Could ezra be viable in a jedi team

Prev1
He can assist multi attack has a good offense unique buff maybe it could fit in more than kanan

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I think so. I'm gonna gear him up and try him out here soon.
  • Options
    İ don t really like him much but he could be useful than some others maybe a moderate jedi not just for phoenix team
  • Options
    He seems like a slightly better Kit Fisto. The fact that he has a rebel tag on top of a jedi tag helps a little.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes, I believe he can. First off, he does pretty good damage for a Jedi. Not quite as good as Ahsoka, but his base speed (143 vs 105) is much better. On top of that, his unique lets him stack a 10% offense buff at the end of each round to 40% max. So he is going to deal even more damage due to that.

Secondly, like I mentioned above, he has a very good base speed. Only Yoda is significantly faster than Ezra, among Jedi.

Ezra also can dispel on one special (like QGJ) and he assists an ally on an attack (reverse of QGJ) on his other special and gains one of an automatic crit, protection up for 2 turns or +40% turn meter (depending on the class of ally he assists).

IMO, he's like a stronger version of QGJ.

Add him on a zQGJ Jedi team and he could be pretty formidable.
  • Options
    He's extremely viable in a Jedi team. You'll see him in top Jedi meta squad very very soon.
  • 3so
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I'm gearing him for my zqgj, might replace anakin for him... 1 point slower base speed, he can call an assist, which if secura could also call an assist and they both would gain tm, or use yoda who would gain (80%tm I believe(40 from Ezra, 40 from his basic) and on top of that you'd have qgj, Ezra, secura, and gkenobi who can all call assists
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Yes, I believe he can. First off, he does pretty good damage for a Jedi. Not quite as good as Ahsoka, but his base speed (143 vs 105) is much better. On top of that, his unique lets him stack a 10% offense buff at the end of each round to 40% max. So he is going to deal even more damage due to that.

Secondly, like I mentioned above, he has a very good base speed. Only Yoda is significantly faster than Ezra, among Jedi.

Ezra also can dispel on one special (like QGJ) and he assists an ally on an attack (reverse of QGJ) on his other special and gains one of an automatic crit, protection up for 2 turns or +40% turn meter (depending on the class of ally he assists).

I'm pretty sure it is Ezra that gets assisted with his watch and learn ability since he is the one that gets hit by counter attacks
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it is Ezra that gets assisted with his watch and learn ability since he is the one that gets hit by counter attacks

I would say that's probably bugged then.
    His description says he calls someone to assist, and then assists them. By the description, there should be no counter attack, because there are only assisters and no actual attackers.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

I would say that's probably bugged then.
    His description says he calls someone to assist, and then assists them. By the description, there should be no counter attack, because there are only assisters and no actual attackers.

It looks like it works the same way as Chirpa's assist call when it's omega'd. He does call someone else to assist first, and then follows them up with an attack, but just like Chirpa he can be counter attacked after it.
    But yeah, that's a bug as well.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options

Description says:

"Target ally attacks and then Ezra assists them, dealing 20% more damage..."

Ezra assists an ally.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Description says:

"Target ally attacks and then Ezra assists them, dealing 20% more damage..."

Ezra assists an ally.

Alright I'll take your word for it, I can't really test the ability at the moment. Whether he gets counter attacked or not I still think he will be great to put on a full Jedi team
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Omnibot wrote: »
    He seems like a slightly better Kit Fisto. The fact that he has a rebel tag on top of a jedi tag helps a little.

What?

He seems wayy better than kit.
    - Chance to attack again on basic (that hits way harder than kit's)
    - Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - Assist + ally buff on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'm gonna put him in my team to replace aayla, since all she does is crit and that isn't good vs maul teams.
    I'll then have
    zQGJ, zYoda, Gk, Jka, Ezra.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'm gonna put him in my team to replace aayla, since all she does is crit and that isn't good vs maul teams.
    I'll then have

But Aayla stuns and them sith can't dodge when they're stunned. She doesn't only crit.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

But Aayla stuns and them sith can't dodge when they're stunned. She doesn't only crit.

Yeah, IMO, Aayla is a better fit against Sith because on a crit hit they get stunned and then they lose their turn. Of course, under a zMaul lead they go into Stealth upon being critically hit, but at least they've lost their turn.

Also, the fact that Anakin can Expose himself when he does his AoE can hurt your team in Arena.

