Road Ahead: March 2022 [MEGA]

Replies

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    I’m actually disgusted by this road ahead.

The last one was in September. We waited 6 months to find out zero is changing. Nothing is happening. At all.

QOL changes I never once heard anyone talk about.

New stuff to buy woohooo.

This game is dead. This will be my last post. I am done. 6 years, but the last 18 months have simply been horrific. The game has zero direction and every game mode is stagnant. The one remaining hero of the game was GAC and it’s been completely ruined. But zero will change. Nothing new will come except more purchasable items. The game is in its last days and squeezing folk. I’m not for being squeezed any more. I’m out.

fchwk0102ia3.jpeg
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »

The last one was in September. We waited 6 months to find out zero is changing. Nothing is happening. At all.

This game is dead. This will be my last post. I am done. 6 years, but the last 18 months have simply been horrific. The game has zero direction and every game mode is stagnant. The one remaining hero of the game was GAC and it’s been completely ruined. But zero will change. Nothing new will come except more purchasable items. The game is in its last days and squeezing folk. I’m not for being squeezed any more. I’m out.

fchwk0102ia3.jpeg

The QoL changes they announced are some of the most widely requested ones I can think of. Honestly the fact that you haven’t heard of them before is more an indication that you haven’t been paying attention than anything else
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »

fchwk0102ia3.jpeg

The QoL changes they announced are some of the most widely requested ones I can think of. Honestly the fact that you haven’t heard of them before is more an indication that you haven’t been paying attention than anything else
    Or he’s become so accustomed to a miserable, contrarian stance that he doesn’t even fact check his posts any more.
  • Options
    I will say the QOL changes are huge- been asking for a workaround for the GAC player lock issue for a long time. I'm just happy they are making some of these changes finally
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    So what stage of the games life cycle do you think were in?
    No new modes, no new raids, false promises regarding easing gear issues, more and more bug issues and crashes that won't get acknowledged, only thing they keep releasing are toons which keep ppl spending. So based on that, it looks like they're stretching out the inevitable. Pretty logical.

This makes sense to me! Not saying the game will die soon, but aren't RAs generally longer forward looking and kinda big things? All we got were things that have already happened, things that should have already been in place, and a new legendary baiting ppl into purchasing a bunch of new toons. Smells like a cash grab to me!
    Discord - Raegadyn#1451 / swgoh.gg - swgoh.gg/p/964325534/
  • Options
    @Ultra im assuming there’s zero response from @CG_SBCrumb_MINI or @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI about the lack of gear economy changes that were promised to be in this RA back in their most recent state of the Galaxy?
  • Options
    I'm glad there is no new gl so i can catch up with the latest toons6aurldxhwbii.png
    because they are amazing.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @Ultra im assuming there’s zero response from @CG_SBCrumb_MINI or @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI about the lack of gear economy changes that were promised to be in this RA back in their most recent state of the Galaxy?

I second this. Honestly gear economy is the 1 big thing I care about.

- New toons (Mac already announced) ehh, ok I’ll add to the list of other toons I don’t have gear for.
    - new modes would be nice but we got nada
    - RC farm location, announced weeks prior.
    - QOL improvement, happy they finally did it, but realistically it saves 45 min a week??? Guess what I don’t have any gear to gear up new toons and play with so already had plenty of time to squeeze in that 15 min of setup every other day :/
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »

- New toons (Mac already announced) ehh, ok I’ll add to the list of other toons I don’t have gear for.
    - QOL improvement, happy they finally did it, but realistically it saves 45 min a week??? Guess what I don’t have any gear to gear up new toons and play with so already had plenty of time to squeeze in that 15 min of setup every other day :/

You don’t have any gear? It has never been easier to gear characters up to g12.

Yes, the remaining bit of their phase 1 update would be nice, but you’re not convincing anyone when you suggest that guaranteed gear slots in some stores and increases gear drop rates on hard nodes will suddenly see you flush with spare gear.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I think the main reason we aren’t hearing an update on HSTR sim is because they can’t agree on what the rewards would be.
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »

You don’t have any gear? It has never been easier to gear characters up to g12.

Yes, the remaining bit of their phase 1 update would be nice, but you’re not convincing anyone when you suggest that guaranteed gear slots in some stores and increases gear drop rates on hard nodes will suddenly see you flush with spare gear.

It would be nice if they kept their word. They announced these changes initially last year in September’s SotG. They announced two phases to the gear economy and possibly a 3rd after data was collected and the economy was reevaluated.

Since then their first part of P1 has done great things for many. However it’s not enough. Having dedicated slots in the stores would be nice so I know that I’ll be guaranteed some coyr gear when it refreshes or when I manually refresh. The flattening of TB rewards would help immensely for lower end players and those farming shards get a nice boost in gear acquired.

Then theirs P2. Not even details or information which was promised to us for this RA. While I agree the GAC changes and crafting in the scavenger are very nice QOL update and much needed/appreciated, the lack of gear economy update was embarrassing. Why did they include Mace’s rework and RC’s farming location when those already were announced and implemented into the game? The grand inquisitor was the big fish? Yay? A legendary who, if last practice is to be followed, will be locked behind marquee characters needing relics?

