Is it intentional that all low level players should only use rebels if they want to be succesful

Prev1
danflorian1984
986 posts Member
edited March 2017
So after all the nerf Wiggs,do something about rebels etc. threads, after all the shards with players lower than 85 being infected with rebel teams, their solution was this update? Shoretrooper is practically imposible to get by low FTP players, for EP you need another 5 toons, but everybody can farm Wiggs and R1 characters ( minus Baze like that will make a difference). Are you friggin kidding me?

Apparently devs don't " believe" in nerfing toons other than by releasing counters, but they haven't release any toons that can compete with Wiggs on lower levels other than Shoretrooper while releasing a ton of great rebels to help Wiggs teams.
Honestly, how can a 60-85 player can compete against a Wiggs + Chirrut + any other 2 toons team?

I don't get it, do they had studies made that concluded that everyone one using the same teams is enjoyable to players, do they not care to attract new ones or to keep low leveled ones?

Anyway, for all those rebels users, Congratulations, we are one step closer to the game you dreamed off, just make sure that your rebels are faster than the other rebels.

And for all those 85 level players who like to bragg about how diverse are their boards, also Congratz, but nobody gives a **** when more than 80% of players used rebels on their boards, and that before Chirrut was made easily farmable. But as long as things are good for you others can go to hell, no ?

Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i don't think so. Chirrut is trash without baze. true, he's versatile, but in no way meta.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see anything wrong with different factions being better depending on how long you've played. I wish i could have had a full rebel squad when i started instead of mashing together random toons with no synergy (phasma, chewy, lumi, sidious, boba). If anything it encourages you to expand your roster instead of using the same 10 toons for a year
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i don't think so. Chirrut is trash without baze. true, he's versatile, but in no way meta.

Is not about how goog Chirrut is, is about how better Wiggs (already OP on lower levels) will be by adding Chirrut (and the other R1 toons).
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    On average(regardless of level) you can see how Wiggs mostly dissappeared from top spots while they still reign in top 100 (but gradually fading nevertheless). https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

Yes, Baze does matter. I will slip chase into my team as soon as I can unlock Baze just because chase goes fine with anything non-rebel too. I doubt this new development will mean a rebel incursion when Baze unlock for f2p is months away. Time will tell.

This move by cg has nothing to do with this or that meta, just their pledge to move toons to farmable spots 4-6 weeks after their chromium release and it marks the point where there will be no 6 months or arbitrary time period waits before toons become farmable. In the long run you'll be happy this is the case.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I dont see anything wrong with different factions being better depending on how long you've played. I wish i could have had a full rebel squad when i started instead of mashing together random toons with no synergy (phasma, chewy, lumi, sidious, boba). If anything it encourages you to expand your roster instead of using the same 10 toons for a year

So we should make them feel that nobody is going to buy toons, which arent as good as rebels.. Oh yeah.. They noticed this and release new rebels, that ppl buy them
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Is not about how goog Chirrut is, is about how better Wiggs (already OP on lower levels) will be by adding Chirrut (and the other R1 toons).

Wiggs isnt mich better with only chirrut... Chirrut only gets good with baze... So wiggs + chirrut + baze + whatever
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Of course you don't see anything wrong with that if you are or were using that said faction. But if playing the "Who has the fastest rebels appeals to you" then more power to you.

Anyway if different factions were better at different levels then you might had a point, but right now is rebels meta for low-medium players and the flavor of the month meta ( with rebels still at least competitive each month) for high level players. So is more like using 5 ( rebel) toons for a year.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    On average(regardless of level) you can see how Wiggs mostly dissappeared from top spots while they still reign in top 100 (but gradually fading nevertheless). https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

Yes, Baze does matter. I will slip chase into my team as soon as I can unlock Baze just because chase goes fine with anything non-rebel too. I doubt this new development will mean a rebel incursion when Baze unlock for f2p is months away. Time will tell.

This move by cg has nothing to do with this or that meta, just their pledge to move toons to farmable spots 4-6 weeks after their chromium release and it marks the point where there will be no 6 months or arbitrary time period waits before toons become farmable. In the long run you'll be happy this is the case.

Maybe it wasn't devs intention to enhance the rebel meta with this update but it sure was the result. Making available some counters (new toons or reworked old ones) beforehand or at the same time would have really helped soften the blow, but they just didn' t care either way.

