It Sure Is Quiet...

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    If your being paid to community manager then you need to community manage... If your getting paid to be a cashier and your in the back driving a forklift while 50 people are lined up to check out you suck as a cashier..

They are going to ignore us until the end of the month when the fleet tables are released then back into their cave..... you can be the calm moderator asking for calm that's cool but the reality is there is 0 good will left because all the player base ever get's is lies, ;failure, false promises

To be fair I don't mind the failure cause you get free stuff sometimes.... total silence I cannot tolerate anymore
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If your being paid to community manager then you need to community manage... If your getting paid to be a cashier and your in the back driving a forklift while 50 people are lined up to check out you suck as a cashier..

They are going to ignore us until the end of the month when the fleet tables are released then back into their cave..... you can be the calm moderator asking for calm that's cool but the reality is there is 0 good will left because all the player base ever get's is lies, ;failure, false promises

To be fair I don't mind the failure cause you get free stuff sometimes.... total silence I cannot tolerate anymore

I get your point, but the "Intro to Crumb" post says hes only been with the company a month? Not that long, and probably a orientation grind. But asking for some love in order to get responses is kinda low...
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Maybe people wouldn't react with sarcasm, or vitriol, if we weren't treated with silence, or flippance.

Maybe.

This is the internet, afterall.

But seriously, if taking 2 minutes from someone's work day will cause the game development to come to a screeching halt- they're doing it wrong.

Even if the respond to EVERY post here, it isn't a time sink to the extent absolutely nothing else would get done. That's a weak excuse. I work 10 hour days, managing a company, and I could do it. Please.

How hard is that server’s job right? ;) they dont do anything else at all...

Carrie said there would be periods of silence in the State of Galaxy and Q&A , because sometimes its about reflection not just talking.. people and you included hate “corp talk” but the demand for “hear you” , “looking at it” is just that... i think in someways we can try to find a better balance of real talk , productive talk, and corp talk to both say “we’re not dead, we here you, not yet” in ways that dont sound as condescending as saying nothing is also itself viewed as disrespectful

But to be equally fair, when your passionate about something you are more invested (like running a company) than say the frontline casual person. So it IS IMPORTANT you feel engaged, and feel valued but also know when your a high energy and invested person your sense of vitriol and feel of being disrespected is much higher and so sometimes we all have to be better than “thats the internet” and in the times of the world... maybe we stop defending rude, mean, cruel actions simply “because”

Thats all, but we want people engaged even when they hate the change or response.. better your debating content and stuffs vs. bashing on the people or perceptions of the people..

But frustration is noted, heard, and will try to get some specalist droids on topics to engage
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Maybe people wouldn't react with sarcasm, or vitriol, if we weren't treated with silence, or flippance.

Maybe.

But seriously, if taking 2 minutes from someone's work day will cause the game development to come to a screeching halt- they're doing it wrong.

Even if the respond to EVERY post here, it isn't a time sink to the extent absolutely nothing else would get done. That's a weak excuse. I work 10 hour days, managing a company, and I could do it. Please.

Carrie said there would be periods of silence in the State of Galaxy and Q&A , because sometimes its about reflection not just talking.. people and you included hate “corp talk” but the demand for “hear you” , “looking at it” is just that... i think in someways we can try to find a better balance of real talk , productive talk, and corp talk to both say “we’re not dead, we here you, not yet” in ways that dont sound as condescending as saying nothing is also itself viewed as disrespectful

But to be equally fair, when your passionate about something you are more invested (like running a company) than say the frontline casual person. So it IS IMPORTANT you feel engaged, and feel valued but also know when your a high energy and invested person your sense of vitriol and feel of being disrespected is much higher and so sometimes we all have to be better than “thats the internet” and in the times of the world... maybe we stop defending rude, mean, cruel actions simply “because”

Thats all, but we want people engaged even when they hate the change or response.. better your debating content and stuffs vs. bashing on the people or perceptions of the people..

