Relax with the Jedi craziness

We have some stage 5 clingers here...

Seriously, maybe I am wrong, but I am not going to stop everything and only farm Jedi.

I have 7*lumi, 4* JC and Bariss, 3* Ashoka, and 2* JKN. I'm not going to go for Eeth / Mace just to get the new toon until I see what it is.

I think the sensible thing to do is keep doing what you are doing to win arena and GW right now. The event will come back, it will just take you longer to get the 7* Jedi prize. There is an element of unknown here.

Winning / placing arena is the greatest way to not pay for crystals but supplement steady growth. And, everyone is gonna need a Poewerful Poe since we can see the team now.

Am I wrong or do at least some of you agree with me?

Replies

• Options
    I agree, But im alittle disappointed in the event stipulations, Jedi have suxked since this game released & have been extremely underpowered when compared to sith. So almost everyone focused sith, The devs knew this for peep sake mace windu was terrible, Now they put us in a weird predicament focus jedi & not our core team or focus our core team to remain relevant in arenas. It should have been an open event, with no jedi only or sith only stipulations.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ is fine, Mace will become at least worth a try... I have no problem farming two jedis I didn't before.
  • Options
    I believe that with this new Jedi-exclusive event, we will eventually start seeing light-side dominant teams rather than the dark-side dominant that we currently have. Sure, it will be a grind to get there, but will be fun to use a fresh set of toons (led by Jedi Luke or Yoda), rather than be stuck with the same old Sid/Phasma routine for who-knows-how-long. Should be fun.
  • Options
    Changing of the norm is always good.
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with @BillyBeans, it's only a week long event and I'm not going to be dropping loads of cash just to try and max out characters I'll never use again. I'll get the new toon eventually, and that's fine with me.
  • Options
    I'm dropping everything and working on those Jedis. As FTP it will take me weeks anyway but whatever I hated working on IG88 anyway and I refuse to use Poe at any point
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    I'm dropping everything and working on those Jedis. As FTP it will take me weeks anyway but whatever I hated working on IG88 anyway and I refuse to use Poe at any point

Luckily, I don't have to drop everything. I will go for Mace and QGJ (and later star up Ashoka), so it will eat up "just" my cantina farming, leaving the rest intact.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    We have some stage 5 clingers here...

Seriously, maybe I am wrong, but I am not going to stop everything and only farm Jedi.

I have 7*lumi, 4* JC and Bariss, 3* Ashoka, and 2* JKN. I'm not going to go for Eeth / Mace just to get the new toon until I see what it is.

I think the sensible thing to do is keep doing what you are doing to win arena and GW right now. The event will come back, it will just take you longer to get the 7* Jedi prize. There is an element of unknown here.

Winning / placing arena is the greatest way to not pay for crystals but supplement steady growth. And, everyone is gonna need a Poewerful Poe since we can see the team now.

Am I wrong or do at least some of you agree with me?

Good mindset.
  • Options
    I'm not dropping anything either. My top toons are already maxed as it is, was just working on getting a good bench up. One good outcome will be that most ppl have a poor Jedi roster because of the meta since forever. Lots of Jedi around will make it easier on the devs to spring some life into them without the lash back they are sure to receive right now.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I will switch gears a bit. I only have 4 Jedi at the moment, and will probably grab Ahsoka since I only need 15 more shards (only 3 days of Cantina for her instead of Daka). And I will start starring Eeth Koth tomorrow, as I will have Sid at 7* today anyway.