Most of the statistics on swgog apply for higher players. Nobody uses Vader or Maul as a leader without zeta, and only high players have zetas. If you don' t believe me ask any lower player about his shards, or even better read a thread, several weeks old, that disscused wiggs procentages on shards.
  • Options
    actually it's Jyn led wiggs chaze.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wiggs isnt mich better with only chirrut... Chirrut only gets good with baze... So wiggs + chirrut + baze + whatever

I don't think you remember/ or realised how limited are the counter options against Wiggs for medium and low players. One of the few ones was: make a debuffing team and pray for good RNG. Chirrut is a cleanser and a healer, you do the math.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's no different than what all of us faced when we were in the process of getting to lvl 60-70-80 at the time. 1 meta team almost everyone was using. I didn't care about it back then and i still don't care about it right now. I've seen more QGJ's in arena than you've seen wiggs' that's for damm sure.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    If only you were playing this game when they use to nerf toons you would see why us really old players hate them and why Devs finally stoped nerfing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Low lvl choices that are not rebels..
    Kylo, maul, jedi, phasma,droids,ep,sith (if you were in at just the right point), dooku...

There are many good toons that can compete with them in low lvl arena.

And to answer you title question, no. There is a reason you need jedi to get yoda, scoundrels for heists and a good roster for GW. They do try to promote diversity.

Shore and baze are 2 very solid toons born of the new tier in power creep, they will solid toons for a while you could almost call then "end game".
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    it's no different than what all of us faced when we were in the process of getting to lvl 60-70-80 at the time. 1 meta team almost everyone was using. I didn't care about it back then and i still don't care about it right now. I've seen more QGJ's in arena than you've seen wiggs' that's for damm sure.

While QGJ was meta at some point, jedi were not, while Rey was meta, Resistance team was not, while even Daka was apparently meta at a point Nightsisters were not. So is not the same situation, an OP toon vs an OP team. Sure always have been better toons than others, but they were not an entire team, and you never had to farm 12 toons to compete against QGJ or Rey like you need against Wiggs ( Shoretrooper, EP, 5 rebels for EP and the 5 arena members you had until you can farm EP and Shore).
    Also while each meta toon had a couple/ several months in wich they were meta, the rebel meta is going strong for about 8 months, and it will go on stronger with the new additions.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had a thread on this which can be seen here -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/98067/galaxy-of-rebels

Too much over-dependency on rebels for progression in this game. It makes them too crucial.
  • Options
    i think the dev's have a rebel fetish. but they aren't going to spread that garbage my way.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kylo, maul, jedi, phasma,droids,ep,sith (if you were in at just the right point), dooku...

And to answer you title question, no. There is a reason you need jedi to get yoda, scoundrels for heists and a good roster for GW. They do try to promote diversity.

Shore and baze are 2 very solid toons born of the new tier in power creep, they will solid toons for a while you could almost call then "end game".

I disagree with you, most of the toons you listed are not really viabe against Wiggs team, and definitely not against Wiggs+ Chirrut. Many lower leveled players in my guild tried sith , and a few of the higher level players made a second account for this purpose, guess what, they all use rebels now ( the new accounts still use sith and they suck). Droids indeed can be viable against Wiggs ( or so I heard since I never saw or fight against a droid team in arena or GW) and nobody in my guild ( most of us leveled between 40-80ish) have ever used them since there are no incentives to use them comparatively with the rebels, and they suck at higher levels. There are a few jedi teams in my guild, all struggling to cath top 500, so this another one the good choices you enumerated.

Of course you need many teams in GW, but I was talking about arena, you know practically the only source of crystals for F2P players that can' t afford to buy Vaults.

And funny you brought in discussion Baze and Shore, 2 great toons that U need to have once again a great light team (usually rebels) to farm, just like you needed for EP. Apparently you are not allowed to have a great dark team without having a light one first, while there are no restrictions for having a light one, just rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

While QGJ was meta at some point, jedi were not, while Rey was meta, Resistance team was not, while even Daka was apparently meta at a point Nightsisters were not. So is not the same situation, an OP toon vs an OP team. Sure always have been better toons than others, but they were not an entire team, and you never had to farm 12 toons to compete against QGJ or Rey like you need against Wiggs ( Shoretrooper, EP, 5 rebels for EP and the 5 arena members you had until you can farm EP and Shore).
    Also while each meta toon had a couple/ several months in wich they were meta, the rebel meta is going strong for about 8 months, and it will go on stronger with the new additions.

