Planning on switching to Zader

I recently got Palpatine to 7 stars so I switched my arena to: Palpatine (Leader), Vader, Royal Guard, Boba Fett, TIE Pilot.

Eventually though I want to do Zader, but i'm debating if i should use Sidious, Kylo Ren, or Nihilus and switch them out with my current team members. Should use all 3? If not who do I switch out? Keep in mind I haven't started working on Kylo at all, not even unlocked, and Nihilus is only at 4 stars. I do not have access to Shoretrooper. Any advice is welcome. The current meta is not of concern, my long term goal was always to switch to the dark side once I got Palpatine and Vader where I wanted them.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Options
    RG isn't going to do much for you, I'd swap him out for Sid at the very least and put a zeta on him when you can. Nihilus is probably a better choice than Boba at this point, depending on gear.
  • Options
    Palpatine is worth keeping for Zader groups?
  • Options
    Yes, despite not having a zeta he is still very good.
  • Options
    Is it just the aoe stun? Or does shock work with Zader's leader?
  • Options
    All 3 of his abilities work really well and they all give TMR. Keep in mind that you will likely have to mod him for potency if he is not the lead.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah but farming potency will be easier for me than speed as I only have the Resistance pilot unlocked from doing fleet missions.
  • Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    I recently got Palpatine to 7 stars so I switched my arena to: Palpatine (Leader), Vader, Royal Guard, Boba Fett, TIE Pilot.

Eventually though I want to do Zader, but i'm debating if i should use Sidious, Kylo Ren, or Nihilus and switch them out with my current team members. Should use all 3? If not who do I switch out? Keep in mind I haven't started working on Kylo at all, not even unlocked, and Nihilus is only at 4 stars. I do not have access to Shoretrooper. Any advice is welcome. The current meta is not of concern, my long term goal was always to switch to the dark side once I got Palpatine and Vader where I wanted them.

Here we go with more cringy people that replace the first letter with Z for zeta.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I know it's cringe-worthy, but it concisely conveys what I'm talking about and it's to the point where it's common vernacular in these forums.
    Post edited by Tedbeast on
  • Options
    ZVader, ZSidious, ZBoba, B2, GK. There is no arena team I cannot beat with this combo.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Zader leads are falling out of favor. Rex leads are strong against Zaul leads. If you have GK, you can zeta QG, run him with GK, Yoda, +2 Jedi. Or, Wiggs, Chaze, GK, and hoard your zetas until you have squads to build around those toons.

Like almost every lead there are problems with them. You need to be faster than the people you're fighting. zMaul is only a better leader because of his initial TM boost which is in effect a speed boost. That helps teams compete who otherwise couldn't because they lacked enough overall speed (or teams with better speed mods to be ridiculously fast). Rex and his TM boost cleanse has a similar effect.

OP I run zVader, zSid, TP, EP, and Boba. It's capable of beating most team comps and Maul aren't particularly difficult. Chaze, GK, and Rex still gives the most problems due to their tenacity/cleanse. Fast zYoda under a zQGJ lead is a problem as well. But they're still beatable.

I'd like to sub in DH for Boba.against non Chaze teams and DH in place of zSid/TFP/EP against Chaze teams but I'm gearing up for other things and not messing around with improving my arena comps.
  • Options
    Brain fart, whose DH?

Also like I said, I'm not really interested in chasing the meta. I mostly want to stick with Empire or Sith, not opposed to First Order though. Initially while leveling up I did Jedi, but that was just so I could have one team for arena and GW, but now that I have Palpatine max star, I'm done with Jedi and Rebels.
  • Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Brain fart, whose DH?

Darth Hideous.