What's the point of the 2nd tier of the Chopper Event?

Prev1
Aldaron
175 posts Member
1.000 credits? Really? What's in tier 3? A Mk1 ability mat?

Replies

• Options
    1 omega material for the first time, then 1000 credits each time after.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    i don't understand it either... The only thing i can guess is it's a way to test out the Pheonix characters without them dying? but still the rewards are a slap in the face.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Traybor wrote: »

I know what the rewards are, they're a joke and there's no point in wasting time doing the event every day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Aldaron wrote: »

I know what the rewards are, they're a joke and there's no point in wasting time doing the event every day.

then don't. wow, that was a terribly easy solution.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I'm not asking what to do. I'm asking what's the point of the tier 2. Why they even bother creating it in the first place.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This. It took longer to complain about free stuff on the forums than it would have to complete the event and get the free stuff.

If you don't want free credits, ignore tier II.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I'm not asking what to do. I'm asking what's the point of the tier 2. Why they even bother creating it in the first place.

Seems to be a valid point, the game team spent time creating this tier, for what purpose? Could that time have been better spent elsewhere?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

people have been asking to make events re-playable, even if it was for little to no reward. To be fair, those people mainly wanted to re-play the yoda and palpatine events, but this is a good start. If they still monitor feedback it will probably be the last event they'll make re-playable, alot of people are whining about the rewards.
  • Options

Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. It took longer to complain about free stuff on the forums than it would have to complete the event and get the free stuff.

And I personally don't do it now, but it still seems curious. Not even complaining but like the OP is suggesting. Why is it there? What is it's purpose? Not for the rewards obviously. It's superfluousness is quite curious. As a Chopper event, I assumed we would get Chopper shards. It reminds me of the phase in the last event where the enemies were all boxes. Just seems like laziness to me.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I like to run it with just my moderately geared Hera and Kanan. Get a feel of Phoenix Squadron and its synergy. Tomorrow I'll add Zeb to it and see what he brings to the table.

I can see how simply running it with your five best would be annoying though and a waste of 30 seconds.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options

Unlike playing that event I have fun arguing on the internet about stuff ;)
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    I like to run it with just my moderately geared Hera and Kanan. Get a feel of Phoenix Squadron and its synergy. Tomorrow I'll add Zeb to it and see what he brings to the table.

I can see how simply running it with your five best would be annoying though and a waste of 30 seconds.

I suppose that might be the purpose of it; to run it with the few Phoenix we have to just get a feel for the toons.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Whats the point of the whole game?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    The game needs an AI update. Devise a system that accurately matches your team with an opposing team. It would solve the problems faced now of either the team is insanely hard or rediculously simple. Then the I337 bois can feel uber and the new comers feel like they have a place as well. Thing is, I don't think mobile platforms are sophisticated enough, yet.
  • Options
    I don't get it, either. It feels like they have a few events that are kinda silly in terms of rewards and I'm not sure why they bothered. I mean, I get the first tier where you get a Chopper shard. But the other two tiers are just kinda dumb and there are other entire "events" that don't seem worth the trouble. For instance, that one where you get a Jawa shard per tier completion. I'm not sure why they bother with that.
  • Options
    The game needs an AI update. Devise a system that accurately matches your team with an opposing team. It would solve the problems faced now of either the team is insanely hard or rediculously simple. Then the I337 bois can feel uber and the new comers feel like they have a place as well. Thing is, I don't think mobile platforms are sophisticated enough, yet.

Programming is programming; it doesn't matter what platform you are on. The only difference between mobile games and consoles/PC are hardware limitations. They could update the software AI, but I personally think they do as they collect player choices. It seems to me like the AI has gotten much smarter then the way it used to think. It will now gang up on toon much more now then when it used to just spread dmg equally. I notice it even knows which threats on the team to eliminate first much more then it used to.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Unlike playing that event I have fun arguing on the internet about stuff ;)

haha, we can't argue about that because i completely agree ;)
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Whats the point of the whole game?

For them to make money, for us to have fun.

