So about all of our gear challenges....

Ouchie
1233 posts Member
I appreciate the QoL update that let us run the highest tier available of each and included all the lower gear as well. It was a nice little perk, however there's a bigger issue that needs addressing. We need new tiers with updated gear.

GJFWltI.jpg

Replies

• Options
    What are you leveling that you have all those Carbanti 3s and keypad 4s? While I agree with the sentiment, I count the days to get back to 50 Carbanti, and I have so many toons waiting at tier 7 on more keypads.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I agree on all of it except for the carbs. I need like 2 full ones right now, and have over 1000 of most of the other gear.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    The carbantis I only really need for stun guns and I haven't been farming them lately. I don’t even know what those keypads are for anymore tbh
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    They keypads pile up quick now that we can get them from challenges without having to choose, but yeah it's all so useless. I think I've got 13 full syringes crafted now, and only need the carbs and the possible omega from the challenges. All others are useless.

Meanwhile, the gold challenge gear is the only 'reward' I get from the Tank raid, so I'm suuuuuuper happy that those exist as a reward :unamused:
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    They keypads pile up quick now that we can get them from challenges without having to choose, but yeah it's all so useless. I think I've got 13 full syringes crafted now, and only need the carbs and the possible omega from the challenges. All others are useless.

Meanwhile, the gold challenge gear is the only 'reward' I get from the Tank raid, so I'm suuuuuuper happy that those exist as a reward :unamused:

Jesus please send some syringes over this way! I probably need 800 e-fing salvage, 300 of which are just for stupid Cody..
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

Jesus please send some syringes over this way! I probably need 800 e-fing salvage, 300 of which are just for **** Cody..

Haha I'll trade for carbs :tongue:

But yeah I haven't started gearing clones yet so literally no one needs syringes for me. But honestly we should have like 1000 of all gear that isn't the new raid gear. So many toons need new gear, yet we're still stuck farming gear from the lvl 70 cap...
  • Options

Jesus please send some syringes over this way! I probably need 800 e-fing salvage, 300 of which are just for **** Cody..

Haha I'll trade for carbs :tongue:

But yeah I haven't started gearing clones yet so literally no one needs syringes for me. But honestly we should have like 1000 of all gear that isn't the new raid gear. So many toons need new gear, yet we're still stuck farming gear from the lvl 70 cap...

You can have my carbs, I probably have 1000+ of them...
  • Options
    Easy fix, change all the rewards to purple raid gear.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarWhales wrote: »
    Easy fix, change all the rewards to purple raid gear.

Unfortunately this a very top lvl perspective, low lvl people still need alot of low lvl gear.

But a gear exchange/npc store would be great.
  • Options
    I could take all your excess gear and use it in 20-30mins...
  • Options
    nice to reduce the problem based only in your personal experience.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Devs refuse to say anything about excess gear....good luck with that.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    You just haven't leveled up the right characters yet. There are tons that need those sensors!
  • Options
    Honestly I'd be happy if they added another tier with raid gear but a chance to get 1 or 2 a time. At least it gives us a way to work forward
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Almost 500 eyeballs? Ummm, yeah.... I could equip twice that many right now. Seems everybody needs one or two.
  • Options
    My stupid idea to "fix" the Daily Challenge Gear Challenges is to vary them by month.

January = MK I gear
    February = MK II gear/salvage
    March = MK II and MK III gear/salvage
    April = MK III and MK IV gear/salvage
    May = MK IV and MK V gear/salvage
    etc

By the time November and December rolls around, random level mixed in with MK XI stuff, but at slightly reduced quantity.

So even new players has a chance, but if they want, they can donate them when they are in a Guild. Or they can stock them up for a very long time.

This would be fair to everyone, no matter when they started, and no matter how high up you are. This will help everyone who eventually gets new Toons throughout the year, and have a small stockpile.

If you joined the game in October, and managed to get 3 MK IX salvage in December, they would be useless to you for a long time. Donate them in your Guild, and hope by the time you need them, a newbie will donate them to you. Also adds to the "part of the team" portion of being in a Guild.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    What do you expect when you have been farming the same challenges for a year? Yes you have some extra gear but people who started last month will still need a lot of this gear. Maybe you can put in a ticket to have them reduce your rewards? Only get 1-2 for each salvage every challenge?
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    What are you even talking about? I'm suggesting a higher level of gear challenges with new gear. I could not care less that I have 2000 of some useless gear. I don't want to sell them. I don't want to convert them. I would not expect devs to implement either of those things. If they did, I'm sure they wouldn't do it so that it would even be worthwhile..

With the QoL update, adding a higher tier with newer gear that higher level players need would not prevent those starting out from getting the gear they need.

Why would anyone be AGAINST the idea of a higher tier with more usable gear?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    So you are asking to add cuffs and guns to challenges? Or are you asking for a new gear teir(g12) so we can start to get "new" challenge gear?
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Title of thread "So about all of our gear challenges"

Higher tier gear challenges with different, more usable gear for those trying to get g10, g11, etc.