We need to talk about stun cuffs

2Next

Replies

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    I finish farming 1 almost every week are you not buying energy refreshes? If not ... then there is your problem.
    How often do you refresh? I was used to refresh 2 times (100 crystals) and got around 4 stun cuffs per day, means 28 per week. investing 3 or even 4 refreshes is a waste of crystals, because 200 (if its 3 refreshes) crystals x 7 = 1400 = full stun cuff in pve store.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    There are some days from fleet shipments I'll be lucky enough to purchase 15 stun cuff pieces. Key word "lucky".
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    lol brother ... just an example: my farm today 6x FOTP (2 hard nodes), 10x Kylo (all free energy in cantina, since i dont refresh anymore) .... 1 shard in total (kylo) ... guess im what you call "lucky", right? :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    lol brother ... just an example: my farm today 6x FOTP (2 hard nodes), 10x Kylo (all free energy in cantina, since i dont refresh anymore) .... 1 shard in total (kylo) ... guess im what you call "lucky", right? :lol:

Haha, Ach! nice!
  • Options
    +1
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Options

So I'd like it if they'd just do a couple things.

1: no more challenge gear as raid rewards. There's nothing more disheartening than winning a raid and getting challenge gear salvage you have 500 of.

2: let us sell gear again. When the game came out you could sell gear for credits. That would

Aat sure i dont need more of the challenge crap that drops there
    Rancor i couldnt disagree more i run rancor for hairdryers and carbanti........
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I finish farming 1 almost every week are you not buying energy refreshes? If not ... then there is your problem.
    How often do you refresh? I was used to refresh 2 times (100 crystals) and got around 4 stun cuffs per day, means 28 per week. investing 3 or even 4 refreshes is a waste of crystals, because 200 (if its 3 refreshes) crystals x 7 = 1400 = full stun cuff in pve store.

I guarantee you that you're getting more than 4 a day with 2 refreshes. If you spend 500 energy a day, that's at least 10 cuff pieces on average.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I refresh twice per day, sometimes even three times. When I focus on farming one piece of gear (like cuffs), I can get a set in a week. Now, that still means months of farming to get them for everyone, but at least I can get them. And sometimes, I get lucky and salvage from a raid (never been so fortunate as to get a full set from a raid). I'd love to have more ways to get them that didn't cost me (I won't spend fleet currency on them right now), but I'm satisfied with how long it takes. To me, stun cuffs are okay for one simple reason; I can actually farm them. It's other gear I need like fusion engines that can't be farmed that frustrate me. You either buy them, or hope like hell you win them in a raid.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I guarantee you that you're getting more than 4 a day with 2 refreshes. If you spend 500 energy a day, that's at least 10 cuff pieces on average.
    I tracked it for like 2 weeks ... in average, i get 1 stun cuff out of 6 attempts = 2 out of 12 at 10 energy costs its 2 out of 1 refresh. But true, when i stop farming char-shards and go for stun cuffs only, i would get another 6 cuffs (lets say 240 energy per day + 45*3 135 "rounded" down to 120 = 360 = like 3 refreshed) ... that makes 10 cuffs per day ... hmmm .... we should all quit farming shards! :smiley:
    Left by design.
  • Options
    A lot of people haven't figured out that you can't do it all at once. You can't farm character shards, and gear and mods and and and all at once. You need to focus things down 1 at a time. If you need a stun cuff, put all your energy into that until you get it, only takes a few days, if you are impatient you can buy more cuffs in fleet shop. Then resume your character farms.
    I have found that focusing on the gear for 1 or 2 characters at a time and taking them all the way to G10 or 11 before switching works better than trying to do them all at once. First, once you get your couple guys to G10 or 11, they need different gear, so you can slowly start getting thier gear while going back to do the cuffs on the next toon.
    Also cuffs are EASY. They don't need other gear, unlike Stun Guns, Merr-sonn which also need a Mk3 carbanti, which is needed everywhere. I have stun guns waiting for carbantis, Those are the bottleneck. Those and the mk6 syringe which is also needed for several gears and furnaces. Cuffs are the least of my worries, the carbanti strain is real. For every cuff I need, I need at least 3 carbanti.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options

I was thinking it's around a week or less if you do the two 50-crystal regular energy refreshes per day. Keep at it, you can get them if you want them. I'm in favor of a better drop chance though...if it's on the table.

This seems incorrect to me, however no one knows if every player has the same RNG or not.

When i used to farm a gear item that needed 50 pieces, it would roughly take between 2 weeks and a month depending on RNG.

i would get say 5 per day with 2 refreshes or maybe on a good day 8. 5 per day = 2 weeks

But it would only take roughly a week if i save my crystals and spend it on the piece i needed (whether 1245 or 1400 crystals).

