GAME ISSUE: Guild Chat: STATUS (9/1 - 9/5) [MEGA]

Prev1345
CG_RyDiggs
536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited September 2017
UPDATE:
(This is a rubberband message stretching from 9/1 to 9/5)

Hiya!

In our efforts to ensure Guild Chat is operating as intended please be aware:

Guild and Territory Guild Contribution chat channels may require us to do client restarts at the beginning of OR within an hour of each new 24 hour change (6AM). NOTE: Highly recommended to wait until well after the above listed time to access TB.
  • This may result in the need for client restarts for each changeover.
  • We'll be respecting the top of the hour for PVP positioning.
  • Client restarts will not kick you from an active Arena or Territory Battle Combat mission.
  • In both cases it will let you complete, record your results then force you to restart.
  • We are doing this solely to ensure all players are updated to newest chat servers.
  • If we do an update for any other reason, we will call it out specifically.

Our team is currently doing repeated testing over the weekend to rectify this issue.

Please keep an eye on this thread as well as our Game Update status post with any status changes beyond those listed. Cheers!

UPDATE: 11:40 AM Pacific HOT FIX
  • Updating Guild Leader Boards for August
  • Territory Battles Phase 3 Bottom Territory (Power Generator): Special Mission requirement change: Hoth Rebel Soldier lowered to 5*: MEGATHREAD

UPDATE: 9:29 AM
We're working on server optimizations. Status updates as we continue.

UPDATE: We will be doing a client restart 8:05 AM Pacific.

Please prepare accordingly. Thanks!

CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
Greetings Heroes,

We're aware that there are issues with:
  • Guild Chat
  • Territory Battles Guild Activity Feed

We're monitoring the issue and working on fixes.

Status Updates will be here.

Thanks all!
Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    Chat is even worse than yesterday. Which is quite impressive.
  • Options
    I think you guys should just abandon your in-game chat altogether. It's always been a joke and this game relies too heavily on outside game apps.

Just say **** it and move on. You clearly don't give two cents about making sure you can coordinate properly in the game. So many features you can implement but instead you want to fracture developing guilds by giving us no proper communication channels. Everything that is stated in the guild chat either goes by the wayside because of its design or ends up being overshadowed by "so and so activated blah blah blah".

This new mode was supposed to be about camaraderie but we have no means to being able to properly do so.
  • Options
    I think you guys should just abandon your in-game chat altogether. It's always been a joke and this game relies too heavily on outside game apps.

Just say **** it and move on. You clearly don't give two cents about making sure you can coordinate properly in the game. So many features you can implement but instead you want to fracture developing guilds by giving us no proper communication channels. Everything that is stated in the guild chat either goes by the wayside because of its design or ends up being overshadowed by "so and so activated blah blah blah".

This new mode was supposed to be about camaraderie but we have no means to being able to properly do so.

Chat can be really useful to get Discord invitation.
  • Options

Totally agree. We really need a proper functioning communication tool.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. I swear everyone just complains on here.
  • Options
    MockTerran wrote: »

Constructive criticism is part of the purpose of the Forums. I'm always OK to hear it.
  • Options

• Options

Constructive criticism is part of the purpose of the Forums. I'm always OK to hear it.

Oh yeah, constructive for sure... just not the ones who rely heavily on sarcasm/insults. You guys clearly know it's down, and are addressing it. I just wanted to contribute positively.

While I'm here... who the heck loves Lobot so much!?!
  • Options

Oh yeah, constructive for sure... just not the ones who rely heavily on sarcasm/insults. You guys clearly know it's down, and are addressing it. I just wanted to contribute positively.

You have to love Lobot. Any hard farm, useless character could be the next content gate. Learn from the past, you must. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Best part of chat has to be the censor
  • Options

There are, but there are great people too. We're all SWGOH Community, motley and cheery and zany and fans of Lobot.

We're SWGOH :blush:
  • Options

There are, but there are great people too. We're all SWGOH Community, motley and cheery and zany and fans of Lobot.

We're SWGOH :blush:

Then I love JKG.
  • Options
    Still doesn't work. :(

Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    I have been thoroughly enjoying Star Wars Galaxy of Restarts over the last couple of days.
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Options

The new chat servers are still spinning up. Give em a few mins to propagate.

however, your TB stats should all be working :)

EDIT: We'll see if the new servers work. Stay Tuned as always!
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    I have been thoroughly enjoying Star Wars Galaxy of Restarts over the last couple of days.

Definitely NOT ideal or intended.

Did the crystals and shards help?
  • Flakbait
    63 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Trying to be constructive: What about partnering with one of the chat app makers to handle the heavy lifting? Some of them would probably do the integration for free (since the client app itself is free), just to have the larger user base available to hit for in-app purchases.

You guys make a great game - despite the occasional oppsies. But yeah, your communication support really, really blows.

EDIT:
    And FYI, the restart did nada.
  • Options
    Tb stats are showing correctly (i believe) in the deploy window but are still incorrect in the actually territory's progress bar.
  • Options

NOPE try again
  • Options
    My chat was working before but I just had the client restart and now it doesnt work.
    Chewie shards incoming?
  • Options

The crystals? Yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Well, this TB mess was the push needed to force our guild to set up Discord and a website just to be able to reliably communicate and coordinate with guild members.
  • Options
    Unfortunately still not working after the reset
  • Options
    Same for us. Our Discord server has never been so active!
  • Options

Still laggy, still hangs.. I'm sorry man.. I'm trying to stay positive.. but the last couple days both in game and out (I live in what's left of Houston) have been rough.. I'm just trying to escape and play a game to relax..
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    A little patience doesn't hurt.

I'm sure the devs are working very hard as they can.

We can still do other activities in-game, like arena battles, challenges, etc.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Anything free is always welcomed, however you probably should have held off on it til Everything was fixed.

The client restarts are affecting people's scores on TB - guildies reporting only getting 4/6 or 5/6 on Missions when they were on course to complete it. Not everyone can check forums for unexpected restarts.

Perhaps there's a way of implementing an in-game timer which gives a countdown? Many games do this - i.e 'Server will restart in XX:XX'
  • Options

Greetings Heroes,

• Guild Chat

Thanks all!

While I appreciate that you announce the "plan accordingly" on the forum.

This is NOT conveyed in the game. Alot of games have a POPUP box that says we will be taking server down in XXX minutes. - This is more useful and helpful to get an INGAME alert.

Not everybody is going to be checking the forum every minute and hour.

Client Restart has recently caused alot of combat missions and deployment missions not to register their points. Members are reporting their combat missions didnt post.

What is being done about these loss of points ?
  • Options
    The Guild chat is the worst. how are we supposed to coordinate when we keep getting errors.
  • Options
    UPDATE: 9:29 AM
    We're working on server optimizations. Status updates as we continue.

Greetings Heroes,

• Guild Chat

<<MEGATHREAD>>

Thanks all!