Baze Needs Another Farm

Replies

• Options
    I got baze to nearly 6* when he was in shard shop and finished him off with shipments.

Should have started chasing him earlier on
  • Options
    I got baze to nearly 6* when he was in shard shop and finished him off with shipments.

Wouldn't be saying that if you didn't have him 7*

Go ahead, deny the claim
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    I have him in 4* and I think its fine with him being hard to farm.
    Hard node + shipments is fine for a character viable at 3*
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ^not able to 3* the hard node for Baze = totally ignore him as the meta is changing a lot in future. Not gonna "chaze" (hehe).

a year of farming for a single character is to much for me.

edit: would consider farming if he is getting a lower node or a place somewhere in the shipments. +1 with the OP
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Why don't you buy the extra shards from the main shipments? This would really speed up the farm
    Post edited by Smithie on
  • Options
    Beaten horse, I don't care. This topic is still as relevant as ever. The fact Baze is put in ONE hard node on the SAME TABLE AS SHORETROOPER is sickening.

I've been farming his shards ever since he was put there and only got a total of 11 shards. By the time he's 7-star, he will no longer be meta and my hard work will go to near complete waste. Same thing happened with FOTP, not a complete waste but still is a waste for arena.

Also, why is his shards still 80 crystals per shard? If they consider Baze "farmable" then his shard cost should be changed to match farmable characters.

So my suggestion is moving him to a stage 8 cantina node. We have yet to get a character there and for us who completed that stage wasted 112 cantina energy. So let's not have the energy go to waste and add Baze there.

please, no. just save crystals, will you/ Next thing everyone has Chaze, chaze becomes rampant and we'll be back to last year.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »

Go ahead, deny the claim

Why don't you buy the extra shards from the main shipments? This would really speed up the farm

Because I don't like spending crystals on overpriced shards. The fact CG is considering Baze farmable yet not reducing the shard cost from 80 to 50 is plain awful.
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    Beaten horse, I don't care. This topic is still as relevant as ever. The fact Baze is put in ONE hard node on the SAME TABLE AS SHORETROOPER is sickening.

I've been farming his shards ever since he was put there and only got a total of 11 shards. By the time he's 7-star, he will no longer be meta and my hard work will go to near complete waste.

Only 11. Been farming the same amount of time and I have 23.

He's completely viable at 3* at high gear. Stop complaining. We asked for him to get a node/nodes and he did.

Problem with that logic is:
    Me: "hey boss, I would like a raise"
    Boss: "sure, here is 1 cent an hour raise"

its a **** move, the underlying problem is they continue to make it harder to get the better characters in hope that people knee **** and spend tons of cash.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    It took me every bit of 4 months to 7* clone sarge, he has 3 hard nodes and chance in bronzium, putting a character on 1 hard node that a lot of people can't beat, and putting overpriced shards in shipments doesn't make then "farmable". But this is all ea's plan to keep people spending money for crystals to obtain these characters, it's ridiculous imo as baze and shore were released in what November? 5 or 6 months of being out and a ton of new characters released since should make them an easier farm.

And before the "you want everything handed to you posts" no I do not, I'm not asking to throw him on canine stage 1 nodes, but if characters are going to be put on hard nodes only at least make them available on 2 or even 3 hard nodes, that still takes longer to farm than in any shipment stores or cantina nodes.
  • Options
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Yogi wrote: »

I've been farming his shards ever since he was put there and only got a total of 11 shards. By the time he's 7-star, he will no longer be meta and my hard work will go to near complete waste.

Only 11. Been farming the same amount of time and I have 23.

He's completely viable at 3* at high gear. Stop complaining. We asked for him to get a node/nodes and he did.

Problem with that logic is:
    Me: "hey boss, I would like a raise"
    Boss: "sure, here is 1 cent an hour raise"

its a **** move, the underlying problem is they continue to make it harder to get the better characters in hope that people knee **** and spend tons of cash.

