Bad Batch S1:E7 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev1
Let's chat about it.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I liked it! It was fun and progressed the story a decent amount. Considering that this episode contained most of the big moments we knew were coming, I’m interested in what comes next.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Well, now they know how to get rid of inhibitor chips. Might start a rescue mission for Crosshair now.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I want to know what Rex is talking/up to. Para-military missions should pay better than that gangster they “working” for. Need to know more about her(?), too.

Good they took care of the chips.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Well, now they know how to get rid of inhibitor chips. Might start a rescue mission for Crosshair now.

Seems like he'll be visiting them next episode
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Seems like he'll be visiting them next episode

Yep. I can see tension between Omega and Crosshair if/when he comes back. Omega runs away...
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    It was a good episode. Now they know about the inhibitor chips, and got rid of them. It could lead them to deciding to save Crosshair.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Cool that Rex caught up with them. Hopefully they will be more involved with Rex instead of the lady they are currently working for.
  • TargetEadu
    1554 posts Member
    Options
    It’s interesting how dramatic the personality shift in Order 66 Wreaker was. Especially compared to Crosshair, who barely shifted at all.

Perhaps because Crosshair had effects from the chip pre-Empire…
  • Options
    Finally some good forward momentum! Was a great episode. So start working on Bad Batch for when CG releases crosshair.
  • Options
    Great episode, finally getting better. Interesting to see Wreaker's quick personality change from the fun, loving Wreaker we know and love, to the following order imperial soldier, but glad they were able to save him. Fun to see Rex again and help the Bad Batch remove their chips. Hopefully we'll get to see Ahsoka or Kenobi soon.

Next episode we'll probably see the empire send a squad to deal with the Bad Batch after the pirates contact the Empire to notify them that the Bad Batch is there. Who better to send then the Bad Batch's very own: Crosshair. If so, they can do what they did to Wreaker and stun him and remove his chip and bring him back. Get ready for a Crosshair in SWGOH.

• Options
    It's been a while since I played fallen Order, but what are the chances we might see Cal?
    Overall it was a really solid episode. Will be interesting to see who Rex is working with. I assume Wolf and Gregor? I hope we get to see them make the Walker their home at some point.
  • Options
    It's been a while since I played fallen Order, but what are the chances we might see Cal?
    Overall it was a really solid episode. Will be interesting to see who Rex is working with. I assume Wolf and Gregor? I hope we get to see them make the Walker their home at some point.

Cal would be a nice nod to the game, especially since they brought in Bracca. Seemed like the added the height aspect of Fallen Order too, with lots of gaps.
  • Options
    Okay, maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine, but why does everyone here spell "Wrecker"s name with an A and no C?
  • Options
    As for the episode, I was a little surprised that they got the chips dealt with relatively early, but it needed to get done at some point and it's not bad that it's done. (It just removes the possibility of something like Wrecker's freakout in this episode from happening in the middle of an even bigger crisis.)

I'm not willing to call it a great episode, but it was a good one.
  • Options
    As for the episode, I was a little surprised that they got the chips dealt with relatively early, but it needed to get done at some point and it's not bad that it's done. (It just removes the possibility of something like Wrecker's freakout in this episode from happening in the middle of an even bigger crisis.)

It was a lot better than a few of the filler episodes. Though now I think they’re going to focus on getting crosshair back and find a role in the new rebellion or continue to build their mercenary role. Though giving the tactical droid data to whomever hired the sisters is probably going to be a bigger focus soon.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Finally the show is gaining its footing. I was really pumped for the Bad Batch series, thinking it'd be gritty and more focused than TCW, then I saw the kid on the promos. Oh oh. But then the premiere was really good, so some faith restored, only to have the next 3 be so dull I started forgetting to watch on Fri. I'm still waiting for it to delve into the new Empire transition more deeply, but at least the last 3 episodes have made the show stand on its own merits. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the arcs that are developing (saw, crosshair, reb-emp transition, fulcrum?).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I want to know what Rex is talking/up to. Para-military missions should pay better than that gangster they “working” for. Need to know more about her(?), too.

Good they took care of the chips.

