Start *ing up your Jedis

Prev1

"First Event – Featuring a New Character!
One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for this character in their customized training Battles.
This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.
The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 4, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 4 Stars."

So, it appears that the only way you can unlock the new character, is by having five Jedis at level four or higher, about two weeks from now. So work on getting that Jedi youve been putting off, up to 4* :)

Replies

• Options
    Eeth Koth can be farmed quickly in arena ships, and Ahsoka, QGJ and Guardian in cantina ships. And Barriss in cantina once you reach lvl 69.
  • Options
    The only thing I can say to this is.. :D:D:D .

I love my Jedi!
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    The only thing I can say to this is.. :D:D:D .

I love my Jedi!

Tibi Jedi! Huehuehue /Jabba
  • Options
    Guess I'm happy I've been working on my all Jedi team. Unfortunately I won't be getting many of them starred up past 4* unless I plan on dumping a bunch of cash into the game. GG
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Guess I'm happy I've been working on my all Jedi team. Unfortunately I won't be getting many of them starred up past 4* unless I plan on dumping a bunch of cash into the game. GG

What do you have now, and how many *s are they? There are a few options to grind out that I listed, and both Luminara and JC are extremely easy to farm.

Edit: nvm, thought you said "up to 4*" not past 4*
  • Options
    Currently have lumi 6* JC5* ima gun di 4* QGJ 3*

Who should fill up that fifth spot dont have any other jedi
  • Options
    Currently have lumi 6* JC5* ima gun di 4* QGJ 3*

Who should fill up that fifth spot dont have any other jedi

Would finish QGJ to 4* and then use all arena tokens on Eeth Koth. Which is exactly what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

What do you have now, and how many *s are they? There are a few options to grind out that I listed, and both Luminara and JC are extremely easy to farm.

Edit: nvm, thought you said "up to 4*" not past 4*

I think with the way it is setup, I may actually be able to progress my QGJ, Lumi, JC, and Anakin along with Yoda (Jedi Luke, Jedi Rey, or whoever else they give us) and get them all to 7* together.

Can just farm Cantina 3-A for JC, meanwhile getting the currency to level up QGJ, Lumi I'll pump my Arena tokens into, LS/DS missions for Anakin. Completely takes away from progressing my arena team so we will have to see how good the new Jedi is to see if it is worth it.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

So, it appears that the only way you can unlock the new character, is by having five Jedis at level four or higher, about two weeks from now. So work on getting that Jedi youve been putting off, up to 4* :)

Hopefully you can 'enter' the challenge with as many 4* jedi as you can. I presume it'll be some battle or something. Similar to other challenges, it's ok to enter with less than 5.

I got four 4*+ jedi... :smile:
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Should be done on 7 March. Hope that is within the second window.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Turns out I already have five 7* Jedi. That's nice. ^^

Although I'll have to run through this event with Plo Koon :-/ I'd even prefer Jedi guardian to Koon.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Turns out I already have five 7* Jedi. That's nice. ^^

Although I'll have to run through this event with Plo Koon :-/ I'd even prefer Jedi guardian to Koon.

Do you not like the character (in like the universe) or the hero's IG abilities? Or both of course.
  • Options
    Plo surely can't be so bad you'd rather have the guardian over him haha.
  • Options
    Crap, now that I see how it is setup I won't be able to get whoever it is the first go around. I won't have enough 5* Jedi to do the challenge at that level seeing as though you need to finish that to unlock him at 5* :(
  • Options
    Crap, now that I see how it is setup I won't be able to get whoever it is the first go around. I won't have enough 5* Jedi to do the challenge at that level seeing as though you need to finish that to unlock him at 5* :(

Yeah it was very deflating for me to find out they freaking changed it from 4* to 5*. Having the five at 4* was very easy fr me, but the five at 5* simply is not going to happen :#
  • Options
    I already have 7* Lumi, Ahsoka peanuts away from 6*, Mace 5*, QGJ Eeth Koth 4* & a half

Hopefully I'll have anough time to get it up to 6 before it's up and going!
  • Options
    I guess my pulls of Barriss and Ima Gun Di from bronzium packs were even luckier than they first appeared:)
  • Options
    Unfortunately for me, Cantina is off the table for any Jedi farming. Dooku and Poe only, cos....

Getting Eeth from Arena. Undecided between Mace and Ima to grind away at.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for me, Cantina is off the table for any Jedi farming. Dooku and Poe only, cos....

Getting Eeth from Arena. Undecided between Mace and Ima to grind away at.

It's the best place to farm. But Dooku is a must have. The Mace CAntina is quite generous. It drops more Mace shards than many cantina maps. Try it. One refill. It'll get u 5 to 7 shards.

QGJ and Eeth are also good. And Ashoka. Plenty of good jedi for the free player.

• Options
    Could use some help and direction.
    I think my goal for the first attempt for the Jedi Challenge will be to have the full 5* team to unlock the characters.
    I have around 4k of each resource stocked up for Arena/GW/Cantina.
    I have a ton of gear stock piled so it shouldn't be hard to gear them to at least VI maybe a few to VII

Right now I'm looking at defaulting to use Lumi / QGJ /Ahsoka / Barriss / Mace
    Would it be worth switching to Eeth Koth? Does He unlock at the 4* level?
    It would be roughly 105 shards total if he starts at 4* to get to 5*

7* - Lumi
    5* - QGJ (10/85)
    5* - Ahsoka (19/85)
    4* - Barriss (43/65)
    4* - Mace (46/65)
    4* - JC (25/65)
    4* - Obi-Wan
    4* - Kit Fisto
    4* - Aayla
    2* - Jedi Knight Guardian (16/25)

I know I can't farm Obi/Kit/Aayla but they might be useful for 4* or under

Missing
    Jedi Knight Anakin - 28/80
    Plo Koon - 17/50
    Eeth Koth - 10/50
    Ima-Gun Di - 3/80
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    Options
    So does that mean if we already have 5X 5* Jedis we can unlock the new character in the 1st wk? I bet they have some kind of time delay/cooldown that makes us wait b/t stages to stretch it out over wks. Or some ppl could have a 7* new character in the 1st wk.
  • JayBeefed
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The problem is that if you don't already basically have your team ready now, you won't have it by the time round 1 of the challenge goes live.

Even if you *could* successfully farm a new jedi or two from 0 to the 145 shards you need for 5*, you will still need to spend most of your energy and refreshes on grinding the gear, you will still need to have the droids and credits needed to train them up, and unless you want all of your abilities at 1, you'll need a massive pile of mats to make them strong.

And even though you can farm different jedi in parallel from different sources, then you're just doubling your requirements for gear, mats, etc. Unless you've been stockpiling your resources for a while, that's just not going to happen.

This *might* be possible for a few players, but if you're an average player excited about Yoda, and you're just starting to try an farm an Eeth or a Mace or a QGJ in the hopes of getting them to 5* in time for the challenge, fair warning: you may be disappointed.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out which Jedi would be my best option to level. I don't want to get a garbage character I won't use, I already have Mace Windu for that. This is what I have and can level to 5 easily:

Lumi 7 Star
    JC 5 Star 35/85
    QGJ 4 Star 30/65
    Mace 4 Star 8/65 I figure he is ok to level, it's not that many resources. Redesign maybe good.

Options for 5th
    Ahsoko 2 Star 13/25
    Bariss 5/80
    Eath Koth 1/50

I have Fisto at 3 stars, 41/50 on ayala and other pay to play options but, I am not too interested in that.

I've borrowed Bariss and she is ok. Not sure on the viability of the others. Thanks.

• Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    The problem is that if you don't already basically have your team ready now, you won't have it by the time round 1 of the challenge goes live.

Even if you *could* successfully farm a new jedi or two from 0 to the 145 shards you need for 5*, you will still need to spend most of your energy and refreshes on grinding the gear, you will still need to have the droids and credits needed to train them up, and unless you want all of your abilities at 1, you'll need a massive pile of mats to make them strong.

And even though you can farm different jedi in parallel from different sources, then you're just doubling your requirements for gear, mats, etc. Unless you've been stockpiling your resources for a while, that's just not going to happen.

This *might* be possible for a few players, but if you're an average player excited about Yoda, and you're just starting to try an farm an Eeth or a Mace or a QGJ in the hopes of getting them to 5* in time for the challenge, fair warning: you may be disappointed.

A lot of people have been stockpiling for a month or two at this point. If you invested early into a solid team you ran out of things to farm. I know personally I could raise an entire new team from scratch and fully gear/lvl their abilities to VII/5th rank. Just considering resources however time would limit me more than anything for getting the shards.
  • Options
    my currant Jedi line up:
    Lumi 7*
    JC 6*
    Bariss 4*
    QGJ 4*

And that's it! Apart from having Ashoka at 2* I'm gonna really struggle getting my 5th Jedi in there. I've been saving arena tokens for the past few weeks now and currently have 4.5K. Maybe it's time to go Eath Koth?
  • Options
    Anyone else read the thread title as 'Start ****ing up your Jedi'? Made me laugh though.

I think this is a fun kind of challenge, although having 5 7* of a certain faction is quite the prerequisite. But, giving players incentive to work on characters for different reasons is something I really like.

Luckily I was working on some Jedi already. I finished QGJ and I have a high level Kit and Aayla. JC is ready to be promoted to 7*. I'm working on Luminara and Mace right now.
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Options
    Kevon wrote: »
    So does that mean if we already have 5X 5* Jedis we can unlock the new character in the 1st wk? I bet they have some kind of time delay/cooldown that makes us wait b/t stages to stretch it out over wks. Or some ppl could have a 7* new character in the 1st wk.

I wouldnt be suprised if this is the case. Only 2 levels unlock at one event or something.
  • Options
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    my currant Jedi line up:
    Lumi 7*
    JC 6*
    Bariss 4*
    QGJ 4*

And that's it! Apart from having Ashoka at 2* I'm gonna really struggle getting my 5th Jedi in there. I've been saving arena tokens for the past few weeks now and currently have 4.5K. Maybe it's time to go Eath Koth?

That's my situation exactly. 4k arena tokens saved. Seems like the best/only option for my 5th jedi as well
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have
    6* Luminara 9/100
    5* JC 32/85
    3* Ashoka Tano 26/30
    4* Barris 27/65

Also have 36/80 Anakin and 10/25 Qi Gon Jin and 11/80 Mace Windu.

fastest way for me would be to farm Ashoka in Cantina, but QGJ is obviously superior. And there's a little problem with Barris and Mace sharing Cantina. I suppose I'd hit Barris hard nodes while farming Windu, and see if I'm lucky enough to get both in time.
  • Options
    I have lumi 7* and bariss, Ashoka, JC, mace, and Jg at 4*. Think that's enough or should I pause my nightsister leveling for Jedi?