Now, they expended resources to create the tier 2 of that event and I don't get what's the point of it. It's not fun, it's not rewarding in any way so why did they bother making it?
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    The time that they used to create tier 2 and tier 3 could've been used to fix a few bugs

Probably didn't take more then 15 minutes to make the extra tiers. They already had the animation of the battleground from tier one, all they had to do is change the enemies and rewards.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Wait... People don't actually enjoy playing the game? They only enjoy the rewards? (Rewards that make your characters better so you can continue to play the game with upgraded characters.) That makes no sense whatsoever. I personally enjoyed tournaments. I also enjoy this event. I challenge myself by seeing if I can defeat K-2 with barely anything. Today I'm going to see if just Poogle and Chopper can do it.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    i don't understand it either... The only thing i can guess is it's a way to test out the Pheonix characters without them dying? but still the rewards are a slap in the face.

people have been asking to make events re-playable, even if it was for little to no reward. To be fair, those people mainly wanted to re-play the yoda and palpatine events, but this is a good start. If they still monitor feedback it will probably be the last event they'll make re-playable, alot of people are whining about the rewards.

Everytime I play it I hit auto. TFP goes first with his AoE. Battle over. Literally one tap every day. It's repeatable but hardly challenging
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Everytime I play it I hit auto. TFP goes first with his AoE. Battle over. Literally one tap every day. It's repeatable but hardly challenging

that's tier 1 for a chopper shard, not tier 2 that is being discussed n this topic.
  • Options
    Wait until you do the 3rd tier Chopper event. Biiiiiiig rewards!

Heh heh.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »

Programming is programming; it doesn't matter what platform you are on. The only difference between mobile games and consoles/PC are hardware limitations. They could update the software AI, but I personally think they do as they collect player choices. It seems to me like the AI has gotten much smarter then the way it used to think. It will now gang up on toon much more now then when it used to just spread dmg equally. I notice it even knows which threats on the team to eliminate first much more then it used to.

Fair point, the game we download is just to access their servers (Client). I'm over simplifying but, essentially true. They need to define groups more as well. Too many loopholes. G11 level 70 teams are OP because they are mismatched with those running g8 level 70 teams etc.. Which could be fixed with level restrictions like they have with gear/abilities, can't omega til x level etc.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Actually the 3rd tier rewards are exactly the same as the 2nd tier. It's just 1,000 credits again. But at least you get to fight R2D2. He spunks oil everywhere and throws his zippo into it.
  • Options

Fair point, the game we download is just to access their servers (Client). I'm over simplifying but, essentially true. They need to define groups more as well. Too many loopholes. G11 level 70 teams are OP because they are mismatched with those running g8 level 70 teams etc.. Which could be fixed with level restrictions like they have with gear/abilities, can't omega til x level etc.

I agree, GW is a problem with new players because of that mismatch. That's why end game users always sneer at new players GW complaints. Right now it seems like it ramps only according to level. Matching according to gear level etc. might be prudent and could use updating.
  • Options

I agree, GW is a problem with new players because of that mismatch. That's why end game users always sneer at new players GW complaints. Right now it seems like it ramps only according to level. Matching according to gear level etc. might be prudent and could use updating.

The forums say that calculations show it is based on the power of your top 5 toons. This would include gear and levels, but not abilities.

i know there is certainly supposed to be easy and hard nodes in GW, but they do get a little tweaked occasionally. The easy nodes are purposeful to let you A) warm up, and B) take a breather.

What I would like to see them tweak, if anything is character power. Make it take abilities into account. That would be pretty righteous.
  • Options
    I was hoping for more shards or something but I suppose it's better than not having a second tier.
  • Options
    It's free credits so I can't complain.

Anyone it would be a useful amount of credits for (v. low level players) probably couldn't complete the K2S0 battle. SO overall whilst I'm not complaining, I think it needs pointing out that the credit haul from the event over the however many days probably won't be enough for me to buy anything I need (but thankfully I'm not in need of credits at the moment! - for a change), the event isn't particularly fun (K2S0 doesn't even get chance to fight back for me), and anyone low enough level to find the credits useful may struggle to beat it (I really don't know whether this is the case as it's such a long time since 1k credits seemed a lot to me - I figure I must have been around level 20 or less?). Just some constructive criticism as I'm not going to diss anything free, but as per above I can see why many people may not like it.