x 5* Barriss, Kit Fisto and Ahsoko
    1 x 3* QGJ

So I'm going to unlock the new character and play with them for a bit. If it's any good I will probably farm QGJ next (after Poe) in the Cantina shipments rather than my original plan of 7* Daka

If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    Eh, my mains all hit level 70 today 7*. Might as well grab a few Jedi now and finish off a few achievements while I'm at it.
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Thinking about it. At this point I wouldn't really qualify for the event (7* Lumi, 4* JC, 2* Guardian and QGJ and that's about it for my Jedi), but I might, just might reconsider. I checked the available paths and the best way to go if I change my mind would be to farm Mace in the Cantina (80 shards from there, with daily energy refills, is doable) and Ahsoka from the Cantina shop. I don't know. I really don't.

At this point I have a team that can easily keep me in the top 100 in the Arena, breeze through GW, so I might actually take those two weeks off to focus on building a stronger Jedi team. I probably won't be able to get them any higher than 4*, but at least it's something. And it WOULD be a nice change from arena/gw grinding.

I have 7* JC and Lumi, but I'm working on Mace, QGJ and Koth in arena. It might be worth starting those characters and see how the new toon looks. If he is good, then you're primed to make it to the finish line. If not, you still get QGJ out of it and JC for GW. Mace might be okay now too and Koth is a good anti droid guy to add
  • Options
    I will compete in the lower stages. I have 4 jedi so only need a 2 star jedi (qgj) to compete. But its imposibble for me to get em all 5* before the event. So i'll wait and see if the char is worth it (yoda is cool, but if its jedi luke then im not going to get it) and comlete when the event repeats. So meanwhile im just gonna up my arena team and try to get in the top 50.
  • Options
    Well, i would go for it. But Since im only level 49, ftp and got only Lumi 5* and a 3* JC i dont think i can make it...
  • Options
    Well, i would go for it. But Since im only level 49, ftp and got only Lumi 5* and a 3* JC i dont think i can make it...

Sorry man. Just focus your characters and work towards the top PVP spot. Consistent top 5 gives way more rewards than a bonus character will
  • Options
    My intention is not to rush for all jedi farming at the moment, there's very little chance to unlock yoda at the first time the challenge is available.
    I begin a long term plan to get the best jedi I want, with time, without rushing into that Eeth koth.
  • Options
    I've only 3 jedi 5* JC, 7* Lumi and 4* Qui Gon....so personally I don't see the point of taking so much time and resources to get another 2 jedi when I could be maximizing my current arena sqaud especially as a F2P