But frustration is noted, heard, and will try to get some specalist droids on topics to engage

I agree. “Don’t feed the trolls” and the ole ahh it’s the Internet trope should be buried.
    I agree there needs to be balance between us forumers and mods, cms, and devs.
    I would also hope that there is an understanding for everyone that there are so many of us and only few of the aforementioned titles. It’s so much easier to remember a Vamp, a Kozi, a Carrie and of course a Kyno than it is to remember a Vinny or Tvf or one of the Nics.

I am in no way looking for a response for every post - that’s absurd and one of the reasons why these forums can be great. The community can answer many things. But when there is something we cannot answer a little help would be really appreciated.

I’ll give an example- when events were changed to require 7 Star toons- Cap came on here and was just like my bad I forgot. We re all human stuff happens. The majority should understand that. And if they don’t we as the community (forumers) should let it be known that sometimes mistakes happen. And we do for the most part.

If you all (mods, devs, cms,) need help with the community please let us know. I’d be more than happy to help. Communication works both ways and I’m ready to do my part. And I hope you all know the difference and the range between someone who just signed up to the forums to complain about drop rates and someone who actually loves the game and always wants it to be a place of growth and betterment.
  • Options
    Vinny, you make a good point. We should be the "front lines" to answer questions and the tough ones that we can't, or have to do with the dev side of the game, they should jump in at that point. Kinda why the forums are open.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    QJinX wrote: »
    Flood or wave of communication leads to down times as they focus on the game side - and crumb is also working on forum and other issues but we will try to get more comments and the details of “heard you” or “working or looking at” tend to be just a riling and not liked

But i think insulting and taking easy mean jokes is funny but doesn’t really work towards effective change and since people think being mean = reaction, maybe thats part of the problem.

Sometimes it is to quiet, or too active, etc its the balance in between but since we dont control how people handle themselves... will say will see if we can get some love on more threads to round the week off

Fairly stated. But the Kaiser Soze and car reclining seat gifs are pretty funny, but back to the point.

I think its fair to say a game 'improvement' thread nearly 50 pages long that (based on the posts without doing the math) is hated by something north of 90% of the community should have some kind of comment. Something, anything. Some people likely invested thousands in ships 1.0. That degree of a change should warrant a response. I cant think of another business model that finds it the norm to completely ignore paying customers for weeks on end. Venom or not. Sometimes you have to suck it up and say sorry, maybe it was for the benefit of the game, and understand it impacted some players negatively but for the long term health of the game we had to make a change. A 5 letter word would go a long way i think, even if nothing changes.

I get yelled at every day as a supervisor for things that were necessary or that i couldnt control. I hear them out, then offer a sincere apology. It doesnt in the end matter if i was right or wrong, it matters how that customer feels. Feel free to steal my roadmap for how to engage your player base. ; )

Just one more comment and i think i am done talking about this issue because i think the folks at CG just dont get it.

In my line of work we offer a survey at the end of every transaction. Give us a 7 if we are great kind of thing. Why do we do that? Well, we crave that customer feedback. It allows us to identify pain points and fix them. Now, its obviously not reasonable in this arena to respond to every post. But you CAN look at 50 page topics and identify the key concerns, then give a response. When we get a negative survey the first thing we do is contact the customer. CG should be on their knees thanking this commjnity for caring about SWGOH and their willingness to give you unsolicited feedback.

The idea that CG only communicates in blocks is simply ridiculous. It makes us feel like you are just checking a box on some monthly calendar. Kind of like only calling your mother on Mothers Day.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'd take a Kyno gif at this point.

This is a terrible post. Of course I meant a @CG_Kozispoon gif.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

What kind of gif?
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Flood or wave of communication leads to down times as they focus on the game side - and crumb is also working on forum and other issues but we will try to get more comments and the details of “heard you” or “working or looking at” tend to be just a riling and not liked

But i think insulting and taking easy mean jokes is funny but doesn’t really work towards effective change and since people think being mean = reaction, maybe thats part of the problem.

