Boba Fett no longer a top threat?

Prev1
Just a month ago EVERYONE was running this guy in arena. Now I only see like 5 in the top 50 of my arena. Seems like most people either replaced him with Kylo or moved on to different builds. Honestly facing bobas isn't very scary.. He seems kinda weak actually.

An end of an era. Boba Fett 2/17-3/17.

Replies

• sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Boba still has a really good set of tools, but Nihilus is all that and a bag of Sith.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    As some would say "Flavor of the Month"
  • Options
    He is still a very good character and the first that should be farmed from cantina store. May no longer be the meta leader but still has a place in most squads that don't run Zaul.
  • Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    He is still a very good character and the first that should be farmed from cantina store. May no longer be the meta leader but still has a place in most squads that don't run Zaul.

Not even just as leader... Even zader teams aren't running him. But yea a great character just not the best anymore.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    He's a clutch part of my anti-meta squad. But not the king he was.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i'm glad i didn't zeta my Boba, sigh, tho he's still on my arena team as i'm slowly working on maxing out the rest of my squad
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

Not even just as leader... Even zader teams aren't running him. But yea a great character just not the best anymore.
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    He's a clutch part of my anti-meta squad. But not the king he was.

Yep agreed but I still use him:) partly because he was soooo **** difficult to gear to XI and also he still has his uses. Between him and TFP I can kept the main threats ability blocked and execute those pesky buffers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I did sub him out, but he still has a place in the anti meta. He is a key toon for sure, but no place in the sith meta.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus is the go-to plug and play toon for what Boba did now. Does pretty much the same things but a bit better and benefits from Zaul & SA.
  • Options
    I'm curious who would you put instead of boba in a zader team ? yes he is not empire nor sith but execute+speed+ability block+revive on execution is very useful ! Nihilus can ability block but by the time he uses annihilate the game is already settled...
    (Ps : I run zader zidious TFP Boba SF/shore, and I have Nihilus and DT ready at gear X 3*)
  • Options
    Boburt Fettman will be back as King as soon as Jango Fett and Bossk are implemented.
  • Options
    I have him comfortably sitting on the sidelines with gear X waiting for his next moment in the sun
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious who would you put instead of boba in a zader team ? yes he is not empire nor sith but execute+speed+ability block+revive on execution is very useful ! Nihilus can ability block but by the time he uses annihilate the game is already settled...
    (Ps : I run zader zidious TFP Boba SF/shore, and I have Nihilus and DT ready at gear X 3*)

Not entirely true. I've used Annihilate 3x in a match before. And it was the first kill. Those triple cleanse teams are rough man. Rough.... Looking at you GK, Chaze, Zarriss, and DN. Had to annihilate GK. Then DN as he was about to annihilate one of mine. Then Zarriss. On the bright side, my Nihilus's max health pool at that point was amazing! 32k + 30k + 23k + base health of 17k = 102k health + had some protection left on him so like 15k Protection at the time.
  • Options
    Boba still very useful on any arena squad. His leadership is no longer great because of speedy maul.

I run my Boba on a Maul squad and he fits perfectly. The bounty hunter kit is very good all around.
  • Options
    Use him as lead on my arena squad. Between him and Nihilus, I can keep opponents in check. I also run Phasma, and with Advantage, his Execute can deal ridiculous damage. Had it deal upwards of 15k damage at times.

Haven't found a better lead for arena yet (lvl 76), but I'm sure I'll replace him eventually. He definitely has helped me against all the rebel skum in my shard.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    For whom I replaced boba in a zVader team?
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I see him in the top 10 occasionally; he's not a threat at all to my team

Edit: Guy has Bob...easy target
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i'm glad i didn't zeta my Boba, sigh, tho he's still on my arena team as i'm slowly working on maxing out the rest of my squad
    Agreed. He was totally worth the gear, but not a Zeta. I can only justify a Zeta on a leader ability, or a universal unique like Zarriss (my only Zeta toon).

Zooey wrote: »
    Nihilus is the go-to plug and play toon for what Boba did now. Does pretty much the same things but a bit better and benefits from Zaul & SA.