Perfect :joy:
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to adding a hard node. The shard shop is only viable farming for whales/dolphins, and buying the shipments for crystals isn't much better. 2 nodes would at least make it possible to farm him too 7* in 5-6 months instead of 10-12.

Yes, he's arena viable at 3* with max gear, but not only are crystal/shard shop farming not reasonably attainable for free players, but we also have to be careful about putting gear into toons we can't use for raids. Raids require 7*.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    +1 to adding a hard node. The shard shop is only viable farming for whales/dolphins, and buying the shipments for crystals isn't much better. 2 nodes would at least make it possible to farm him too 7* in 5-6 months instead of 10-12.

Yes, he's arena viable at 3* with max gear, but not only are crystal/shard shop farming not reasonably attainable for free players, but we also have to be careful about putting gear into toons we can't use for raids. Raids require 7*.

Agreed, except for the shard shop part.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Go ahead, deny the claim

Because I don't like spending crystals on overpriced shards. The fact CG is considering Baze farmable yet not reducing the shard cost from 80 to 50 is plain awful.

Then wouldnt he rarely pop up? Baze is in the hard node and very doubtful it will change. You will only be back if he was changed to 150 shards about the lack of him in shipments.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    It will be pretty hard to put baze out of meta. Unless god is the next tank character..
  • Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Go ahead, deny the claim

Then wouldnt he rarely pop up? Baze is in the hard node and very doubtful it will change. You will only be back if he was changed to 150 shards about the lack of him in shipments.

That attitude just let's CG get away with this kinda stuff.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Go ahead, deny the claim

It was like two weeks ago when it happened some were happy and some were not. I didnt have 1 shard of Baze and was disapointed and not happy about it but life goes on.

Let CG get away with this kinda stuff? You mean give us free characters and crystals here and there. Last I checked CG does not have to give us any of these characters at all.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, make all the OP characters easy farms so everyone can use them. Lose 1000 arena ranks overnight GG.

• Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Go ahead, deny the claim

It was like two weeks ago when it happened some were happy and some were not. I didnt have 1 shard of Baze and was disapointed and not happy about it but life goes on.

Let CG get away with this kinda stuff? You mean give us free characters and crystals here and there. Last I checked CG does not have to give us any of these characters at all.

My point is CG will lower the already low chance of making him an easier farm if we embrace it.
  • Options

Go ahead, deny the claim

Go ahead, deny the claim

This. Truth. Let the haters, hate.
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Yep, make all the OP characters easy farms so everyone can use them. Lose 1000 arena ranks overnight GG.

so you like to have advantages over most of the players to keep your rank? you dont like competition?
  • Options
    +1
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DBane wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »

so you like to have advantages over most of the players to keep your rank? you dont like competition?
    Yes I do (though I'm not sure what 'advantages' I'm supposed to have) and I already have enough competition thanks.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    what makes baze so important that he deserves another place to farm? there are plenty of other toons that need more places to farm as well.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    what makes baze so important that he deserves another place to farm? there are plenty of other toons that need more places to farm as well.

Because Baze is bae
  • Options
    The solution is easy: put Baze at a regular shard price in shipments. Also Rotate and other toons in the shard shop.
    However, I guess EA/CG is trying to give value to those toons that were difficult to get (tourney trophies) by making them not so easy to get, and avoiding the arena shards being overflown with them. Not that I like it, but I understand it.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    since this game is all about making money i think a great idea would be to make a shard shop that takes real cash and put every single toon in it.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    O8Wz9oF.png

More Chaze = More Chaze in GW, so stop this please lol

He. Is. Fine. Where. He. Is.

• BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I'm shocked there's still no one on level 8 cantina. It's been open for months... they should put some shards there since I still don't know a single person that's gotten an omega from those. They're a waste at the moment.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »
    Never chase the meta you're fighting an uphill battle which is counter productive

That's easy to say but what do you suggest doing instead? If you aren't capable of magically predicting what the next meta will be you can't start working on that now, so what are you to do?