Old Daka can revive herself (but shouldn't)

Eris_Discordant
223 posts Member
edited February 2016
The ability text is unambiguous: "When another ally is defeated, Daka has a 10% chance to revive it."

I have witnessed her revive herself.

Either correct the text or correct the ability.

Post edited by Eris_Discordant on

Replies

• Options
    First, this is definitely a bug or an error in the text of her ability.

Second, this bug should only appear 10% of the time she dies.
    So even if it is working as intended (but the text is wrong--which still needs a correction) please check the percentages to ensure it is only 10%. And fix her ability text.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    It says she can self revive, re read it (my daka has that potential ability anyway)
  • Options
    Yes she can.. It gives you a warm feeling inside when she does. :)
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    It says she can self revive, re read it (my daka has that potential ability anyway)
    No amount of reading will change the meaning of the word "another."

"When another ally is defeated, Daka has a 10% chance to revive it."

If Daka can revive herself, the phrasing would say:
    "When any ally is defeated..."

For clarity it would be nice if they threw in "including herself" but that's not strictly necessary.
    The word "another" is 100% absolutely exclusive of herself, however, and needs no additional clarification.
  • Options
    I'm not here to QQ or cry OP/imba, I'm just here to report a bug. Either EA changes the incorrect text or fixes an incorrect ability.

It doesn't much matter to me which they change, but if it's the text, that should be take about 5 minutes of work...more if it's also wrong in other languages.
  • Options
    Yes I think it is a bug, she shouldnt revive herself. The text and the % should be fixed aswell.
  • Options
    It's not a bug, any ability that references allies or a character type applies to themselves as well. This is true with GeoS passive, and among others.
  • Options
    Eightys wrote: »
    It's not a bug, any ability that references allies or a character type applies to themselves as well. This is true with GeoS passive, and among others.
    So you think that Geonosian Soldier's special ability allows him to assist himself?

We've been over this...the word "another" means an other. Other means not self.
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Do abilities that give bonuses to living allies, count for the toon itself?
    Yes. Abilities that exclude the user will use the phrasing “other allies”.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15965/q-a-2-24-2016

Either they remove the word "another" [change it to "any ally"] or they fix the bug. Again, I don't really care which.

You obviously care, so feel free to argue that they should leave her as-is and remove the word "another."
    Just please don't argue that the word "another" means "myself." :)

• bugseverywhere
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Who ever argues 'another' actually means the toon itself too is as ignorant as they could be, but obviously what they really care is their toon's bugged ability and advantage. Please do refrain from twisting the meaning of an English word this is absurd.
  • Options
    and they always have a full time bar when revive :D