I'm going to run zQGj, zYoda, GK, Aayla and Ezra.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

She only crits. The problem is for her to stun she has to crit, and a crit sends them into stealth where you can't attack them anyways.

Trust me, after many many fights everyday vs Maul L I've come to the conclusion that aayla is my only toon that I can easily replace. QGJ for lead, Yoda for bm, GK for being Gk, Jka for buff block heal imm. massive dps.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

She only crits. The problem is for her to stun she has to crit, and a crit sends them into stealth where you can't attack them anyways.

Trust me, after many many fights everyday vs Maul L I've come to the conclusion that aayla is my only toon that I can easily replace. QGJ for lead, Yoda for bm, GK for being Gk, Jka for buff block heal imm. massive dps.

I mean, she crits and stuns. Which isn't horrible, I'm not saying she's perfect against a zaul team, but she does have the stun which can be helpful. Also if you can place buff immunity and then stun its actually a very good combo, but I agree she is replaceable.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

I mean, she crits and stuns. Which isn't horrible, I'm not saying she's perfect against a zaul team, but she does have the stun which can be helpful. Also if you can place buff immunity and then stun its actually a very good combo, but I agree she is replaceable.

yeah, it's good. that's why she's been in my team for the past 4 months.
  • Options
    Is Ezra the best Jedi? Or is anyone (wait for it)..... Better Than Ezra?
  • Options
    GreenBoldt wrote: »
    Is Ezra the best Jedi? Or is anyone (wait for it)..... Better Than Ezra?

+1 lol
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

Um so your trading a character who Crits and stuns for a character who Crits and doesn't stun. Good luck with that. Erza is a pile of sht. And have fun hitting a sith twice with weak hits, you just gave him half his tm back.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

Um so your trading a character who Crits and stuns for a character who Crits and doesn't stun. Good luck with that. Erza is a pile of sht.

Ezra doesn't only crit though, he does a lot more than that, and it honestly might be more effective to keep crit chance off of him and use him as more of a support character that has decent damage.
  • Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

Um so your trading a character who Crits and stuns for a character who Crits and doesn't stun. Good luck with that. Erza is a pile of sht.

Ezra doesn't only crit though, he does a lot more than that, and it honestly might be more effective to keep crit chance off of him and use him as more of a support character that has decent damage.

Erza will just feed the zaul motor. At least aayla can give it some temporary hiccups.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

Erza will just feed the zaul motor. At least aayla can give it some temporary hiccups.

Do you run Jedi?
    Do you have a maxed jedi team?

If not then you are straight up talking out of your **** about something you know nothing about.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Aayla is the weak- link in a zQGJ, zYoda squad tbh. With all the foresight it makes her niche (counter stuns) irrelavent for most of the match. Plus GK gives your entire team a 100% counter.

Most people put ahsoka in aaylas spot for dps or zBarris for more survivalbility. I'm gonna try out Ezra there for another quick dps with some dispel support.
  • Options
    Would really like some input and/or actual experience using Ezra in a legit top 20 zqgj squad. If he works or not, and the team composition with him.

See a lot of hersay about him being good, but without context of their squad rank, arena goals, level, gear tier, etc
  • 3so
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try Ezra instead of anakin
  • Options

What?

- Dispel/tm gain on spec
    - high base speed
    - decent damage

I'll then have

Do you run Jedi?
    Do you have a maxed jedi team?

If not then you are straight up talking out of your **** about something you know nothing about.

Well until you try Erza your straight up talking out of your **** too? Try it and see how it goes.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Leia combo Ezra can do max attack at 9 per time?

Leia 3 times , Ezra 2 each time so max at 9
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    And how about zQGJ,Kanan,Ezra,GK,Yoda

Anakin seem not very viable for zMaul as he can not do Crit.

Kanan make have Jedi double tank and he can counter with Crit immune.

Hope someone run that team share video.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hmmm...zyn led ezra/hera/leia/qgj? or ackbar?... 3 assists 2 of which can call leia for potential x3 atks... and zyn can give leia another free turn on top of that.

Qgj is only weak link with the random assist... but the dispel and tm manipulation is nice... ackbar cleanse would be nice, and free turn for leia also...

Just seems like you know if you could give leia an extra 4-12 atks in round 1... that could melt a character or two by itself.

Speed cpuld be moded to be competitive since there all pretty good or really good speedwise.