Boba Fett no longer a top threat?

2Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Alot of people have switched to either Rex lead or running Rex and/or GK to cleanse due to all the Sith teams. Boba is nearly as effective in/against those types of teams.

And honestly, there are still plenty of teams in my top 20 that run him (in fact 2 run Boba leads still).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I run Emperor, Vader, Fett, Shoretrooper, and TFP. All gear 11, 85, 7 star.

I've reached rank 59 and I'm mostly free-to-play. The teams I can't beat are Zeta'ed or are whales. I have no Zetas AND I'm on a launch shard.

And I don't even have Boba Fett modded correctly. Currently in the mod farming mode.

Come to think of it, MOST of my squad isn't modded correctly.

So I would say Fett is still very viable.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I switch him in and out depending who I'm facing. He's still my goto against Chaze. He just crushes Chirrut with all those HoTs.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I switch him in and out depending who I'm facing. He's still my goto against Chaze. He just crushes Chirrut with all those HoTs.

This. ^
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Still using Boba

Boburt Fettman for Life
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    The reason boba is not a top threat is because after he got buffed; zader started coming into the meta. Under zader teams and VS chaze squads its very easy to get many debuffs/buffs stacked and boba was able to execute with crazy numbers. Now that zader is fixed we don't see much zader. Boba did have a good leader ability but it used for ether bounty hunter teams or mixed teams. Nowadays most teams are factionized and have their own certain best leader.
    Last I checked Nihilus will hit harder with his 1shot ability than boba would.

Yes but Boba can target outside of taunt and his execute isn't as situational as DN. If you ability block DN early its hard for him to charge up Annihilate

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Valace21 wrote: »
    The reason boba is not a top threat is because after he got buffed; zader started coming into the meta. Under zader teams and VS chaze squads its very easy to get many debuffs/buffs stacked and boba was able to execute with crazy numbers. Now that zader is fixed we don't see much zader. Boba did have a good leader ability but it used for ether bounty hunter teams or mixed teams. Nowadays most teams are factionized and have their own certain best leader.

Yes but Boba can target outside of taunt and his execute isn't as situational as DN. If you ability block DN early its hard for him to charge up Annihilate

If you run your team right, Nihilus uses force drain before the other team goes. 95% of the time my Nihilus starts his second turn with annihilate on 3. I have both 7* Boba and 4* Nihilus at g11 and run Nilly instead. Partially becuase of a Zaul lead, but also because annihilate isn't as dependent on buffs/debuffs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

If you run your team right, Nihilus uses force drain before the other team goes. 95% of the time my Nihilus starts his second turn with annihilate on 3. I have both 7* Boba and 4* Nihilus at g11 and run Nilly instead. Partially becuase of a Zaul lead, but also because annihilate isn't as dependent on buffs/debuffs.

that won't work without zMaul. (it wouldn't either with my mods regardless of zmaul xD) Other than that i agree that 4* nilly is better than 7* boba. Since i'm not moving first anyway, nilly would probably be better for me aswell, but i'm saving gear for other characters. In the meanwhile boba does what he needs to do.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • OldDakaNewBarber
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Not even just as leader... Even zader teams aren't running him. But yea a great character just not the best anymore.
    Holding down top spot with Zeta Vader an Sid, TFP, Boba, and Shoretrooper.
    2 weeks ago this configuration held the #3 most popular squad in the swgoh.gg meta report. As of today it's fallen to #12, but yeah, this has been the only Zader team configuration I've ever seen on the report. Fett is still relevant in zader teams, for sure.

edit: should have specified ranking was for #1 team spots. When increasing to ranks 1-100, Boba is in 5 of the top 10 teams, and the Vader/EP/TFP/Boba/Shore squad is by far and away the most commonly used team.
  • Options
    what ?! Boba isn't meta anymore??? geez. I feel like I just put him on my team with Zader, EP, TFP, and Dooku/ Sidious.... who goes in his spot now?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

that won't work without zMaul. (it wouldn't either with my mods regardless of zmaul xD) Other than that i agree that 4* nilly is better than 7* boba. Since i'm not moving first anyway, nilly would probably be better for me aswell, but i'm saving gear for other characters. In the meanwhile boba does what he needs to do.

That's true - and perhaps more Zaul leads is why Boba has slipped a little in terms of usage. Nihilus is simply the better of the two under a zMaul lead with the initial speed boost and stealth.

• Options
    He's a good one, no question. Fits well on almost any team, and with a zeta he's amazingly durable. But I've never considered him a top threat in arena. He may execute one of my team, but that's all he'll get. If you jump him and stay on him, you can kill him quickly.
  • Options
    Boba still a champ, against Dodgy Sith his execute comes in handy, people mod him for speed too much, still needs damage and CC

I run Rex lead, GK, Zarriss, Zylo, Boba
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

That's true - and perhaps more Zaul leads is why Boba has slipped a little in terms of usage. Nihilus is simply the better of the two under a zMaul lead with the initial speed boost and stealth.

zMaul + nihilus is the new wiggs imo. i'm amazed general discussion isn't filling up with complaints about that combo tbh. Unfortunately i'm not part of this new cheezeball meta. I'm pretty sure i can beat more teams on offence than the guys that are beating me with zmaul. I guess i now know what those others were feeling all this time ;) I've got a complaint thread ready to go in my drafts, just in case ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    I use him all the time, I have a lot of zeta savages on my shard and he takes care of them so well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

zMaul + nihilus is the new wiggs imo. i'm amazed general discussion isn't filling up with complaints about that combo tbh. Unfortunately i'm not part of this new cheezeball meta. I'm pretty sure i can beat more teams on offence than the guys that are beating me with zmaul. I guess i now know what those others were feeling all this time ;) I've got a complaint thread ready to go in my drafts, just in case ^_^

Hey! I like the cheezeball meta! ;)