Will we get some content with high replay value soon?

In general, I have liked the direction that SWGOH has headed in the last few months.

We had a great QOL release (though horrid arena payout times still need addressed). We have had lots of new interesting toons added, and we have had the addition of zeta skills to add additional strategy to the game.

That said, with the exceptions of arenas, swgoh is becoming stale. It is basically the swgoh of sim and auto. We need new content that can be replayed, and NOT a guild breaking raid.

We need in no particular order:
1. Guild v Guild of some sort.
2. Practice arena. This should be a free arena where we can go test out various toon setups and strategies. As there should be no prizes awarded for playing in this mode, do NOT limit the time we can be here.
3. Challenge Match. While I understand there may be some netcode issues with live pvp for prizes (even though plenty of other games do it), how about a simple challenge match live pvp for no prizes? Let me invite an ally or guild member to a little one on one for fun?
4. Mini raids. Let players collect mini raid tickets and do 2-3 mini raids per week. As opposed to guild only raids make these raids public. Create both private & public waiting rooms that allow either a group of friends or complete strangers to raid together. Let the raids be something that can be completed by say 5 people in 15-30 min. For prizes, may I suggest Stun Cuffs, Stun Guns, Carbantis, and Syringes, and Purple condoms for the highest level of the raid!
5. Mod crafting. Ok so not really something that provides replay value per se, but it would still be a good addition. Mods are both fun and horrid. While I get the money making idea behind the never ending search for the perfect speed secondary, we really shouldn't have to farm a month just to get a grey t5 crit chance mod crit damage triangle needed to finish out a raid team. Perhaps current mods in our inventory could somehow be combined to create a specific type of mod (secondaries once again being a crapshoot).

I'm sure there are more things that could be added. Please just don't crank out new LS/DS/Cantina content, which (while appreciated) has little replay value.

Replies

• Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I like your ideas, problem is they have to keep us chasing the proverbial carrot to keep people spending money and interested which is why item / mod combining probably wont happen as much as I wish it would. Hell I would be happy if they just upped global drop rates by 5%.
  • Options
    I like everything you suggested!!! Especially the idea of smaller raids.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Love any playable content. Yes please.

I am wary of 1, but not going to burst the bubble, due my wanting of some more playable content.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    i would suggest practice arena and cranking out new ls/ds/cantina tiers.

i know this OP says they are just simmed and auto'd but there are plenty who actually play them and like them.

ls/ds/cantina and GW is where i spend all of my time in this game. if i have extra time after that and any desire at all i'll check out arena and ships.
  • Options
    I think that if clash royal can do pvp than so can swgoh. Also something in clash that I loved was watching your defences and attacks over again to learn from your mistakes.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    who the heck has the time or desire to rewatch battles??
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Horrid?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Love your ideas

1. Would love to see a guild v guild format. My thought is to make it like a GW that would have like 50 nodes and each player gets one team to attack with and one team to defend with. What ever team clears the most nodes wins. I like the idea of putting in guild raid currency and the winner takes all with credits and on a tie you get your currency back.

2. I have wanted this in the game from the start a much needed Quality of Life item that would be fun as well.

3. I don't see this happening because this game does not seem to want to get into live PvP and arena is already the games attempt for this. But would be cool to play vs. someone

4. This is a clever idea. I would love to do a mini raid with a few other guild mates. My guild is mostly lower level guys and it would be nice to be able to dome some raid without needing to wait for 20+ guild mates to catch up to our level.

5. I would love this but I don't think it will happen because it would shortcut the gathering of mods.
  • Options
    Totally onboard with Number 2. Minimally allow players to send in anything they want against AI controlled versions of their allies' arena team at will for no rewards.

Perhaps an expanded version would allow the player to choose toons, star levels, gear, and ability level of toons whether they actually have those in their collection or not. Who doesn't want to try out zeta chewie without regretting the months spent to gear the toon and acquire the zeta lol?

• Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Horrid?

I'll pile on with this. I have a family and 6 & 7pm payout times (7 & 8pm with DST) are Horrid. Basically I have to ignore my family to go after the premium game currency. In effect, the game punishes me for spending time with my family. We're working on a year & a half of this. How about we try something different for a while.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Horrid?

I'll pile on with this. I have a family and 6 & 7pm payout times (7 & 8pm with DST) are Horrid. Basically I have to ignore my family to go after the premium game currency. In effect, the game punishes me for spending time with my family. We're working on a year & a half of this. How about we try something different for a while.

I'm alright during Winter (can take 1st pretty much whenever), but that summer time change (just one hour) changed dynamics for me as well, can't play during that hour due to work. However, we're at the mercy of the system. The request for a change has been in for a long time, but there hasn't been a suitable solution found. Keep the ideas coming.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Horrid?

