Would anyone Invest in a PHonix Squad with the Zaul Meta so overpowered.

2Next

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    There's more to the game than Arena.

Arena is the best source of crystals, which r the most valuable resource. Sure there's more to the game, but...u need crystals in some way, shape or form to excel in almost all of it.

There's other secondaries on mods than speed, but they don't provide anywhere near as much as speed secondaries so what does everyone want.

There's teams that aren't meta but guess what, not the case for most ppl. Most want the best they can get.

Arena is the closest we get to competition. Ppl that say there's more to the game than arena, r trying to console themselves bcuz they fare poorly in arena.

Just like ppl that say money can't buy happiness r trying to console themselves bcuz they have none. Size doesn't matter r short-****... etc.

• Options
    Cg dropped the ball
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Ppl that say there's more to the game than arena, r trying to console themselves bcuz they fare poorly in arena.
    Well the money you spent on that psychology degree certainly wasn't wasted.
  • Options
    Phoenix squadron IMO represents the complete monetization of the fleet arena.
  • Options
    Monxie wrote: »
    The answer is short and simple: Because they have great ships!
    Honestly, ships is the content I enjoy the most in the game - and Ghost & Phantom II are fantastic ships. That's why I'll take all members of the Phoenix squad to at least G10.
    (I'm not a whale btw) :)

You so crazy.
  • Options
    I have Sabine at gear XI and 5* - she's very useful in various squads in GW. Eventually when I get her to 6/7* I'm eager to see how she does in raids

And yes, the game isn't just about arena
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Granted, arena is how u earn the greatest amount of crystals and Phoenix atm can't hang w/ the meta. But, metas come and go...

Sidious
    Dooku/OB dodge
    Phasma
    Rebels
    Rex/Maul

Just bcuz they aren't meta atm, doesn't mean they may not be tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just because they're not meta in arena doesn't make them useless or bad toons and eventually they could become useful in another facet of the game. I started a few weeks after launch and had no idea what I was doing(still kinda don't) and leveled and geared up JC just to watch him stare at me as I passed him over. Then he became useful once ships launched and he helps me take top 5 every day
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    zMaul isn't overpowered.
  • Options
    Not really any more than I currently would. From some of the videos and the game play in the event I find Phoenix squad extremely boring to play.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    zMaul isn't overpowered.

At this point, anyone saying zMaul is not overpowered is either a poo poo head, or thinks everyone else is a Poo Poo Head and is Poo Poo enough to buy it.

A leader ability that gives the highest dodge rate, and 20%tm Crit immunity, Advantage, Stealth on a dodge or Critical hit, Gezz....

It sucks that because of Poo Poo Heads like Gank_Killer spouting nonsense this was not fixed a long time ago.

When 8 of the top 10 all have the same squad it is bad for the game.

Sorry Gank had to be said.

• Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    zMaul isn't overpowered.

At this point, anyone saying zMaul is not overpowered is either a poo poo head, or thinks everyone else is a Poo Poo Head and is Poo Poo enough to buy it.

A leader ability that gives the highest dodge rate, and 20%tm Crit immunity, Advantage, Stealth on a dodge or Critical hit, Gezz....

It sucks that because of Poo Poo Heads like Gank_Killer spouting nonsense this was not fixed a long time ago.

When 8 of the top 10 all have the same squad it is bad for the game.

Sorry Gank had to be said.

It's all good bro. You're just wrong.
    Leave my Maul alone, he **** sithnuts all up until the past couple months. He's not going to sit at the top forever, no one does. Heck, this is the most diverse top 10 Arena EVER, of course the little girls are going to complain about the easiest "best" to get.
    Sorry Vice, all those tears are making you salty.
  • Options
    I just Find your argument so silly. Its not overpowered because there will be a new overpowered setup in a few months....

Some of us do want a Balance in the game with a good Variety of squads.
  • Options
    I didn't invest heavily in them, but got them all up to 4* (Hera at 5*, as I got lucky with a pack), gear 7. They are super fun in GW, and their ships are decent. When they are farmable, I'll go all in on farming them for raids.

I'm one of those people who grabbed the characters because I like them. Even better, the ships are amazing.