Why Pao as April Log-In is Awesome

Replies

• Options
    1-he can attack 3 times
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry but, i see an opportunity here. AA L, wedge, biggs, bistan, pao.

Biggs call: wedge goes, another random goes, bistan goes, another goes (bistan frenzy + aa lead) -4 on pao cd
  • Options
    Pao can hit 3 times 4500-6500....and it's not rng
  • Options
    Wasn't Pao one of the PvE enemies during the Krennic/Deathtrooper events? I recall there being him along with a bunch of Rebel Scariff troopers and Bistan. If so, then technically his kit was already in the game, which also means that it could very well be an April fool's joke too. After all, that means he was already designed in game.
  • Options
    The characters abilities are laughable. And like..... We really needed another rebel? OMG! Hilarious and really, really bad taste.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Who is that guy? I can't remember by name, can someone post a picture of him?
  • Options
    Lame toon or not..it's free so don't make as if you won't log in and collect as many free shards as you can cause you know you will.
  • Options
    If this was a April Fools Joke, they better have R2-D2 as a daily log in. Or at least make him Mays.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I think it definitely is an April fools joke. His kit his so so so bad there is no way he's real. His basic hits for less then 2k at max? He has a zeta that is sooooo terrible there's absolutely no way it's real. 5% turn meter when a basic attack from ally is used? Really so maybe he'll gain 20% turn meter before his turn? That's a zeta? I'd put money down he's fake I believe it so much. Also look at his required gear. 5 raid gear? And lots of stun cuffs? For that!? Lmao

How do you know what his damage is? There is an undisclosed multiplier for each toon. GK has a high offense number but hits like bariss or B2.

Swgoh.gg

Right. They don't know either.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I think it definitely is an April fools joke. His kit his so so so bad there is no way he's real. His basic hits for less then 2k at max? He has a zeta that is sooooo terrible there's absolutely no way it's real. 5% turn meter when a basic attack from ally is used? Really so maybe he'll gain 20% turn meter before his turn? That's a zeta? I'd put money down he's fake I believe it so much. Also look at his required gear. 5 raid gear? And lots of stun cuffs? For that!? Lmao

How do you know what his damage is? There is an undisclosed multiplier for each toon. GK has a high offense number but hits like bariss or B2.

Swgoh.gg

Right. They don't know either.

They can calculate the damage by extrapolating his base stats and gear requirements
  • Options
    At least he is sure not gonna end up in a hard node :blush:
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    The real april fools joke would be more Chewie shards... but that actually was not a joke before.
  • Options
    The most underwhelming and generally useless toon, only use will be a gw sacrafice but thats at a glance, lets see what happens when hes released, id rather use mob enforcer or cup.
  • Options
    It would have been ok if his unique wasnt restricted to rebs. Initially i thought it wasnt and thought he might work with 4 clones and the repetitive 212 attack, but sadly i was wrong.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    1) April is typically a busy month for me, IRL.

2) Pao pretty much stinks in terms of his abilities. After much digging and analysis, most players think he is just like (insert name of mediocre support/attacker here)...only not quite as a good.

Given the above two points, for the first time in 16+ months of playing this game, I won't feel bad if I miss a log in day!!

Thank you EA/CG for making Pao so lame and saving me the effort of caring about logging in every day! :D

you know that just because you log in doesn't mean you have to claim the reward right??

i do it with any toon i don't want. doing it right now with chopper. i will not be claiming the last 8 shards needed to activate him. and if this pao character is next months login i won't be claiming those shards either. i can't remember the last time i claimed the shards from a login toon. what was january's?? it might have been last year that i claimed some.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I think Pao's zeta would at least be fun to use with Leia, Ezra, Sabine and Ackbar as a leader
  • Options
    "Chicken King" PAO is AWESOME! PERIOD!
  • Options
    I feel like it's a joke but doubt cg would go to all this trouble considering he's already in game :neutral:
  • Options

2) Pao pretty much stinks in terms of his abilities. After much digging and analysis, most players think he is just like (insert name of mediocre support/attacker here)...only not quite as a good.

Given the above two points, for the first time in 16+ months of playing this game, I won't feel bad if I miss a log in day!!

Thank you EA/CG for making Pao so lame and saving me the effort of caring about logging in every day! :D

Pao + Bistan = new chaze + wiggs
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

but... how? even if Pao's cooldowns are 0, his abilities are still trash
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

but... how? even if Pao's cooldowns are 0, his abilities are still trash

Paos basic and bistans frenzy will be OP
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

you know that just because you log in doesn't mean you have to claim the reward right??

i do it with any toon i don't want. doing it right now with chopper. i will not be claiming the last 8 shards needed to activate him. and if this pao character is next months login i won't be claiming those shards either. i can't remember the last time i claimed the shards from a login toon. what was january's?? it might have been last year that i claimed some.

Lol, but what is the point of that?

You know you don't have to activate a toon once you get enough shards for it right?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »

Lol, but what is the point of that?

You know you don't have to activate a toon once you get enough shards for it right?

• Options
    Oh, I despair. Too many new characters being introduced in too short a timescale and many of them are utter garbage. As said, totally irrelevant, 'c' grade characters. Agree with OP, if this is not an April Fool joke I won't be rushing to collect my shards.
  • Options
    Lol, how much "garbage" have we got?
    Bistan: a f2p version of Jyn (sort of)
    TFP:essential to all empire squads
    Chaze:OP
    Jyn:good R1 lead, esp against Nihilus leads
    Kassian: lower-end part of the r1 group, but still good
    krennic: mediocre
    deathtrooper: A-grade
    Nihilus: meta
    Assassin: sub-meta
    Trooper: sub-meta
    phoenix:mad synergy with Hera lead, definite meta

Only garbage is Pao.
  • Options
    So he's a character now. Nice.
  • Options
    Yea, it wasn't a good use of the term 'garbage' - I was tired and grouchy. I guess what I wanted to say, was some of the new characters aren't very good and some are just not as good as 'similarly' skilled toons that have been around a while.

I understand the motives of introducing new characters but it must be daunting to new players and maybe even confusing to some players who don't keep up with all the new suggested squads, etc.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the animated series and therefore some of the characters from the expanded universe so perhaps that influences my feelings and judgement. I don't tend to examine, in detail, every new toon and how they'll fit (a lack of time and energy) so thanks for your rundown of most of the new toons and where/how you see them being utilised. It was quite useful.
  • Options
    Pao is awesome!
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    King PAO Chicken will change the meta.

Paodok'Draba'Takat in full glory!
    latest?cb=20161223042749
    The Drabatans were a sentient amphibious species native to the planet Pipada.

The Drabatan Commando Pao carried out a demolitions job on Foerost where he took out a communications tower similar to the one on Scarif.

"Sa'kalla!"
    ―Pao's battle cry
    latest?cb=20161202063929

e3784c9a30664ffd8c199eeabbf1edcb0dd381b4_hq.jpg

82855d4c8e433cfb393ef1e0cb491fb74d541fa6_hq.jpg

SW798_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

tumblr_inline_nhodrmPKRl1rsbb1h.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Pao is awesome!

Link? Video? Give some proof, man!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*