I'm alright during Winter (can take 1st pretty much whenever), but that summer time change (just one hour) changed dynamics for me as well, can't play during that hour due to work. However, we're at the mercy of the system. The request for a change has been in for a long time, but there hasn't been a suitable solution found. Keep the ideas coming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
    Maybe an Elo rating system?
    The lockouts could be addressed with this also. Ship lockouts are even worse with the longer timer. It's no fun when you're powerless to move up and/or defend because "someone is already battling you".
  • Options
    It would never happen, but it would be cool if we could challenge anyone on the forums in a real-time duel. That would settle a lot of disputes regarding who is better and what team is better.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've suggested an elo rating system as well. Not sure that would solve the time of payouts. And if the payouts happen at different times, it's actually better because more people can benefit from reaching higher ranks throughout the day. It's tricky, but I know it's on the radar. I'm just saying we've not heard anything about a change coming, so i have just decided to deal with not taking 1st during the summer months (or if I change careers, but not doing that for a game payout lol).
  • Options
    I think the arena payout system is ment to be frustrating... Especially for those that work... So that well will conclude they are better off spending real $$ on the game then trying to play the game at awkward times. After all even a #1 arena payout is only a $3 premium over a 11-20 finish. not worth the hassle really.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    I've suggested an elo rating system as well. Not sure that would solve the time of payouts. And if the payouts happen at different times, it's actually better because more people can benefit from reaching higher ranks throughout the day. It's tricky, but I know it's on the radar. I'm just saying we've not heard anything about a change coming, so i have just decided to deal with not taking 1st during the summer months (or if I change careers, but not doing that for a game payout lol).

What about a set # of attempts so the time didn't matter. Say a max of 1 refresh (for 50 crystals as it is now). 5 arena attempts, 10 if you refresh. My guess is that would actually make CG more cash as a LOT more people would buy the refresh in that case. It would extend the playable content of the game (for most) and be more fun. So... more fun, more timing friendly so we're not ignoring jobs & families that encourage us to quit this game, more play time for most of us, AND more coin for CG. Everybody wins.
    Can't think of a downside here... ??? A few whales irritated they can't buy 6 refreshes? pfft
  • Options
    I like everything you suggested!!! Especially the idea of smaller raids.

+1
  • Options
    1. I hear rumors this is coming
    2. What would the opponent be?
    3. Probably zero chance of this happening
    4. Mini-raids idea sounds pretty cool, this would be wildly popular

I hate the 6pm payout, I don't see how anyone could think a 6pm payout would be a great time to require people to be locked to their phone.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see Guild v Guild, but I really don't want it to be a timer thing where I have to stay glued to my phone in order to compete. The rage about payout times x 10000
  • Options
    I would love Darth bane or Evan.

Maria jade

The twins
    Anakin solo
    Darth cadius
    Yusan vong
    A few mandalorians
    And a better way to get energy
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of mini raids but mini raids that are done solo. Pretty much the same idea as the current raids. Different tiers and the hardest tier having no reset but the best rewards. It'll let you use your whole roster and will let you try out different team comps and strats at your own pace without worrying about missing a phase.

You would acquire tickets for these raids by completing the daily challenges, GW nodes, squad/ ship arena victories and maybe the extra energy you spend on top of the 600 that goes to your guild (i.e. you spend 1000 energy in one day so the first 600 would go to guild and the extra 400 would go towards your solo raid credits, that way there is some extra incentive to spend crystals on refreshes).

I think that would be a fun way to add some extra content in the game for people to complete at their own leisure.
  • Options
    Horrid?

try this then.

it's just a game. you don't have to get every single payout or refresh. you don't always have to be number one. it's ok to miss a refresh or payout to spend time with the kids.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    Horrid?

try this then.

it's just a game. you don't have to get every single payout or refresh. you don't always have to be number one. it's ok to miss a refresh or payout to spend time with the kids.

I do. That was the whole point, which granted, I didn't state very clearly. I very often do my battles ahead of time or late. I accept top 20.
  • Options

Horrid?

try this then.

But why can't we have both? A very, very large segment (if not a majority) of Star Wars fans is of an age where they have jobs and families. We are also the ones with disposable income. Why is EA remaining tone deaf about what is essentially the biggest qol issue of them all? One that probably drives more people away from the game than any other.....
  • Options
    I also wish they added stuff to use our collection in, raids are every 3-4 days and there is no reason to go forplay passed the dailly

It's getting boring ...and gameplay is almost identical in raids, not much variation - get a setup and try to follow it....
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    A practice arena would be really well received.

I think arena payout should be the highest rank you achieved in the window between midnight reset (12 or 1am) to payout (6 or 7pm). It would incentivize refreshing arena attempts, while lowering most of the tension caused by sniping at payout.

In regards to mini raids, what about massive community raids/ events. I was thinking of an event called "Death Star Assault" where all dmg done by rebel ships in players' regular fleet arena battles is counted towards a community total. It would be like guild activities where there are multiple reward tiers and the ultimate community goal would be to get say 1 billion dmg in the allotted time for the event.
    Tiers could give increasing numbers of credits, crystals, training droids, gear prize boxes, and shards, with the ultimate prize being blueprints to Red Five or something that would get the community going. It would be cool to see everyone's fleet teams change to all rebel ships for the duration of the event. What do you think of community events?
  • Options
    Horrid?

try this then.

But why can't we have both? A very, very large segment (if not a majority) of Star Wars fans is of an age where they have jobs and families. We are also the ones with disposable income. Why is EA remaining tone deaf about what is essentially the biggest qol issue of them all? One that probably drives more people away from the game than any other.....

This.

Just reward based on max rank for the day and that will allow everyone to battle at whatever time is suitable to them. Having to be around at specific times is daft for a game.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a Heroic mode for all normal nodes. The fights are the same, but scaled up to be challenging for max level characters. You can do say, 3 a day, and they cannot be simmed. These nodes would reward high end gear. I would love that.