Honesty, para military type things in the current state of the galaxy, probably pay little to nothing.

I agree they are probably going to find out they really shouldn't be working for her, wondering how that relationship will play out, or if they will end up getting on her bad side, and get "turned in"....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I liked it, solid episode.

They seem to be working at a better pace on each episode. Yeah, the chips had to come out, glad it had it's own little mini issue, which we all saw coming, but wasnt a huge deal, cause it didn't need to be.

Seeing Rex and him having some involvement in a larger picture was great, I hope they start to find a focus too, even if it's not directly with him or any rebellion. They just need something larger to be working on/with.
  • Options
    Okay, maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine, but why does everyone here spell "Wrecker"s name with an A and no C?

Probably auto correct
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking it was a way to capture Omega's pronunciation. I watch most media with subtitles or captioning, English is my primary language, and I've watched The Clone Wars. But if the subtitler ever wanted to mess with me... I'd be lost.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

It was a lot better than a few of the filler episodes. Though now I think they’re going to focus on getting crosshair back and find a role in the new rebellion or continue to build their mercenary role. Though giving the tactical droid data to whomever hired the sisters is probably going to be a bigger focus soon.

Rex was the client that the sisters were working for, he mentioned that they directed him to the Bad Batch in this episode.
  • Options
    Agreed good episode

And great Music

The Omega and Wrecker thing worked well

Not that I cried or anything

I mean hardly at all. 😆
  • TargetEadu
    1554 posts Member
    Options
    … I think “wreak” like “wreak havoc” I guess.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Rex was the client that the sisters were working for, he mentioned that they directed him to the Bad Batch in this episode.

Seems kinda strange that Rex, or Snips for that matter, would need a tactical droid to beat the clones. I missed that piece of info though.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Seems kinda strange that Rex, or Snips for that matter, would need a tactical droid to beat the clones. I missed that piece of info though.

Just because Rex is who the sisters were working for doesn’t mean there isn’t a bigger picture and others behind the scenes. I think more could be coming.
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Though now I think they’re going to focus on getting crosshair back and find a role in the new rebellion or continue to build their mercenary role. Though giving the tactical droid data to whomever hired the sisters is probably going to be a bigger focus soon.

I thought that cliffhanger was addressed when we saw Rex in the catina - he had the same cloak. I may have missed something but I was sure who hired the sisters was Rex - would make sense, if Rex is with the Rebels?
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Options
    I like how Ep7 is developing - we know we have to survive the filler episodes but they have character arcs and it all fills in the gaps between ROTS and ANH - this is a big time for the far far away galaxy, lots will happen I am sure.
  • Options
    To be fair, I thought Clone Wars and Rebels took a little time to really get going. I expect BB to follow suit and really start coming in to its own by the end of the season and then hit its stride next season and beyond.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »

Just because Rex is who the sisters were working for doesn’t mean there isn’t a bigger picture and others behind the scenes. I think more could be coming.

I would hope so. Rex and Echo were planning strategies for the republic and wouldn't need a sep droid to beat the clones. I was under the impression that Rex wasn't involved in the rebellion until Phoenix "recruited" him in Rebels.
  • Options
    @ CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Yep. To be fair, all great shows start this way. Because in the great shows there are many details that come from character relationships & history. Buffy isn't so beloved because of its intense wall to wall action. Neither was CW:TAS. It's that by the time the action comes, you've learned so much about the characters that you have a rich and complex idea of what is really at stake for the people involved. Any movie or TV show can raise the stakes by introducing a villain who plans to blow up the world. Everyone dies. We get it. It's a big deal. Whoop.

But with a great show like Buffy or CW:TAS, you can raise the stakes by Giles buying a plane ticket to England or the Jedi telling Ahsoka that they no longer trust her. Sure, with a nuclear bomb you lose **everything**. But you're also not around to care. When Ahsoka simply loses the title of Padawan, just the name, just the community of Jedi, she's devastated (and so is Anakin!) even without losing a single jot of her knowledge or her power.

If Bad Batch is ever going to be a great show, it has to spend time defining its characters & showing you their relationships. That's what you do in the early episodes of the season. It's not until later that you can use those relationships to make something truly great.