Gamorrean Guard for P3?

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited January 2017
Has anyone considered Gamorrean Guard for P3 under Chirpatine or Zader? For Chirpatine he'd taunt and stay taunted, along with Retribution, which would add damage to the Boss. Now, my question is, will he add DOTs from Retribution, much like Baze adds Speed Down under his? If so, this would benefit both Chirpatine and Zader. Second question, the boss in P3 can't knock out buffs, correct? Therefore, Retribution should stick?

I'm 36 shards away from 7* him.
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I use him and yes he adds DOTs, even when countering. Only issue is at the beginning you have to be careful otherwise he'll counter the adds and give them DOTs.
  • Options
    I use him and yes he adds DOTs, even when countering. Only issue is at the beginning you have to be careful otherwise he'll counter the adds and give them DOTs.

Thank you! Have you tried him in AAT P3 yet?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    But he won't counter a counter attack
  • Options

I have but mine is only 7* G8. As Ben_kenobi says, he won't counter a counter. He'll only counter if the boss actually attacks him. I stopped using him because he was killing off the adds.
  • Options
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »

I have but mine is only 7* G8. As Ben_kenobi says, he won't counter a counter. He'll only counter if the boss actually attacks him. I stopped using him because he was killing off the adds.

Correct, but taunting he would be hit often by the boss, which would result in Retribution.

When you say "killing off the adds", are you referring to negative status effects?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

Correct, but taunting he would be hit often by the boss, which would result in Retribution.

When you say "killing off the adds", are you referring to negative status effects?

He's referring to ththe side droids
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    I use Tusken
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

He's referring to ththe side droids

Ahh! Which wouldn't matter under Chirpatine if you can get the shocks off fast enough, and save his taunt for last or near last. It wouldn't be too tricky on the timing.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    If the droids attack him before you get the chirpa chain going it might
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Im sad to say that he gets kinda annoying because of the droids :neutral:

Better waiting for Jabba if he ever gets to the game
  • Options
    He does well in P3
  • Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Hmm! I'll still test it. I use Shoretrooper, so he'll take the damage initially, so that's all they'll be able to attack. Then I fire up Sun Fac in there. I prefer to keep RG tho for the Defense Up stick. More than likely I'll ditch Sun Fac for Gam and try that out.

I also use Chirpa to assist call EP (retreat until I get it), which lets me shock all the droids before the big cannon takes a turn. Basically, I shock a droid, go for the assist, which shocks the second droid, and immediately lets EP go again. 3 down, 3 to go. Those come pretty quick with good speed on EP added by the TM gain.

In HAAT, the droids are pretty strong holding up to DOTs.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Shoretrooper in there too sounds good, Gamorrean Guard also gets protection up when taunting but I don't know if it actually matters
  • Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Hmm! I'll still test it. I use Shoretrooper, so he'll take the damage initially, so that's all they'll be able to attack. Then I fire up Sun Fac in there. I prefer to keep RG tho for the Defense Up stick. More than likely I'll ditch Sun Fac for Gam and try that out.

I also use Chirpa to assist call EP (retreat until I get it), which lets me shock all the droids before the big cannon takes a turn. Basically, I shock a droid, go for the assist, which shocks the second droid, and immediately lets EP go again. 3 down, 3 to go. Those come pretty quick with good speed on EP added by the TM gain.

In HAAT, the droids are pretty strong holding up to DOTs.

Im doing Normal right now, so I don't know how he is in heroic.
    If you are gonna try it out I would love to hear how it turns out :)
  • Options

He wouldn't counter because the boss would be hitting him after technically countering on EP's attack. But if you can manage to get him to counter without giving DOT's to the adds, then he would be decent.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

He wouldn't counter because the boss would be hitting him after technically countering on EP's attack. But if you can manage to get him to counter without giving DOT's to the adds, then he would be decent.

That's true, and something I was brainfarting on. He would counter on the Boss's AOEs (Scatter Shot and Barrage), and also on the Warm-up shot. Gam wouldn't even target the "adds" since EP would have them effectively frozen from shock.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Silverwing6
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Guard would counter because the boss gains %25 tm whenever he (b2) counters, so after 4 counters, b2 takes an actual turn and would hit gam guard.