Sometimes it is to quiet, or too active, etc its the balance in between but since we dont control how people handle themselves... will say will see if we can get some love on more threads to round the week off

The problem is....you poor people say we need the community to be less critical. Devs start calling nerfs "improvements". We ask for clarity. You go dead silent. At this point the community tries whatever methods we can to provoke a response. Still nothing. Which leads to negativity, which is met with your message.

If crumb is the community manager and stay with me here he should be trying to get answers to community issues. In his first month he has met several critical fails on his own communication. Suggesting he would provide follow by end of week and not even saying something easy to avert concern is a total fail.

Going dead silent when the TB rewards was a disaster another fail. But it seems in line with Carrie.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

What kind of gif?

Whichever one she chooses.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

What kind of gif?

Whichever one she chooses.

The maze isn’t meant for you.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options

She was all about the business
    owhcy3zljmyv.jpeg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options

She was all about the business
    owhcy3zljmyv.jpeg

If business was never answering questions and being aloof she sure was.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Kozi was cool at least she posted
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kozi was cool at least she posted

And that seems to be the lowering of the bar they are expecting.

So now they can come deliver us the apathetic response they have prepared and because we are starved for information everyone will be like oh well thanks for the response.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. They're just posting to calm you down. Still no response from the CM who's supposedly working on forum issues? Why no response from him? I get it I work for a Corp, this is all strategy tactics. And I refuse to suck up to any dev/mod in hopes to get some rediculous position on this rediculous forum. There is a major issue with communication, it was better 2 years ago, and has just gotten worse and worse these past couple of months.
  • Options

Maybe.

I really appreciate that you're trying, @Vampire_X, I really do. And I understand, that devs will be less visible as far as communication from time to time.

But let's be clear- LESS visible does not mean INvisible.

Let that sink in.

We don't ask for much, if we search deep down. Be consistent, be clear, be honest. It's not that hard to comprehend. When we don't get these 3 basic things, you get 21 pages of discontent.

• Options
    I try picturing people at CG waking up, showing to work every morning. They probably have their main projects and things they must do but I highly doubt they are so busy with projects that they can't take one hour out of their day and respond to people's questions, especially when their job description is "communication manager", ect. If that's the case then don't be cheap and hire a person or two to work on it instead.

I think this is far from "devs are too busy creating content for us so they can't devote a couple hours to respond to us". I think CG is following a strategy that involves waiting for people to forget. They are buying themselves time to come up with a plan because they know they messed up fleet 2.0 and they don't know how to respond and how to fix it. They pushed those overpriced 35 dollar packs to buy fleet materials way too soon and now they know that those who bought them will raise a poopstorm as soon as they try rolling stuff back so they are probably going to try patching it up with some less than satisfying solutions.

The longer they wait the more people will forget and say "ohh well, it is what it is", and those who don't forget, they will be a minority when the voices from those who ALWAYS defend the devs will tower over them. I personally hate fleet changes with a passion, I find them to be anti player and hugely RNG dependent. I am still hoping for a roll back on that update
  • Options
    Im sorry, Crumb might well be working on forum and other issues (ive no doubt hes busy) but your just firefighting or making excuses for him and the Devs, when you state that you will give an update by the end of the week, then not even logging in and acknowledging the issues on the forum even if it just says “thanks, were taking this into account” takes moments, now if that EOW statement wasnt made then they could push the boundries of minimal communication a little further, but at present there taking the......

I wonder how many people will be leaving because lack of communication is the last straw, whilst im not encouraging anyone to do that i admit its running through my mind.

And whilst insulting or mean jokes are not the best method of communication, they are indicitave of the forum users starting to become disillusioned, at the lack of communication, in fact its starting to feel like they have a good level of either indifference or contempt for their customers.

