Heroic Rancor difficulty increased?

My guild did a T7 Rancor yesterday night after the "update" and he demolished us all.

We were unable to get any kind of TM reduction and he resisted everything!

Almost everyone in my guild had this problem and to make a long story short ... we were unable to finish it for the first time ever.

Has anyone else noticed this change in resistance?
Did EA make changes to the Rancor raid?

Replies

• Options
    What characters were you using?
  • Options
    Man my guild will soon start doing heroics, I really hope EA didn't increase the difficulty, that would seriously **** me off. I feel I'm constantly behind the curve with the updates...
  • Options
    What characters were you using?

Zader, EP, Nihilus, Sidious and TFP.
    This is the same squad I always use and can Solo the whole raid. I've done it dozens of times.

Last night I got crushed. So did everyone else.
    That can't be a coincidence can it?
  • Options
    WAI

Idk what that means.
  • Options
    Man my guild will soon start doing heroics, I really hope EA didn't increase the difficulty, that would seriously **** me off. I feel I'm constantly behind the curve with the updates...

I know. Right!
  • Options
    WAI

Idk what that means.

Works as intended
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    What is the potency of your Zader?
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    What is the potency of your Zader?

If he talks about TM reduction Zader potency don't meter
  • SithlordGamble
    121 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure what my potency is ... but regardless, as I've stated, I've completed Heroic Rancor countless times and have never had that problem. Ever.

Another member of my guild had all potency mods on Vader and wasn't getting any TM reduction or DOTs either ... so I have to believe that potency has nothing to do with it.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    The one bug that might have been fix was the amount of TM the Zader lead would reduce in later stages
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    did anyone use Jyn, Teebo, Rex, or QGJ?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    No, no changes made to the Rancor, announced or otherwise. Any difference you notice is just RNG.
  • Options
    Zader was bugged in a way that gave him increased tm reduction on successive stages. He is only supposed to give a 50% chance to remove 20% tm, but I have seen tm reductions over 50% in phase 4, and I think the chance to remove was also up to 100% by then too. If that bug was fixed then anyone running Zader is going to make it maybe halfway into phase 2 instead of being able to solo the raid, and if everyone uses their best squads to kill phase 1 ten times over then they may not have enough squads left to finish the raid when Zader fails.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    No, no changes made to the Rancor, announced or otherwise. Any difference you notice is just RNG.

Doesn't seem like rng if he's in a guild where many of them solo the rancor with zero problem every time and suddenly all of them combined got their **** handed to them, my guilds 0 damage is ending soon so I guess I'll see for sure then :P
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

Doesn't seem like rng if he's in a guild where many of them solo the rancor with zero problem every time and suddenly all of them combined got their **** handed to them, my guilds 0 damage is ending soon so I guess I'll see for sure then :P

I mean, it's a lot of bad RNG, sure, but still bad RNG. We just finished ours about an hour ago, it was launched after the update, and we still had the same number do a solo: 5 Zader and 1 Teebo.
  • Options

Please post here how it turns out for you.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished rancy. 6 zader solos. Case closed, WAI.
  • Options
    We did a raid 2 hours ago and I shot my usual score so I notice no difference
  • Options

That's exactly it.

So maybe the previous poster was right ... they adjusted for TM ... Bc that is the exact situation that happened ... barely made it to Phase 2 and then got destroyed.

Zader lead is supposed to grant any Empire/Sith TM reduction ... it nullified it for my whole squad.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

That's exactly it.

So maybe the previous poster was right ... they adjusted for TM ... Bc that is the exact situation that happened ... barely made it to Phase 2 and then got destroyed.

Zader lead is supposed to grant any Empire/Sith TM reduction ... it nullified it for my whole squad.

I did a Zader solo barely an hour ago. Still "working". So, as I said, no changes, just bad RNG.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that you all were the usual successful.

So it's obviously bad RNG ... but the whole guild?!
    That part blows my mind still.
  • Options
    The only thing I'm noticing is that he's smarter about targeting. In the past, he'd hit one person, then another, and so on. He almost never focused on one toon; lately, he has been. I've watched him slap down a single toon four times without tarteting anyone else. Then he eats a toon, and again focuses on just one. That does make it harder, but it's still easily beatable by the guild.
  • Options
    Yeah they never buff the Rancor raid....note sarcasm. Which is why people in my guild were doing over 6m at level 80 yet when the cap was raised to 85 those SAME people using the SAME teams with the SAME potency suddenly could barely hit 3m. They have stealth buffed the Rancor several times since its inception, and will comtinue to do so because for some reason they want all old content to remain current.
  • SithlordGamble
    121 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ... and will comtinue to do so because for some reason they want all old content to remain current.

Yeah unless it has to do with the roster full of useless toons. Those they'd rather let rot and release new toon after new toon.

What they need to do is revamp the whole **** roster and update every toon so that they're all relevant and that any squad can be viable.
    There's no reason why every single **** squad in Arena should be the same ... and don't get me started with the speed mods.

Those should either be removed entirely, or make Uber-Speed mods obtainable by all.
    There's no reason that I should be entering an arena battle with 10,000 more in power over my opponent ... and then get mopped like my squad wasn't squat simply Bc they have super speed mods. That's not right.