• Options
    Well it's more effecient to farm the cuffs with energy if you do 2 refreshes a day, you can do it in about a week. And you would still have a bunch of crystals so spend on other gear. If you are buying gear with crystals you should focus on the gold pieces that cost 750, or the mk7 merrsonn which cost 1249. The 1400 crystals, if you need to spend them, are better spent on a furnace, which is a great deal considering it has 50 furnace parts, and a full mk3 holoprojector and mk6 syringe in it, which are what 1500 crystals if you but them both?
    buying cuffs for crystals is one of the worst returns for your crystals in the game.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options

@Achilles I use 2 refreshes and use all my daily energy (aside from using them for hard node daily) like you. 50/50 crystal refresh and use them on a 10 energy node.

I generally have experienced a 1/3 drop rate for the cuffs, though there were streaks where I would sim 12+ times and get 0 or 12 times with a drop rate over 50%.

It comes down to RNG but you should be able to farm 50 cuffs within a week if you always refresh and use them on 10 energy nodes.
  • Options
    I usually buy the 750 gold gear from shipments and just resign myself to node farming cuffs and guns forever. I can usually buy the holoprojectors 3 pc at a time from shipments fast enough to keep up with other bottlenecks.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Noone is saying that you can't get cuffs, or that everything should be free.

I'm saying that the current crunch is too severe, and is making players LESS likely to keep spending / playing / enjoying.

Just like the credit crunch, the game needs to introduce a new, earned route to getting slow farm mark 3 gear.
  • Options
    +1
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well it's more effecient to farm the cuffs with energy if you do 2 refreshes a day, you can do it in about a week. And you would still have a bunch of crystals so spend on other gear. If you are buying gear with crystals you should focus on the gold pieces that cost 750, or the mk7 merrsonn which cost 1249. The 1400 crystals, if you need to spend them, are better spent on a furnace, which is a great deal considering it has 50 furnace parts, and a full mk3 holoprojector and mk6 syringe in it, which are what 1500 crystals if you but them both?
    buying cuffs for crystals is one of the worst returns for your crystals in the game.

Except....stun guns!

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    BadWolf79 wrote: »
    +1000 to OP.
    And don't we wanna talk about the absurd price for MK5 Stun Guns? 2500 cristals???

That's for the full stun gun, which includes 50 stun gun parts and 50 carbantis. You can buy just the stun gun prototype (which is 50 pieces, same as a full stun cuff) for less than the price of a stun cuff (1279 or something).
  • Holio
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    +2000 to the OP.. cause that's how many I need.. 33 toons w 7 needing doubles..

I'd just like to know why swgoh.com has the correct number for everything but cuffs???
  • Options
    I agree. It's ridiculous, put them in a new daily challenge reward.
  • Options
    Agreed

• Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    I'm currently at a stage where I need over 1600 stun cuffs just to get my characters to their next level. At a dedicated farm rate of 5 per day, that's an entire year of farming stun cuffs.

The gear crunch on mark 3 items is now far worse than the credit crunch ever was.

It's fine to have raid exclusive gear, and big ticket items that are a hard grind: but when you're at a stage where there's 30+ characters who are all stuck on the same gear items, it just makes you want to give up. There's no good economy for the developers here.

Yep, this is where you ask yourself and is probably working as intended:

-Should I spend money now to progress?

-This is too frustrating now, I'm going stick it to them and quit and take my no spending bum elsewhere?

-Just accept it and continue farm the stun cuffs one at a time for the 1-2 heroes I need now?

It's not going to get ea$ier to farm until the next gear bottleneck. Good luck.

This is a pretty decent breakdown. If you think of it in terms of "1600 Cuffs" then that'll surely sticker shock you into submission. As this gentleman suggests, focus on the 1-2 heroes you want to gear up first, presumably the rest can wait. I'm a lock to get at the very least 250 Crystals a day via Arena, so maybe I'm talking from the perspective of a higher GOH tax bracket.

Not saying this is what you should or shouldn't do but this is how I've been farming Cuffs: in fulfilling my 600/600 a day for my guild, I farm Cuffs through nodes, through the semi-regular appearance in Fleet Shipments and on occasion I luck out and get 10-14 from Raid Rewards. At least once a week in Fleet shipments two sets of 5 Cuffs show up and in total I think 3-4 days a week at least one set of 5 will be available. I've obtained 4 sets of Cuffs this way since early February (and a fifth set I broke down and purchased from Shipments for 1400 Crystals). Not blazing speed with these acquisitions but it's an economical method that I know I can count on.
  • Options
    Look, there's no doubt that with single minded farming you can get yourself a few stun cuffs in a reasonable amount of time. But you can't take such a single minded approach to all the other gear items you need over a thousand of. It's hugely disheartening, and doesn't feel like progression when you've already farmed a good 20 or more of these crafted gear.
  • Options
    Even if they just had the same as mk3 carbanti it would be proportionate I think

This discussion has been closed.