What's the point of Fennec Shand?

Winterwolves
1722 posts Member
edited October 2021
What's the point of any non GL, or character that doesn't lead to a GL? With the rigid tiering of GLs above all else, who needs another bounty hunter? Or another scoundrel? People will already have a team sorted to put in TW or GAC without her. Why would I gear up a toon that uses up precious kyros when I can upgrade an older BH or scoundrel that doesn't use them? Maybe she'll lead to a GL, but really, the more GLs there are, the more pointless any other character becomes. Must be why they didn't bother trying to make the model face look anything like the actress.

Just stop with the GLs before it ruins the game any more.

I won't be gearing her beyond the level of needing a kyro any time soon. Why would I?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Bro, not everything is abt GLs. If this toon make some faction stronger / better, why not?

Example: if opponent has the same number of GLs for GAC, then the winner most probaly be the one with the better gear and mods and the correct team. The more teams u have, the better it is.
  • What team does she make better? What can that team do with her that they couldn't do a week ago?
  • 1) no one forces you to farm/gear her
    2) she (and other chars) might become needed for smth big (legendary/HJ/EC/GL) in the future
    3) while GLs are obviously the pinnacle of power in swgoh, non-GL meta teams are still just as important
    4) she's quite good with Bossk, Dengar or BAM

But most important point is 1) obviously. If you don't want to farm/gear her because you feel like your rewources are wasted, then just don't do so. I'm farming Omega just in case a legendary Crosshair drops but I won't gear that trash as long as I don't need to.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • There are lots of characters that cooled their heels on the bench for a long time before they became useful due to new character releases that complimented them (GG for example) or characters that are still cooling their heels on the bench but got geared as a gate to other characters (Rose and Mace both come to mind).

That being said, Fennic Shand has already been established as a strong character that can shore up otherwise weaker bounty hunter team comps and looks ripe for making the 'Calculated Risk' feat that shows up in both GC and the other GC more manageable.

If you think she's bad, don't farm her? Pretty sure she's the first in a new batch of new characters. We haven't seen the full picture yet - that's pretty typical as far as character releases go in this game.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • She'll be needed for GL Boba Fatt.
  • She'll be needed for GL Boba Fatt.

Or boba fett even.. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Last I checked you can only have 1 GL on a team, and you need multiple teams to do a fair amount of game modes. My guess is she is there to be a part of one of those teams.

I won't be gearing her beyond the level of needing a kyro any time soon. Why would I?

If you dont see a reason too, dont, other might, and some just like to be ready, because you never know.

Also, there is always a plan.......
  • OP is correct. I sometimes forget that you're only allowed to place GLs on D in GAC and TW. Silly me. Also forgot that you're only allowed to attack with GLs in those modes too. Good thing there are 20+ GLs in the game so everyone across all divisions can only use GLs and nothing else.
  • The "CC" in "CCG" stands for Character Collection.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    SWGOH getting a CCG game mode when
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    She'll be needed for GL Boba Fatt.

Or boba fett even.. :)

Fatt was accurate
  • The "CC" in "CCG" stands for Character Collection.

In my day, it meant Collectible Card. I feel old now, thank you for nothing.
    Maybe playing MSR on my Dreamcast will make me feel young again, fast & furious 1 style.

• Starslayer wrote: »
    The "CC" in "CCG" stands for Character Collection.

In my day, it meant Collectible Card. I feel old now, thank you for nothing.
    Maybe playing MSR on my Dreamcast will make me feel young again, fast & furious 1 style.

Look at this old timer, trying to fit in with us youngsters. At least your ambition hasn't grown grey hairs hahaha

JK JK you're cool bro.
  • What team does she make better? What can that team do with her that they couldn't do a week ago?

Dengar Lead beats GAS
  • Her as leader with L3, IG-11 and kuiil make for a useful undersized squad on the offensive. Or when you have a spare time to use Wat - her Wat and bossk are effective.