So you're saying that needing a faction based team is worse than plug and play far superior toons? The main argument for rey being OP back in the day was because she fitted on every team.
    anyway, no sence in arguing, you clearly feel different about it than i do.
  • Options
    Yes. And if you end up wanting to get mods, might as well just bend over and farm everything else you don't want to, also.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I disagree with you, most of the toons you listed are not really viabe against Wiggs team, and definitely not against Wiggs+ Chirrut. Many lower leveled players in my guild tried sith , and a few of the higher level players made a second account for this purpose, guess what, they all use rebels now ( the new accounts still use sith and they suck). Droids indeed can be viable against Wiggs ( or so I heard since I never saw or fight against a droid team in arena or GW) and nobody in my guild ( most of us leveled between 40-80ish) have ever used them since there are no incentives to use them comparatively with the rebels, and they suck at higher levels. There are a few jedi teams in my guild, all struggling to cath top 500, so this another one the good choices you enumerated.

Of course you need many teams in GW, but I was talking about arena, you know practically the only source of crystals for F2P players that can' t afford to buy Vaults.

And funny you brought in discussion Baze and Shore, 2 great toons that U need to have once again a great light team (usually rebels) to farm, just like you needed for EP. Apparently you are not allowed to have a great dark team without having a light one first, while there are no restrictions for having a light one, just rewards.

All good points but you are focused on a particular segment of the game at a very narrow spot in their development. The game is not so focused and there are many toons you "need" at lower lvl's that get benched and basically never touched again (Chewie ).

You need rebels just like you need jedi, they get you to the later game content, I don't really see a problem with that.

In the devs defense if they did release shore at a lower lvl it would cause people to skip right over rebels and another single "meta" would take their place.

I see the long run of the game as a learning curve, first is basically a hodge podge of who you can get, then you get into the synergy toons which tend to be just pure dps (rebels) then you move onto more strategic teams using buffs and debuffs, (empire/sith/rex).

I also forgot to mention boba, who basically sits in wait for chirrut on a rebel team.

The current state of lower lvl players are building off and working off our old information. I bet there are some good combinations that can compete but people don't always farm the right toons because everyone else is using/saying something else. It's hard to be a leader from behind.

Rebels are a good farm, useful at low lvl, and in HAAT (basically end game), they get you EP. They have scoundrels that cross over to heists and they can help you get through LS nodes. Being useful in arena at 1 point in the game is not game breaking and those people will still need to farm other toons eventually. This is the devs throwing a bone and letting people get knee deep without stalling. But they can't single team you through the game...
  • Options

Of course you don't see anything wrong with that if you are or were using that said faction. But if playing the "Who has the fastest rebels appeals to you" then more power to you.

This is basically why this game sucks and is broken.
  • Options
    Ladder littered with ftp empire/sith teams and this poster in here crying abiut rebels still ****
  • NePlusUltra_kRh
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Rebels are a good farm, useful at low lvl, and in HAAT (basically end game), they get you EP. They have scoundrels that cross over to heists and they can help you get through LS nodes. Being useful in arena at 1 point in the game is not game breaking and those people will still need to farm other toons eventually. This is the devs throwing a bone and letting people get knee deep without stalling. But they can't single team you through the game...

Rebels don't work through the whole game. But they will work from unlocking them to mid 80s. A time that in my opinion is too long.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Rebels don't work through the whole game. But they will work from unlocking them to mid 80s. A time that in my opinion is too long.

realistically speaking, how many characters can you get up to snuff (let's say g10) from player lvl 1 till lvl 80? I've hit a few lvl caps along the way so I honestly don't know.
  • Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Ladder littered with ftp empire/sith teams and this poster in here crying abiut rebels still ****

You did see the low level players in the title, did you not?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That's funny, because after lvl 80 they still work in HAAT and seem pretty solid in ships. IMO.

Why would you want toons that you put so much work into developing just go to the bench. I want as many toons as possible to be useful in as many places as possible and then only real need to change meta being arena, and then as toons leave meta, hope they have a place to keep them relevant.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I would say rebels are a strong team to farm for any new or low level player to have a successful start to the game.

Having said that, scoundrels are also an important team. Indeed they are the bread and butter that allow for gaining more training droids and credits essential to build any team in the game.

So rebels and scoundrels are important farms for any new or low level player.

Additionally some rebels cross over as scoundrels (STHan and Lando) so this does make some of the farming involved for both teams a little less painful.