How to beat Poe

Prev1
If you want the best % chance possible to beat Poe use this team.

Sid
Gs
Rey
Hoth scout
Dooku

You need 2 or 3 of your team to go before their Poe. Pick ig-88 or qui-gon someone you know that does a ton damage that you have a good chance to kill. Poe will taunt the rest of your team into attacking him their first turn. The idea is to come away after the first turn against a maxed out Poe team both down 2 people. Then you can focus characters and win. If you absolutely can't stand using Poe this the best way way to counter him at the moment. Cheers.

Replies

• Viperish
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barriss (L)
    Mace
    Fives
    Kylo
    Savage

Have you tried this, if not can you? I don't have the means to test it but it looks promising on paper. Maybe switch in a diff character or two. This would be a FTP option.
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sid
    Gs
    Rey
    Hoth scout
    Dooku

What about Leia, you like scout over her?
    Viperish wrote: »
    Barriss (L)

Have you tried this, if not can you? I don't have the means to test it but it looks promising on paper. Maybe switch in a diff character or two. This would be a FTP option.

Sid
    Gs
    Gunray/Poe
    Hoth scout
    Dooku

That would be a better FTP option. Tanky characters aren't as good with as much damage that can be done at level 70. Maybe with the Mace/savage changes in the upcoming patch, I could be wrong, but doubt it.
    Post edited by LoveLoveRice on
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    wok, it was a nice thought but they won't listen. People who can't beat poe only want to know how to beat poe if it involves using 5 characters they're already grinding because everyone who has trouble beating poe told them to.
  • Options

Sid
    Gs
    Rey
    Hoth scout
    Dooku

You need 2 or 3 of your team to go before their Poe. Pick ig-88 or qui-gon someone you know that does a ton damage that you have a good chance to kill. Poe will taunt the rest of your team into attacking him their first turn. The idea is to come away after the first turn against a maxed out Poe team both down 2 people. Then you can focus characters and win. If you absolutely can't stand using Poe this the best way way to counter him at the moment. Cheers.

What's the logic on using Hoth Scout here? Stun?
    If so is Daka a viable replacement?

• Options
    Scout would have a chance of going the same as the others in tier 1 while Daka is tier 2 and will come after Poe's taunt when the damage is already done.
  • Options

The common denominator of Ewok's suggested team? All are turn 7 heroes.

GS - turn 7
    Rey - turn 7
    Hoth scout - turn 7
    Dooku - turn 7
    Sid to amplify damage

...hoping one of them can take out Poe before he taunts.

So much for CG trying to diversify team comp. It's simply a race to go faster and deliver more damage. Who cares whether Asajj got "nerfed?" She unfortunately does not have a place in the current meta whether she group heals or not...
  • Options
    Yeah thought about this again and it must be his speed.

Maybe Qui Gon works there too, he'll have a small chance of going before Poe, and if not, he can remove the taunt.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sid
    Gs
    Rey
    Hoth scout
    Dooku
    Okay, but how is this team not helped by replacing Sid (or Hoth, or even Dooku) with Poe? I don't see it.
    If I see the team above and I have Poe/DPS I am not exactly terrified.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I think his original point is more of a philosophical one -- if you can't bring yourself to use Poe, use this.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Fair enough. I may have read the OP too quickly.
  • Options

Sid
    Gs
    Rey
    Hoth scout
    Dooku

Excellent strategy. Several months of farming for three out of five suggested characters, while simultaneously not farming neither Poe nor Daka nor QGJ. Fantastic plan.
  • Options
    Ima-Gun Di (leader), Aayla, Fisto, CT-5555 and Obi-wan. All I say is: come get some!!!

I would like to see this squad fully upgraded.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    duffmc81 wrote: »

Maybe Qui Gon works there too, he'll have a small chance of going before Poe, and if not, he can remove the taunt.
    No there's 0% chance Qui-Gon goes before Poe. Unless you use your own Poe, but that's turn meter manipulation.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

No there's 0% chance Qui-Gon goes before Poe. Unless you use your own Poe, but that's turn meter manipulation.