I know the final say isn’t with Doja and Crumb. However whoever is in charge of what gets told to us is awful at their job. Without an official comment I’m sure it’s TopCash with Marky mark quitting almost a year ago.
  • Options
    Was there ever a timeline associated with Phase 1?
  • Options

When they implemented the first changes of phase 1 near the end of October they said the rest of phase 1 would come "in the next month or so". I think we can all do the math and realize that it's long past that.

The previous SotG also said that this RA would include information on "the next phase of the Gear Intervention", which means we should've gotten info on phase 2
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options

Not one they made public.
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I think the main reason we aren’t hearing an update on HSTR sim is because they can’t agree on what the rewards would be.

or they agree but realize how bad it is going to look when it pays out
    hello
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    bap1234 wrote: »
    I'm glad there is no new gl so i can catch up with the latest toons6aurldxhwbii.png
    because they are amazing.

The inqusitor event will basically be a mini GL with 2000+ kyros it’ll require.
  • Options

When they implemented the first changes of phase 1 near the end of October they said the rest of phase 1 would come "in the next month or so". I think we can all do the math and realize that it's long past that.

The previous SotG also said that this RA would include information on "the next phase of the Gear Intervention", which means we should've gotten info on phase 2
    Can’t find the “next month or so” quote. I see them say “in the near future” plenty.

I did find where they stated the next RA would have more details of the next phase, though.

Don’t get me wrong - I think they should deliver on what they stated, and it’s bordering on laughable that they still haven’t done so. But I do think some forumers are massively exaggerating how big an impact the 3 remaining changes from phase 1 will have on roster building.
  • Options
    chad7125 wrote: »
    Point of clarification, the text says for GAC you can re-lock your roster at any time, but Doja in the video said that your roster will automatically re-lock at the end of the sign up phase, do we know which it is, those are very different.

Edit: I see the re-save roster button, so I guess really the question is did Doja misspeak when he said your roster locks in at the end of the sign up phase

You can re-lock your roster at anytime during the sign up process with the Re-Save Roster button. I think what Doja was trying to say is that you don't need to wait until the end of sign up and lock your roster. Regardless, what's in the forum post is correct
  • Options

Can’t find the “next month or so” quote. I see them say “in the near future” plenty.

I did find where they stated the next RA would have more details of the next phase, though.

Don’t get me wrong - I think they should deliver on what they stated, and it’s bordering on laughable that they still haven’t done so. But I do think some forumers are massively exaggerating how big an impact the 3 remaining changes from phase 1 will have on roster building.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021

It's in the section right underneath the video.

As for the impact, yea I agree that the two remaining changes from phase 1 won't be that impactful by themselves. But the bigger point is that we should not only already have those in the game, but we should know the phase 2 changes by now. And phase 2 should theoretically have a bigger impact than just those two remaining changes from phase 1
  • Options
    what year did road aheads change from giving us something to look forward to, to just telling us what's coming next week?
  • Options

I also think that some people jump to conclusions that “us forumers” think it will have big/immediate impact.

It obviously will not make a difference over night or even after a month of getting a change.
    It still takes a week or more to get gear from scratch for 1 toon to g12 (it was supposed to help the newer players who have 60 more toons)
    If they had implement “in the near future” which imo is that quarter, so by end of Decembe. Then yes 3 months worth of additional gear would have made a fairly large impact by now that we are in March. Not over exaggerating, if all your energy is hard node farms for character shards ;) that would have been a ton of gear.

Point is
    - they announced in sept 2021
    - They reiterated last month in stotg
    - Near future is not six months later no implementation and missing from next RA update
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't have an update on the gear, or sith raid sim today

Lets see if I have anything to say tomorrow
  • Options

xu16w87sj67x.jpg
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I wonder if we’re going to get the 2 brothers from Rebels now that we have 3 sisters
    oqivqame6t6k.jpeg

• Options

It’s in the post right below the video as others have stated and posted already.

Will it have a massive impact like the first changes did? No, but they certainly will help and like you’ve said, they should’ve delivered on what they promised.

What’s even funnier is that crumb stopped in to clarify one question but casually didn’t mention anything about why the RA included information we already have (mace and RC) and why it’s STILL lacking the rest of the p1 changes and any info on phase 2….this is beyond laughable now.
  • Options
    cryable?
    hello
  • Options
    cryable?

Aside from question what that even means, do you ever contribute anything to posts or conversations besides responding in the negative all the time and condescend to people who are posting legitimate concerns?
  • Decicrim
    228 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't have an update on the gear, or sith raid sim today

Lets see if I have anything to say tomorrow

at this point honestly we can’t expect we will even get these this year :/
    Any praise they got when they announced has gone straight out the winduw.
    If the day ever comes it won’t be a thank u from the community, it will just be a day without an f u from cg

🙈🙉🙊
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    cryable?

Aside from question what that even means, do you ever contribute anything to posts or conversations besides responding in the negative all the time and condescend to people who are posting legitimate concerns?

Maybe an account from Kyno, to seek revenge by being close to trolling?