(non)definitive poe counter

Replies

• LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why the FOO? Just for the extra call chance with Phasma lead?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Why the FOO? Just for the extra call chance with Phasma lead?

foo's third skill gets my lumi in to heal and reduces the turn meter of my target. he also grants 90% turn meter + advantage/offense up for 1 ally and his basic attack can do almost 8k when everyone has advantage. he's also turn 8 speed and will be turn 7 speed at the next level cap, making him even better than he is now.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    hi guys! it's the weekend, which means i get to focus on arena instead of driving home during rush hour.
    found a pretty tough team today..which is what i was aiming for since i hadn't been able to record any fights with old ben + poe and crew. i think the only tougher team than this is if leia had been replaced with geo, but until i find that team, i can't test it out...here's hoping for the future. anyway, the results of today's fight:

VqJhPVN.jpgZW8PJIT.jpg2tLa1eS.jpgXR4R9Jd.jpghIJPvYM.jpgKBdfybk.jpglTrxEi8.jpgk1daKMH.jpg26B3gcI.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    my friend @Rogan_Ban84 dominated rank 1 today. couldn't catch him during cooldowns hehe. grats rogan!
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Hehe, thx reizse. Prana totally f'd me up today. Good job on the win.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Wow resize. That was a rough team, nice work! Surprised at your kill order though. Why leave Rey till the end?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Wow resize. That was a rough team, nice work! Surprised at your kill order though. Why leave Rey till the end?

once i stuck her with slow, she didn't have the bonuses from being free of negative effects. plus the fact that she was slowed allowed me to ignore her. i meant to take her out before old ben, but an assist accidentally killed him. i thought i shot myself in the foot when that happened and all the buffs would mean a loss, but the slow kept rey from moving (she only took 2 actions the entire battle)
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Hehe, thx reizse. Prana totally f'd me up today. Good job on the win.

yeah man your team deserves rank 1!
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    @reizse I've seen you talk about Daka a bit here. Could she work here? Maybe for Dooku?

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

duffmc81 wrote: »
    @reizse I've seen you talk about Daka a bit here. Could she work here? Maybe for Dooku?

yes, that's exactly the plan. once foo is 7*, i will focus on daka until she's 7* to sub in for dooku. once the update hits and we can see the defending team, there's no reason to use dooku if there are no jedi on the other team. daka will be a secondary heal with rez and her double stun on her basic with the possibility of assists is (in theory) able to shut down opposing teams with the amount of turn meter manipulation between han, foo and phasma
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

yes, that's exactly the plan. once foo is 7*, i will focus on daka until she's 7* to sub in for dooku. once the update hits and we can see the defending team, there's no reason to use dooku if there are no jedi on the other team. daka will be a secondary heal with rez and her double stun on her basic with the possibility of assists is (in theory) able to shut down opposing teams with the amount of turn meter manipulation between han, foo and phasma

Reizse, wouldn't subbing Daka for dooku make you miss the chance to stun Poe before he taunts? Or is it the plan to use Dooku on a Poe team?

Thanks,
  • jafla
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Quick suggestion to consider to increase your chances of winning vs teams using Poe. First of all at the current moment to play in the top 50 of pvp arena you probably have to use Poe as well. That being said what do you do to win if opponents team Poe taunts first. Perhaps 50-75 percent of the time you lose one or two characters and you most likely lose. What about if you only lose one or 0 characters...

How to still possibly win! Tested and tried personally. I'm Ftp and end top 1-3 every day. Every team I play uses Poe in top 50. Think 2-3
    Exceptions. My team use Sideous, Poe, IG86, IG88, Luminara.

Poe resists a ton of special attack damage abilities also healing him for 12.5 percent life each time so stop using them if he taunts. Only use physical damage attacks. Possible character so far may be IG86. He will crit for 8.5k plus an additional assist attack. Sideous laying damage dots followed by IG88 can also kill 2-4 characters which can give you the win even if opponent Poe taunts first.

Main thought is AOE plus physical damage attacks only to Poe when he taunts can allow you to win even if you don't taunt first. Usually you will be able to taunt with your own Poe so if you can lay down a couple of AOe you can still win or kill his Pow with 1-2 attacks high damage and then squeak out a win in the end.

Not saying this will win you all your matches just thoughts for winning about 30-40 percent of the matches when Poe taunts first on other team and you don't lose 2-3 characters immediately after.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Reizse, wouldn't subbing Daka for dooku make you miss the chance to stun Poe before he taunts? Or is it the plan to use Dooku on a Poe team?

Thanks,

early on in my testing, i had a few lucky streaks when stunning poe. his tenacity is too great currently to rely on a 40% stun activation then passing the potency vs tenacity check. i'm hoping that in bringing daka to the team, i can use her basic to double stun (one will always target poe himself, but the other chance will hit someone else). since the stun is on her basic attack, any assists can trigger it and then if i choose to use it on her actual turn. i haven't done the math to get the average stun chance per round...i hate doing that kind of math...but i'm hoping to see more stuns in using her over dooku.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    woops! wrong thread!
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    here's another fight. not your typical poe team, but rng almost burned me on this one

uRsyIw1.jpgtIR4CIE.jpgJkCQa6C.jpgMNC9WoO.jpgaZMPCoP.jpg4IOUyI5.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    and one more fight today

esz2zs2.jpgyiqW0BG.jpgMSTgxYc.jpgI1iIYdS.jpgDsEtgkX.jpgJQJeaFd.jpgBTMFbzE.jpgVZUx4lT.jpgVy9fGb9.jpg
    today, i had better than 50% odds, which is my usual win rate against poe teams
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

Yes, instead of whining and crying, this is the proper way to go about it. You gotta constantly evolve. Don't be lazy, plan ahead and try to have answers for issues you're having.
    Reizse, that's not a bad game plan at all, I'd better keep farming rey.
  • Options
    OP your team is close to mine.i use Phasma lead, st Han, FOO, ackbar, and for now Biggs but I may switch In my Kylo at higher gear. Anyway yeah I really enjoy this type of turn meter manipulation team that can just snowball to victory after the first round onslaught from the other team. Currently rank 30 on my server lol 65 at 21k power surrounded by teams at 70 around 24k power. Very strong team right now IMO
  • Options
    I like your team reizse! I run Phasma (leader), sid, lumi, chewie and dakka. All are 7* maxed. I can beat low end poe teams fairly regularly (those that aren't 7* maxed!) but I'm about 20% or less win rate on the top end ones. I place top 50 in my arena most of the time and I've hit 1st a few times pre-poe. Chewie may not have the skills of han but what he does have is 1 huge hairy body. Almost never dies before he can taunt and if he does he is the only 1. I feel my team could do with a heavy hitter in sids slot. Maybe qgj or kylo? My retaliation seems pretty weak after I've been poe'd. Dakka does well but the rng gods can be fickle!

Keep flying the no poe flag! We could do with more constructive solutions like yours.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    How did you take so little damage in the old ben battle? Poe taunt, his team act (minus Ben , who is stunned I guess). You have everybody standing and only Dooku slightly damaged. Lot of RNG evasion?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    How did you take so little damage in the old ben battle? Poe taunt, his team act (minus Ben , who is stunned I guess). You have everybody standing and only Dooku slightly damaged. Lot of RNG evasion?

Rey moved first so she hit without the expose debuff. if it was the other way around, it would be a different story (I know because I've lost due to that haha). the reason I have so much health left over is because I generate too many turns to allow the other team to attack
    mighty chlorians
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Rey moved first so she hit without the expose debuff. if it was the other way around, it would be a different story (I know because I've lost due to that haha). the reason I have so much health left over is because I generate too many turns to allow the other team to attack

Yeah, I understand the basic idea of your team. But you geberate them with FOO and Han and Phasma, and as I understand it, after Poe's taunt his whole team should act, Minus Ben (stunned). Yet you only lost half of Dooku's health
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How does your team do on defense? Does it hold the rank well or not?

Given players do a far better job than the A.I on focusing fire, I would imagine it will struggle and especially against a droids team since after a Poe taunt and Poggle's buff, the opponent's IG-88 will ability block your TM manipulators to neutralise your team's core strength.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Given players do a far better job than the A.I on focus fire, I would imagine it will struggle and especially against a droids team since after a Poe taunt and Poggle's buff, the opponent's IG-88 will ability block your TM manipulators to neutralise your team's core strength.

you hit the nail on the head. my team can't hold rank and that's the weakest part. i still haven't found a way to address that point just yet. any ideas?
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I understand the basic idea of your team. But you geberate them with FOO and Han and Phasma, and as I understand it, after Poe's taunt his whole team should act, Minus Ben (stunned). Yet you only lost half of Dooku's health

after Poe taunted, leia stealthed and only qgj got in an attack. once the second round started, I gained massive momentum and did not allow his team to act at all. I would say leia is the weakest member of his team. if it was geo instead, I would have a much more difficult time
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

Given players do a far better job than the A.I on focusing fire, I would imagine it will struggle and especially against a droids team since after a Poe taunt and Poggle's buff, the opponent's IG-88 will ability block your TM manipulators to neutralise your team's core strength.

you hit the nail on the head. my team can't hold rank and that's the weakest part. i still haven't found a way to address that point just yet. any ideas?