OK, good to know. But... in a way, is that almost an advantage? Don't you want Qui Gon going immediately after Poe so he can remove the taunt?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming the rest of the team contains nightmare DPSers, once he taunts, the game is basically over. That's the problem with Poe, and what CG inexplicably did nothing to address.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

GS - turn 7
    Rey - turn 7
    Hoth scout - turn 7
    Dooku - turn 7
    Sid to amplify damage

So much for CG trying to diversify team comp. It's simply a race to go faster and deliver more damage. Who cares whether Asajj got "nerfed?" She unfortunately does not have a place in the current meta whether she group heals or not...

This will change when the level 80 cap is released.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432n57/guide_beyond_level_70_the_info_you_need_to_plan/

I think the longest term solution will be the team that @reizse proposed.
  • Options
    @obiwan1011 Well, not "change" but get "updated".

I'm starting to consider all the suggestions to just 2x health across the board in a patch. It would take some of the meta off from speed...
  • Options
    Just like hoda, all that matters are fast damage dealers. All the other toons and other play styles are useless.
  • Options
    Plus, Yoda (or whomever is new) will be useful in meta teams. You'll see.
  • Options
    I think his original point is more of a philosophical one -- if you can't bring yourself to use Poe, use this.

Exactly this more if you really want to have a decent chance beat maxed Poe teams without a Poe.

• Options
    I have been using Daka to reliably stun Poe, she is pretty fast and if all else fails she can throw a Rez and heal if things go south.

I <3 Daka!
  • Options
    @BentWookie Not sure if trolling, but... Daka can't go before Poe and stunning a taunting tank does exactly nothing. Unless you're referring to the situation where your Poe went first, but that's the same old coin flip again.

On the plus side, my regular PvP team finally managed to beat Poe. A non-nightmare Poe team, but still far beyond my regular strength.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Who would an "all evasion team" field?
    (This is a legit question - not a troll.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I have been using Daka to reliably stun Poe, she is pretty fast and if all else fails she can throw a Rez and heal if things go south.

I <3 Daka!

Daka: "Go ahead Poe, do your thing. Now I'll raise them and kill you - there are no stars in arena ****!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    You need 2 or 3 of your team to go before their Poe.

So RNG is how you beat Poe. Awesome. Thanks for that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wait - Bent Wookie may be on to something. What about a team of Daka, HK, Boba, and ???

All 3 can self-revive after dying. What else? Lumi to evade and heal everyone?

BTW, I have no idea what I'm talking about - just tired and brain storming.

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You need 2 or 3 of your team to go before their Poe.

So RNG is how you beat Poe. Awesome. Thanks for that.

Give the man a break, he is trying to put together a team that can beat Poe without their own Poe. That's all he is doing. He isn't claiming RNG won't factor in, but without the team he built, no amount of RNG could make his characters beat an early poe. You got to have speed that matches Poe and hope for the best... even in the perfect world were 3 of his guys go before poe, if they don't crit, they probably won't take down Poe or possibly anyone. So of course RNG is how you beat Poe.. just like it's how you beat anyone else.

• Options
    Bulky aoe teams also beat Poe easily.

People complain because they want to farm whoever they want and expect it to be good.

It's getting super annoying seeing the same thread over and over.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

GS - turn 7
    Rey - turn 7
    Hoth scout - turn 7
    Dooku - turn 7
    Sid to amplify damage

Hope is not to kill Poe before he taunts. Goal is to kill 2 of the 3-4 dps that go with him before he taunts. Then he taunts, kill 1-2 of yours with his remaining dps, and you both go into turn 2 with 3 standing guys.

I think his idea is good, but it's better if you substitute one of your guys for Poe. This is like if someone try to win at basketball without shooting 3s. Maybe it's possible, but why the effort? Poe is a great fit in this proposed strategy, and he is easy to farm, f2p, very Poe-werful, and un-nerfed. I'll just use him, and be happy with it.

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wait - Bent Wookie may be on to something. What about a team of Daka, HK, Boba, and ???

All 3 can self-revive after dying. What else? Lumi to evade and heal everyone?

BTW, I have no idea what I'm talking about - just tired and brain storming.

Ewok Elder to add more revives?
    Old Ben to force your opponent to go after the revivers first?