Yes, Nihilus is a bigger, badder, better Boba. But for free players gearing up a toon that can't be 7* for months (maybe a year in the case of Baze), and can't be used in raids... that's a consideration. I'm surviving in arena with my Boba, and I'm not running a Sith team. So I'm sticking with Boba a bit longer.
  • Options
    Boba is still useful, and will continue to be viable. He's on a list of very handy plug-and-play characters who can fit into a variety of squads. While a lot of people have moved to Nihilus, Boba is significantly faster, and can do other important things like ignore taunts (those few times a Nihilus has annihilated someone on my team, it's either Shoretrooper or irrelevant because the match is already decided). Boba has the type of kit that can survive meta shifts, which is a nice thing.
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Boburt Fettman will be back as King as soon as Jango Fett and Bossk are implemented.

Yes this, let's call it... August...

• Options

That may have been true maybe only a few weeks ago...but there's a few toons now that are nearing the point of impossible to kill under normal means. zSO is one - Dooku under a DN leader in the right comp is insane - zKylo can be when the AI gets off his zeta skill - and chaze / GK cleanse team combos with zBarriss can be rough if they get ten up and start healing consistently on you. zDM can also be very hard to kill once in a while if he's left last and has built up a big health pool. Sith Trooper with dodge under zDM or heal under a zDN leader is also a LONG kill. That will probably continue as well with more zetas released in the game that take them to another level.
  • Options
    Boba's execute is still wonderful because it is available faster than DN's annihilate and it ignores taunts..
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I still use him in my arena team (top 30-50) until I move on to zQGJ. He's still a toon to have against Chaze and for hAAT along with zVader.

I also use him in rancor as an alternative team along with GS for the +50% CD where GS can make a lot of damage.
  • Options
    I've seen him being run in a many a zader squad. He's perfect with debuff teams. He's not absent, he's just and opportunistic toon.
  • Options

That may have been true maybe only a few weeks ago...but there's a few toons now that are nearing the point of impossible to kill under normal means. zSO is one - Dooku under a DN leader in the right comp is insane - zKylo can be when the AI gets off his zeta skill - and chaze / GK cleanse team combos with zBarriss can be rough if they get ten up and start healing consistently on you. zDM can also be very hard to kill once in a while if he's left last and has built up a big health pool. Sith Trooper with dodge under zDM or heal under a zDN leader is also a LONG kill. That will probably continue as well with more zetas released in the game that take them to another level.

Those impossible to kill toons you are speaking about... Boba eat them for breakfast ! Zavage has never been a problem for me ! The more buffs/debuff he has, easier to kill he is :)
  • Options
    He just no longer fits in the maul zeta but I think he's not replaceable in a zader team. Ignoring taunt + the debuffs = kill who you want
  • Options
    While he may not be a "top threat", he is still a stud for me. I did use a zeta in him, mainly because I use him everywhere arena, gw, raids, etc. I don't regret it. When he is down to a single bar a life and you can kill someone off, it feels like it triples his health back. Also for me he is still very viable in arena. I'm almost always in the top 10 with a f2p NON-ZAUL (heaven forbid!) team and his excecute is huge mainly because it can't miss and all the buff/debuff stacking these days! Again, I don't regret gearing or zetaing him at all.
  • Options
    The most annoying part of boba is : all debuff vanished when you kill him and he resurects.

Had lost battles because killed him 3-4 times, can't control him, and with RNGesus god he always crit + double attacks on a toon and killed it (or execute always crit with 30% chance but you already know the music).

Pretty annoying in this case.

Second most annoying part of boba is he always locks every character when played by AI. Always... xD
    He is still a very good character, and should always been, considered as a true threat because sometimes things can go out of control, and boba is able to rekt you in this case.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    The reason boba is not a top threat is because after he got buffed; zader started coming into the meta. Under zader teams and VS chaze squads its very easy to get many debuffs/buffs stacked and boba was able to execute with crazy numbers. Now that zader is fixed we don't see much zader. Boba did have a good leader ability but it used for ether bounty hunter teams or mixed teams. Nowadays most teams are factionized and have their own certain best leader.
    Last I checked Nihilus will hit harder with his 1shot ability than boba would.
  • Options
    Holding down top spot with Zeta Vader an Sid, TFP, Boba, and Shoretrooper.

One two punch of TFP and Boba works for me.