I am honestly tempted to drop $20 to grab an 8x Chromium and see what happens. Do not want to jump the gun though, since (I think) we are not sure when the update is.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I am in good position I think. I have Lumi and JC at 6* and QGJ at 5*. I have Mace at 16/65 to 5* and will burn all my cantina energy on him until he is at least 5* and I have Jedi Guardian at 56/65 to 5*. I am not sure how great the team will end up being but at least I will be able to go for the new toon the first week (provided I get my Mace shards.)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    ChazSunray wrote: »
    I believe that with this new Jedi-exclusive event, we will eventually start seeing light-side dominant teams rather than the dark-side dominant that we currently have. Sure, it will be a grind to get there, but will be fun to use a fresh set of toons (led by Jedi Luke or Yoda), rather than be stuck with the same old Sid/Phasma routine for who-knows-how-long. Should be fun.
    I think that's what's interesting about it, too. Combine the fact that lots of people will be farming the same Jedi up to 7 stars with the fact that you can see other peoples' arena team ahead of time and it should shake up the meta a bit. Everyone will have a Eeth Koth, so if you see a droid team you can just pop him in there. But then the next guy will see that team and be able to counter with a different team and so on. Hopefully it will encourage people to diversify a bit rather than just put together the best possible team and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Yeah
  • Options
    Only thing I'll be dropping is my GS farm. Kinda sucks....but still if the toon sucks..1 my bench will be deeper....and 2 5* Poe is good enough even against top teams.
  • Options
    Disregard Jedi, acquire Sith!
  • Options
    I wouldn't drop everything to take Jedi ( course maybe it's just me seeing how I have 5 Jedi at 7* already )

Reason why? I see this being the norm for events. Next might be 5 sith, then 5 tanks, ect. Why?

1. It gives reason to have such a large roster so you'll have a reason to use toons you wouldn't use otherwise
    2. To make you spend money to get toons ( duh )
    3. To give a reason for the big spenders to not feel robbed as they now have a reason to have all the toons.
    4. Shard shop is coming. They want you to spend your extra shards and currency everyone has been saving as fast as possible so as when new toons comes, you'll feel more inclined to buy packs instead of just having extra shards to get them for free.
  • Options
    I'm on the fence. I have a good 7* team and wanted to get GS and a few others. I'll start farming the Jedi and see how the event character looks. If they're PVP starter material, I'll finish the Jedi. If not, I'll come back to the other characters I want.

Mace and Keath are the only characters I wouldn't be farming. Mace might be okay now, and I don't have any other standout options in arena
  • Options
    1). This is the main content update in the upcoming patch
    2). It gives people an incentive to stray from their normal routine and actually farm other characters that will be of impoetance down the road.

Break the mindset of "I need to do every mission and every purchase perfectly, or I will never succeed in this game". Poe-users, I'm hunting you down with my anti-poe team when the new patch drops (and when I have an anti-poe team).
  • Options
    My only Jedi is JC@2*... I'm lv 50 playing a few weeks I really want a Jedi team but I have been spending all my crystals and energy on farming LS-2A mission for Rey...she is @ 69/80 almost there and she will be my first 80 shard toon to unlock.

i don't think as F2P I can manage to farm 4 Jedi this week to even get to try the new event... At least I should be unlocking Rey about the same time as the release if I continue my current path... Rey is my new favorite Star Wars character, so whoever this mystery character is it couldn't be any more Amazing then Rey!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Poe is OP because of his speed, which depends only on his gear - not his level or stars. Once you have him unlocked and geared, he'll work well enough. He may be squishy and hit like a wet noodle at first but he will do his job well enough for you to put off getting the rest of his shards for a while.

Dropping everything to farm Jedi is a gamble but one that potentially has a huge payoff. I suspect the new toon will be very much like Dooku was a month ago: very powerful against lower levels and teams that don't handle him right. He/she will offer an immediate advantage to everyone who gets them and those who don't will be left crying. At least until we figure out how to counter them. By the time this hero becomes available again, strategies will have been developed and they will no longer be the auto-win button they once were so everybody who waited (by choice or otherwise) will miss out on the era of OPness.

Of course, I could be wrong. The new hero could be extremely well-balanced and easily countered by today's meta, in which case everyone who farmed Jedi to get them will have wasted a couple week worth farming on otherwise useless toons. Odds are, though, it won't really hurt that much since most of the people who are going to succeed at farming will be at least partially P2P, if not P2W, and likely already have an A team near max strength so they aren't really being set back a whole lot.

Finally, since Poe's upcoming nerf isn't really much of a nerf, it is plausible that EA has deliberately chosen this action because the new hero is going to change the meta such that Poe becomes less effective. Yes, this is a highly-speculative longshot but I've been around freemium games long enough to know that the most common and effective method of nerfing a meta is to release a new meta that renders it obsolete. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens here and if it does, all the shards put into Poe are going to be even less useful than the shards put into Eeth Koth that allowed you to unlock the new hero.