GAME ISSUE: Guild Chat: STATUS (9/1 - 9/5) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    The Guild chat is the worst. how are we supposed to coordinate when we keep getting errors.

It is our current #1 priority. :(

We'll keep you updated with status. Bear with us and thank you for patience.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATE: We will be doing a client restart 8:05 AM Pacific.

Please prepare accordingly. Thanks!

Greetings Heroes,

We're aware that there are issues with:
    • Guild Chat
    • Territory Battles Guild Activity Feed

We're monitoring the issue and working on fixes.

Status Updates will be here.

Thanks all!

While I appreciate that you announce the "plan accordingly" on the forum.

This is NOT conveyed in the game. Alot of games have a POPUP box that says we will be taking server down in XXX minutes. - This is more useful and helpful to get an INGAME alert.

Not everybody is going to be checking the forum every minute and hour.

Client Restart has recently caused alot of combat missions and deployment missions not to register their points. Members are reporting their combat missions didnt post.

What is being done about these loss of points ?

Absolutely agree. In-game notification would be great so that you don't start a battle you can't finish. I lucked out on this one, having just barely finished a battle before the latest restart.
  • Options

This is NOT conveyed in the game. Alot of games have a POPUP box that says we will be taking server down in XXX minutes. - This is more useful and helpful to get an INGAME alert.

Client Restart has recently caused alot of combat missions and deployment missions not to register their points. Members are reporting their combat missions didnt post.

Heya AllisonBrock,

We agree this is not ideal nor is it long term sustainable. Ideally, there would be few if any restarts.
    We are looking at options, and your suggestion for in game posts among many others. These are not happening soon, but you're on the track.

Regarding players in Combat Missions, we've tested the restarts.

1. Client restarts do not kick you out of Combat missions (or Arena fights).
    2. When you complete the fight, it will immediately restart you AFTER your scores are saved to the server.
    3. The restarts are inconvenient, but they don't impede battles in progress.

Please double check your total Guild Points to verify.

RT
  • Options
    There have been at least 2 in the last 1 1/2 hours, and they are affecting our TB. It's also arena time in Europe. It's hard to think of a worse time for unannounced resets.
  • Options
    Every hotfix/client restart should come with an in-game message that states explicitly what was done. Stealth changes don't foster trust, and not everybody checks the forums every few minutes to see if anything was posted by the devs regarding the restart. The reality is, most of the player base doesn't even check the forum at all. Good communication with the entire player base should be priority #1, not just those that are active on the official forum.
  • Options
    Chat seems to be working as off 10-15 mins ago. Is anyone else still having issues?
  • Options
    It was announced in the Dev announcements &a news section, but I'm not sure if everyone saw... it would make it more fair to those who were affected though.
  • Options
    UPDATE: 9:29 AM
    We're working on server optimizations. Status updates as we continue.

Greetings Heroes,

• Guild Chat

<<MEGATHREAD>>

Thanks all!

Can we het these in UTC?
  • Options
    Still doesn't work. :(

The new chat servers are still spinning up. Give em a few mins to propagate.

however, your TB stats should all be working :)

EDIT: We'll see if the new servers work. Stay Tuned as always!

Still laggy, still hangs.. I'm sorry man.. I'm trying to stay positive.. but the last couple days both in game and out (I live in what's left of Houston) have been rough.. I'm just trying to escape and play a game to relax..

Just wanted to say given what you're going through you're handling this much better than many. Hang in there.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs keep at it, you'll get it fixed. While this is unpleasant, I appreciate the forum communications throughout.
  • Options
    Ansroff wrote: »
    Still doesn't work. :(

The new chat servers are still spinning up. Give em a few mins to propagate.

however, your TB stats should all be working :)

EDIT: We'll see if the new servers work. Stay Tuned as always!

Still laggy, still hangs.. I'm sorry man.. I'm trying to stay positive.. but the last couple days both in game and out (I live in what's left of Houston) have been rough.. I'm just trying to escape and play a game to relax..

Just wanted to say given what you're going through you're handling this much better than many. Hang in there.

Thanks.. you're only seeing what I post here.. you should see my FB feed/chat.. Rated R for "Ridiculous amounts of Swearing."
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options

Heya AllisonBrock,

We agree this is not ideal nor is it long term sustainable. Ideally, there would be few if any restarts.
    We are looking at options, and your suggestion for in game posts among many others. These are not happening soon, but you're on the track.

Regarding players in Combat Missions, we've tested the restarts.

1. Client restarts do not kick you out of Combat missions (or Arena fights).
    2. When you complete the fight, it will immediately restart you AFTER your scores are saved to the server.
    3. The restarts are inconvenient, but they don't impede battles in progress.

Please double check your total Guild Points to verify.

RT

Interesting. Maybe I wasn't "lucky" that it restarted right after combat was complete. Seems others have had issues, but for me this worked as you described.

Still does not change my support for in-game methods of communicating issues. I am one of a very small number of folks in my guild who keep an eye on the forums, and usually pass on what I learn, but when chat isn't working that's really difficult.
  • Options
    We also have several guild members who, during the restart time, were in combat and have screenshots of a frozen combat window with no ability to take any action.