Urgh... thought so. This is probably the reason why many players resort to Poe + dps/droids team as it offers the best chance of holding ranks.

Just like yourself, I am trying to shy away from jumping onto the Poe bandwagon, but I haven't found a solution either when it comes to the defensive side. Replacing Dooku with Daka could help as she will help Han to survive longer, but... a non-Poe team is just too vulnerable on defense against a Poe-led, droids or dps team... :'(
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Urgh... thought so. This is probably the reason why many players resort to Poe + dps/droids team as it offers the best chance of holding ranks.

Just like yourself, I am trying to shy away from jumping onto the Poe bandwagon, but I haven't found a solution either when it comes to the defensive side. Replacing Dooku with Daka could help as she will help Han to survive longer, but... a non-Poe team is just too vulnerable on defense against a Poe-led, droids or dps team... :'(

yes, i think you're right. i'll try adding in daka once both she and dooku are 7* and see how it goes. thanks for the help!
    mighty chlorians
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Firstly kudos for managing to beat poe teams without poe.

However, I don't think any of the matches are reflective of what poe combinations are truly capable of. In the first match, your opponent's team wasn't optimized to take the battle on the first turn, since leia stealthed on her first turn, and fotp didnt even get to move first even after poe's turn meter reduction.That left qgj and rey who I suspect went for two different targets and resulted in the turn being passed over to the turn manipulation trio of phasma, foo and han.Game over. The net amount of turn meter gained from these three allows them to take extra turns, no thanks to phasma and that sob han(since the special from qgj has been used already).foo buys so much time with pinning shot.Any turn 7-8 dps toon in place of fotp and leia would be a better fit for that poe team.Granted, the battle could have gone a lot worse if dooku had won the coinflip and stunned qgj in the first round.

The same story can be said for the fives,fotp, and kylo teams. hardly optimized for turn 1 battles, lacking both speed and dps(except for fotp).

it seems that the meta has become either a fast first turn kill dps team(rey,gs,poe etc) or a han/phasma/foo team if the battle drags any longer. turn 9 toons have become obsolete. I've had matches where my enemy went two full turns before my fotp had a chance to do anything.Something like poe,phasma,foo,han and some other attacker.If they win the coinflip, poe goes first, reduces all turn meters, foo pins, the other attacker hits,han taunts, phasma goes for victory march and then they all go for their next turn AGAIN. That 50% turn meter gain from phasma, 30% turn meter gain from han's taunt,20% turn meter gain from han when he is damaged, han's turnmeter gaining unique cannot be overlooked.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

lumi does a fine job of ability blocking han so that the rest of the attackers can focus on the foo and enemy's lumi.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    Firstly kudos for managing to beat poe teams without poe.

However, I don't think any of the matches are reflective of what poe combinations are truly capable of. In the first match, your opponent's team wasn't optimized to take the battle on the first turn, since leia stealthed on her first turn, and fotp didnt even get to move first even after poe's turn meter reduction.That left qgj and rey who I suspect went for two different targets and resulted in the turn being passed over to the turn manipulation trio of phasma, foo and han.Game over. The net amount of turn meter gained from these three allows them to take extra turns, no thanks to phasma and that sob han(since the special from qgj has been used already).foo buys so much time with pinning shot.Any turn 7-8 dps toon in place of fotp and leia would be a better fit for that poe team.Granted, the battle could have gone a lot worse if dooku had won the coinflip and stunned qgj in the first round.

The same story can be said for the fives,fotp, and kylo teams. hardly optimized for turn 1 battles, lacking both speed and dps(except for fotp).

it seems that the meta has become either a fast first turn kill dps team(rey,gs,poe etc) or a han/phasma/foo team if the battle drags any longer. turn 9 toons have become obsolete. I've had matches where my enemy went two full turns before my fotp had a chance to do anything.Something like poe,phasma,foo,han and some other attacker.If they win the coinflip, poe goes first, reduces all turn meters, foo pins, the other attacker hits,han taunts, phasma goes for victory march and then they all go for their next turn AGAIN. That 50% turn meter gain from phasma, 30% turn meter gain from han's taunt,20% turn meter gain from han when he is damaged, han's turnmeter gaining unique cannot be overlooked.

i believe the title refers to this team as a non-definitive poe counter. additionally, i also mentioned my win rates dependent upon who goes first. finally, i acknowledged that if any of the teams i fought had geo, it would be a much more difficult battle and that i'm still searching for such a team to test mine against. fortunate or unfortunate, these are the best teams i can battle on my server shard. until they merge all the shards into one, i won't have the opportunity to face different teams unless someone in the top 5 of my shard decides to change it up.

thanks for your comments!
    mighty chlorians