Communication problems with a member

Hi all,

I'm an Officer in a guild, we use the Discord communication app, and yet we can't manage to enter into contact with one of our members. He's not on Discord, and even in the in-game chat we can't get an answer from him.

A theory that has been put forward is that he might be under 18, and so blocked from the in-game chat. Is it true ? Children are blocked from seeing the chat ?

I'd feel bad to boot him out because he's not joining on the chat (and the reason it's important and mandatory is that we're soon to tackle HAAT, so need coordination).

Anyone to confirm that theory ?

Greetings,

Replies

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    That's true. The chat is not available to minors
  • Options
    That is almost certainly the case. He can't read your messages in game. Happens all he time. They usually have a generic name like 'mol Eliza' or 'drew rosario' too.
  • Options
    Too bad. Thank you. Any way to send him a message so that he could understand why we'd boot him ?
  • Options
    That is almost certainly the case. He can't read your messages in game. Happens all he time. They usually have a generic name like 'mol Eliza' or 'drew rosario' too.
    We booted a Mol Eliza earlier this week for that reason, it was obvious, but this one's name is Sharp, so nothing to do with Star Wars. Doesn't look generic.
  • Options
    No I've never heard sharp as username before. You can't message him. Normally officers give a new member a few hours to talk in game or to join WhatsApp/discord etc, but if they hear nothing they boot them.
  • Options
    This is bad. Must be bad for their psyche, to be continuously rejected from each guild they join. :neutral:
  • Options
    Do they see the general message the guild leader can put ?
  • Options
    I've no idea. They never say! Lol
  • Options
    Well, it won't make me lose my sleep. Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    You're welcome. Nothing you can do.