They were left with no option but to force close the app; it is unclear what progress (if any) they were credited for.

This is not happening to everyone, but does appear to be happening. @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    Appreciate the communication. Regardless of what people say here, communication is very important. Keep up the great work
  • Options
    Appreciate the communication. Regardless of what people say here, communication is very important. Keep up the great work

No one is saying communication isn't important. The fact we're getting any at all is fantastic.. There are somethings that are staying unanswered, which is annoying.. but lets get the game playable again before dredging that stuff back up.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options

No one is saying communication isn't important. The fact we're getting any at all is fantastic.. There are somethings that are staying unanswered, which is annoying.. but lets get the game playable again before dredging that stuff back up.

Agreed. They can't tell us everything for reasons known only to them, which is understandable. But the fact they they are telling us when restarts are and updating us on how the fixes are going is great
  • Options
    This chat issue was a major pain in the gluteus Maximus. Trying to coordinate HAAT, TB, and adding people to LINE/Discord without being able to communicate has shown major issues in game. Seems better now though.
  • Options
    MockTerran wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. I swear everyone just complains on here.

Constructive criticism is part of the purpose of the Forums. I'm always OK to hear it.

I love the game but the chat is a bit of a let down. Apart from that it's awesome:))
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Options
    UPDATE: 11:40 AM Pacific HOT FIX
    • Updating Guild Leader Boards for August
    • Territory Battles Phase 3 Bottom Territory (Power Generator): Special Mission requirement change: Hoth Rebel Soldier lowered to 5*: MEGATHREAD

Greetings Heroes,

• Guild Chat

<<MEGATHREAD>>

Thanks all!

• Options
    UPDATE: 11:40 AM Pacific HOT FIX
    • Updating Guild Leader Boards for August
    • Territory Battles Phase 3 Bottom Territory (Power Generator): Special Mission requirement change: Hoth Rebel Soldier lowered to 5*: MEGATHREAD

Greetings Heroes,

• Guild Chat

<<MEGATHREAD>>

Thanks all!

Thanks for working hard to fix these issues, Our guild chat seems to be working fine as off the past few hours but could you let us know if the core issue is fixed. Were planned to start HAAT in just under an hour and dont really want a buggy chat or client restarts to ruin the run. So an update on if the repairs on the guild chat are finished would be much appreciated so i can postpone if needed.

Thanks again and for remedying the Hoth soldier issue!
  • Options
    Who doesn't like being a beta tester in a scored contest of new content? It's a thrilling and interesting time fellow players. Also as far as client restarts go. My guilds raid was active during the restarts yesterday morning and I was not credited with my attempt. It was during the first of the many many restarts. So by the time I could finally successfully restart the game the raid was in the hour afterwards, and calculating the results.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2017
    Options
    (This is a rubberband message stretching from 9/1 to 9/5)

Hiya!

In our efforts to ensure Guild Chat is operating as intended please be aware:

Guild and Territory Guild Contribution chat channels may require us to do client restarts at the beginning of OR within an hour of each new 24 hour change (6AM).

So that means we'll be up early. REAL early
    nina-desayunando.gif

• This may result in the need for client restarts for each changeover.
    • We'll be respecting the top of the hour for PVP positioning.
    • Client restarts will not kick you from an active Arena or Territory Battle Combat mission.
    • In both cases it will let you complete, record your results then force you to restart.
    • We are doing this solely to ensure all players are updated to newest chat servers.
    • If we do an update for any other reason, we will call it out specifically.

Our team is currently doing repeated testing over the weekend to rectify this issue.

Please keep an eye on this thread as well as our Game Update status post with any status changes beyond those listed. Cheers!
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Flakbait wrote: »
    Trying to be constructive: What about partnering with one of the chat app makers to handle the heavy lifting? Some of them would probably do the integration for free (since the client app itself is free), just to have the larger user base available to hit for in-app purchases.

You guys make a great game - despite the occasional oppsies. But yeah, your communication support really, really blows.

EDIT:
    And FYI, the restart did nada.

I tend to agree full heartily with you on the chat suggestion, and yes the past communication from the devs has been pretty poor, but I've noticed they are becoming more informative lately and hope they continue more often.
  • Options
    My game just crashed on wave 4/6 when chat went offline. It did lock the battle now since i cant enter it again. Topic stated that it shouldn't, well it did..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Topic is talking about client restarts. Which we haven't done. What does 'lock the battle' mean?

EDIT: apologies, I understand.

If you loose connection or time out due to connection, you will have that issue.

• Options
    I Have Been Writing In Alliance Chat and its been Duplicating my messages and take long to get message also in the platoon game lounge sometime in Fleet this suck , I have also talked to others in my Alliance they is several people have the same problem in game and chat Alliance message board E.A . Attention Fix ?
  • Options
    Restart After 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    Can we start TB now ?
  • Options
    Ueah i made the mistake of trying to use chat in a combat mission, it glitched out locked up for several minutes, i reset game and now it says i only completed 1/6 on that combat mission... bantha poodoo!
  • Options
    Jack92 wrote: »
    Restart After 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    Can we start TB now ?

Can we get a response please? The lack of communication on this is frustrating.
  • Options
    so is your patience B)
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra