Start *ing up your Jedis

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Bad luck for me.
    My 5th jedi is Kit Fisto 2*... not farmable.
    Also 2 of my jedis are QGJ and Ahsoka at 2*... from cantina shipments. Not possible to farm both fast... plus Poe
    At least I have 5 jedis I suppose
  • Options
    Lol aint no way i am leveling Guardian...
  • Options
    I want to get 5 characters up to 5 stars and I already have Lumi at 7, JC at 6 and QGJ at 5. I have old Ben 4 30/65, Aayla 4 1/65, Mace 4 6/65, Barris 4 19/65, Eeth 4 4/65, Ima-Gun Di 4 18/65, Kit 4 10/65, JKG 3 26/30, Tano 3 7/30. Which of these at are 4 or below do you think I can level the fastest? I don't have much time so I will have to ignore the shards I normally get and go for Jedi only. Thanks!
  • Jek_Face
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just wasted 200 crystals on a refill for Mace. 2 shards. Not so generous after all.
  • Options
    Ha, the RNG is random. Any one persons luck is not indicative of generous or not.
  • Options
    QGJ is cheap. Lvled and geared he'll be fine at 2* with meh 7* JC and Lumi, meh 4* ahsoka and 5* Eet Kock are all elite
  • Options
    So to get the character to 7* we will have to have 5, 7* Jedi?

I can't decide what to do. I don't think I can get 2 5* to 6* in a week and a 4* there also. And I really don't know when event will start.

7* Lumi (max)
    5* Bariss (0 of 85 to 6*)
    6* Qui-Gon (15 of 100 to 7*)
    5* JC (20 of 85 to 6*)

Then I don't have a 5th Jedi I've got

4* Ashoka (20 of 65 to 5*)
    4* Plo-koon (0 of 65 to 5*)

What should I do?

Farm Ashoka from Cantina -cause right now I need to be buying Qui-Gon and Poe.

Farm Mace from scratch (looks good after update) but only have like 6 Mace shards.

Farm Plo-Koon to 5* for event from Cantina board instead of GS, Mace, or Barriss.
  • Options
    I've got Guardian at 4* from my mistaken forays into Chromiums before I stopped buying them. I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and get her to 5*. It'll be way faster than trying to grind my 2* QGJ up in time.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    It's the cost that kills me. What is it like 2.5mill to put a character from 1 to 70? And almost 2 to start them up to 7... My Han has been waiting for a while to hit 7* because I have no credits
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    The problem is that if you don't already basically have your team ready now, you won't have it by the time round 1 of the challenge goes live.

Even if you *could* successfully farm a new jedi or two from 0 to the 145 shards you need for 5*, you will still need to spend most of your energy and refreshes on grinding the gear, you will still need to have the droids and credits needed to train them up, and unless you want all of your abilities at 1, you'll need a massive pile of mats to make them strong.

And even though you can farm different jedi in parallel from different sources, then you're just doubling your requirements for gear, mats, etc. Unless you've been stockpiling your resources for a while, that's just not going to happen.

This *might* be possible for a few players, but if you're an average player excited about Yoda, and you're just starting to try an farm an Eeth or a Mace or a QGJ in the hopes of getting them to 5* in time for the challenge, fair warning: you may be disappointed.

I think most people have a 6*+ lumi and 4+* JC.

If the average person gets GW cleared enough for 800 tokens they should get lumi to 7* in 10 days

Switch Arena to Eeth, the way arena rewards are awarded you should be able to get 2 pulls per day. 66 pulls needed for 7* so 33 days.

Pull QGJ from Cantina, everyone should be able to afford 1 cantina refill per day. Farming 10 energy missions (Mace or JC) that results in 1.02 pulls per day, 66 pulls needed so 65 days. Note that if you level up you can farm more and reduces days.

Farm Mace in the Cantina, assuming 1 refill that should be 8.4 shards per day, also farm his force mission and you get 9.4. 330/9.4=35 days.

Farm JC from cantina, after Mace or alternate... and do all 3 force missions. 3.15 per the 35 days for mace is 110, that leaves 140 for 7* is 12 more days so 47 total days.

There you go the average person should be able to get a full 7* jedi team in 65 days if you are currently level 70 and can only afford 1 cantina refresh per day. If you buy crystals or otherwise afford 2 per day that ups QGJ rate to 1.53 shipments per day which drops him to 43 days, it also drops Mace and JC days significantly but they aren't the bottleneck. They said they would wait "weeks" before the second round of the event, if those weeks are 3rd week of March everyone should be fine. Personally I should have all at 5* by the end of the first window while only the whales or people who farmed the weak jedi's early will have the exclusive 7* next week. But whales need cookies so that should make them happy.
    Imbicatus wrote: »
    I have lumi 7* and bariss, Ashoka, JC, mace, and Jg at 4*. Think that's enough or should I pause my nightsister leveling for Jedi?

Well if you push jedi I doubt you could get 3 more from 4 to 7* but you could get 3 more to 5* for the unlock and you should be able to get them all to 7* by the second window. Without knowing the dates of the second window its hard to say, as you can see above cantina shipments will bottleneck you for QGJ/Ashoka.
  • Options
    I think the main thing people need to realize, is that you don't have to get them all to 7* the very first time. You are unlikely going to be able to fully unlock and 7* whoever it is we get the very first go around. I think aiming for 5x 5* is going to be the best bet for the first time around. Maybe they will allow us enough attempts at it to get them unlocked the first time around. Currently with the progress I have at the moment, just getting it at 5* right now would put it on par with everything else I have. I have been a bit scatter brained and spread out.

My GW team is not the same team I use in arena so I have those two teams going. I also have a DS team and a LS team. I have cut it down to working on 12 guys for now, but it is really wrecking havoc with me really getting a geared out and awesome arena team going. I can hover in the top 20 so I guess for now that is good enough. For the most part I get enough crystals per day to cover my refills in cantina and on missions. Also, it allows me my two pulls a day on arena shipments, and ensures my 800 GW crystals.

So for me I'm not going to drop everything and rush all my Jedi to 7*. Would like to make sure I have 5x 5* though and trying to decide between Mace or Plo sucks.
  • Options
    My current Jedi Lineup:

6* Lumi
    6* JC
    4* Barriss
    4* Mace
    3* Ashoka

And that's it. I actually have exactly 5 Jedis. I'll try to get Ashoka 4* ready at least for the first time of the event.

I'm glad they gave us a heads up of what was coming. I hope they do this for every events, so we can prepare on time.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    I'm feeling quite happy at going with my gut and leveling Ashoka instead of Daka when the game global launched. Got 7* Ashoka and Luminara already and 5* Mace and JC. QGJ is 24 shards off 5* but I've been stockpiling my arena earnings for the last couple of weeks so I'm confident I can get him to 5* by the start of the week with cantina refreshes.

My biggest problem is hitting 6* for the next cycle of the event as JC and Mace come from the same source, so I've started farming Eeth Koth under the reasoning that it'll take 19 or so days to get him from 35/50 to 6*. I'll also drop from 2 cantina refreshes to 1 after QGJ hits 5* to get the most out of the rest of my stockpile, looks like its going to turn from a sprint to a marathon real fast.

I kind of like the idea around the event. You get your team to the best * level you can for it and the goal for the next time it comes round is to do 1 better. I find I need goals like this on a regular basis or I just start getting a bit burned out from the daily grind, also keeps up the need to compete for the top 20 of my arena bracket ^^ Had started to get lazy ;)
  • Options
    Don't you people think that they might add characters to shipments? I'm reluctant to invest my Arena tokens into Koth, who's pretty much useless.
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think that unless you haven't been exploring the game at all, probably no chance to you, but if you did try this and that then there is your chance to farm these last bits and pieces so you can be ready for the event, if not try the long run where you'd likely be 1 event behind in terms of * and level/gear next to others who already had it almost half way ready when the patch notes came live and started the grind asap
  • Options
    Im pretty dead in the water for this, only got JC and Lumi at 5* and Ahsoka/QGJ at 2* as my focus has been on droid arena team- which has served me very well mind.

I do wonder though, is it really worth switching focus from your existing squads to level up mediocre Jedis just so you can get the new hero(who is going to be v hard to star to 7)and may not even be THAT good?

Seems like a huge opportunity cost to me, sure in the longer run i will look toward a possible Jedi GW team, but i certainly wont be making a bullrush to get Jedis up straight away.
  • Options
    The answer to this ^ is, "no."
  • Options
    ill just be upset if the new char is someone I don't like or who is not very good.. or the stages are too hard for my mish mash of jedi.. im hoping w lum JC and bariss ill be able to survive any of the rounds.. lets hope they don't add a speed timer to any levels lol.. i could see that feature in the future for some events
  • Options
    Is there proof this is happening
  • Options

The answer to it is "maybe; it depends." I will be focusing farming shards on QGJ, Barriss and Eeth Koth. 2 of the 3 are very good heroes that I will end up using a lot in GW and Arena, and the third costs me nothing since I had Sid at 7* and dont really care for anybody else in arena shipments.
  • Options
    Bigsy15 wrote: »
    Is there proof this is happening

The quote in the OP is straight from EA Jesse's post in the general forum. Yes this is happening
  • Options
    I have lumi 7* and bariss, Ashoka, JC, mace, and Jg at 4*. Think that's enough or should I pause my nightsister leveling for Jedi?

Based on my experience, you should pause your Nightsister leveling forever. (Except Daka)
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

The answer to it is "maybe; it depends." I will be focusing farming shards on QGJ, Barriss and Eeth Koth. 2 of the 3 are very good heroes that I will end up using a lot in GW and Arena, and the third costs me nothing since I had Sid at 7* and dont really care for anybody else in arena shipments.

I'm focus farming QGJ, Eeth Koth and Mace as well, but I don't need to derail my whole strategy to do it. If another player needs to do a hard u-turn to try and rapidly build a mediocre jedi team for the challenge, I would say that no, it's not worth it given the unknowns at this point.
  • Options
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    Just wasted 200 crystals on a refill for Mace. 2 shards. Not so generous after all.
    Ha, the RNG is random. Any one persons luck is not indicative of generous or not.

It has been pretty bad for me too. I have 11 shards in 51 attempts so far over two days.
    Really, over my last week, I am rethinking the conventional wisdom of 33% on cantina drop rates. I have been about 25% in total
  • Options
    I really like the idea of this event but won't stop my current farming to bull rush Jedis to higher star levels. Cantina is Poe for at least two more weeks, so that's out. I've got Dooku to 6*, and intend to continue to seven which will also probably take one-two weeks depending on luck. Then I can start Bariss or Mace of which I have none. Final 5 Jedis will be Lumi, Bariss, JC, Mace and I have no idea...

So when the event first arrives I won't be able to go past stage two, but the next time I'll be better prepared.
    (I already have a 6* Lumi and 4* JC, 3* Secura and 2* Ashooka).