I just hope there not forging ahead with ship PVE at all cost rather than fixing the games present state of the galaxy.
  • Options

Maybe.

I really appreciate that you're trying, @Vampire_X, I really do. And I understand, that devs will be less visible as far as communication from time to time.

But let's be clear- LESS visible does not mean INvisible.

Let that sink in.

We don't ask for much, if we search deep down. Be consistent, be clear, be honest. It's not that hard to comprehend. When we don't get these 3 basic things, you get 21 pages of discontent.

Or 48... those pesky ships.
    All I know is the only reason I've flashed some plastic at this game this year was for the bossk pack, that's it... I have zero confidence that what we've seen recently is going to improve. Simming GW continues to be the best thing I've seen all year, with BH pass a nice #2. That's it. And we're at the halfway mark.
    Maybe I need to just tap out for a while, log in when free energy is there 2, maybe 3 times for a minute and that's it. I have Zombies to smash and plague-hearts to burn.
    Can I get an in game message when someone wakes up? Kthnx.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Of course they're working on the 6th han, and an all han raid. Where you fight frozen han, on jaba's ship. They don't care about hmm say 3/4 of the real players playing this game. They care about the noobs that come in when a new movie is pushed. Long time players are a scab in this marketing game. We're to critical to their wallets. 5 han's (I know I'm going there) who asked for that? Ships 2.0 who asked for that? A new raid? Sure we asked for that, but a rediculous challenge that is literally making the player base liquidate? No we didn't ask for that. We will get a response here and there but it will be short lived and probably have nothing to do with the post (like woops wrong area) and ones that support these mods/devs will glorify that and say "oh you funny dev you guys are great".
  • Options
    Honestly if you know what you are going to say then it would take a few minutes to type it. The problem is the devs DON'T KNOW what to say because they don't know how they are going to fix this which is why we don't see them come up with answers.

I will simply say that rolling back to the 5v5 model and allowing capital ships to work as they previously did, with keeping reinforcement abilities would solve most problems. And for crying out loud, the reaper needed some balancing, it didn't have to be nerfed to the ground! That ship took me so long to farm and as soon as it got ready they made it useless. That's just upsetting
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hi folks, it's been a busy few days with all our releases but that doesn't excuse me not keeping you all up to date. I'm trying to focus on the largest, most impactful issues but that means I can't be somewhere else. These continued Territory Battles issues have eaten up time I usually would spend responding but good news is I've got some time today to going through and responding to a bunch of threads with whatever updates I can, even if it's "hey we are still working on this."

In short, we sure aren't there yet. Improved communication is going to be a process but please keep us on track and honest. Your feedback is duly noted even if I don't have time to respond.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Cg lost me at shipsminus2 already. I keep swgoh to get characters, but im switching to the Marvel game with actual focus (and pocket), until they reverse/fix the ships.
  • Options
    This guy was silent for weeks and everyone pats him on the back because so engineer did a quick hot fix lame.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, it's been a busy few days with all our releases but that doesn't excuse me not keeping you all up to date. I'm trying to focus on the largest, most impactful issues but that means I can't be somewhere else. These continued Territory Battles issues have eaten up time I usually would spend responding but good news is I've got some time today to going through and responding to a bunch of threads with whatever updates I can, even if it's "hey we are still working on this."

In short, we sure aren't there yet. Improved communication is going to be a process but please keep us on track and honest. Your feedback is duly noted even if I don't have time to respond.

How about a response in the Sith raid feedback thread that you started?!?
  • Options
    I do want kozi back :(
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Give Crumb a chance, he's still new. But I agree that Kozi set the bar really high.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Give Crumb a chance, he's still new. But I agree that Kozi set the bar really high.

Hopefully our new friend will break that bar. His beard is epic enough to do so on its own. lol
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Hopefully our new friend will break that bar. His beard is epic enough to do so on its own. lol

The guy is a sailor! He knows about rough seas
This discussion has been closed.