zdooku or Zavage under ZZihilus lead?

Prev1
I'm so sick of the Zaul meta in the arena I want to abandon it and try a Nihilus led Sith team. Yeah, I get #1 more or less every day (all RNG these days against other Zauls) but I have so much fun with Nihilus in GW.

I know Zavage under Zaul is brutality at its finest, but I wasn't sure if that would translate to a Nihilus led team. I also have seen some pretty insane dookus under Nihilus countering and healing like no tomorrow.

Who would you pick? I'd like to run DN (double zeta) Zader (high health) SA (TM, Speed, and amazing shocker), one of the two above, and then experiment with Palp or Zaul as the 5th. Any tips?

Replies

• Options
    Did you purposely do the "z" scheme 3 different ways in your subject? :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    i would replace vader with savage then have dooku as your fifth. Savage keeps heath immunity, daze, and shock off your allies so they can keep gaining health
  • Options
    I would also run both and dump Vader.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    And fifth I'd say sith trooper ^_^
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    87Pf2wK.jpg

Do both drop Vader
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Zavage is the best out of your options, he's my next pick for zeta. Running double zetad nihlus dooku palp GK and savage/chirrut for last slot, works very well, I can auto rex and zaul teams.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I'll run both. Is non-zeta dooku viable under double zeta Nihilus until I can zeta him?
  • Options
    Numanoid wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I'll run both. Is non-zeta dooku viable under double zeta Nihilus until I can zeta him?

Dooku's Zeta does absolutely nothing under Nihilus lead.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Numanoid wrote: »

Dooku's Zeta does absolutely nothing under Nihilus lead.

Crit immunity is still a good option on a fragile chars but this is not much that's true.
  • Options
    Dooku zeta doesn't do anything under nihlus because he doesn't get that protection regeneration.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku isn't really worth a zeta under nihlus lead, and is awesome at g11
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jadrianlittle/
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll not worry about zeta on him for now. My initial thought was the +15 counter damage on his zeta under Nihilus' +60%. I was going to mod him for +offense to make those AOEs hit back hard.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    87Pf2wK.jpg

Do both drop Vader

May I ask how a fight vs zMaul/SA goes for you?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    87Pf2wK.jpg

Do both drop Vader

May I ask how a fight vs zMaul/SA goes for you?

I have still never lost a match on offense, the triple ignore protection with savage allows early over power on enemy DN.

On def drop about the same of shard mates using zaul/SA to around 10-15

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    zhe Zitle zurts zy zeyes
  • Options
    zdooku gains protection back by attacking.... under a nihilus lead ... with no protection ... i don't know if it might be Change to health
  • Options
    But under nihilus lead will Zavage gain health by his HoT? Standing on Nihilus Lead i would say no...
  • Options
    health buffs don't work under nihilus lead, so i think Dooku might be better than Savage under Nihilius
  • Options
    I just had to fight Zihilus, Zooku, Palp, Trooper and Vader in GW. It was one **** of a team. Switching out Vader for Assassin or Zavage would make it even worse. Of course, these were all 7* G11. Perhaps that team is beatable if they're lower, but that team went through everything I threw at it until I finally managed to kill Nihilus (after which I dealt with the rest fairly easily)
  • Options
    Doesnt dookus and savages zeta work under zihilus? Thought is say, theyre invulnerable to other healing then lifesteal??
  • Options
    What mods [except speed mods] on Savage, Dooku and SA under Nihilus lead?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    What mods [except speed mods] on Savage, Dooku and SA under Nihilus lead?

Offense/speed are priority under DN L
  • Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    Dooku zeta doesn't do anything under nihlus because he doesn't get that protection regeneration.

Wouldn't any protection regen just be converted into health? So it would be like a double health boost alongside health steal?
  • Options
    ZzzZzzzZzzzzzZzzzz
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn't any protection regen just be converted into health? So it would be like a double health boost alongside health steal?

Part of DN lead is you get no other healing of any kind except for health steal, so no.
  • Options
    No mention of Zid under zNihilus Lead...why?
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    No mention of Zid under zNihilus Lead...why?

Because he cannot crit (neuters AoE) and cannot gain bonus health from enemy/ally deaths. He's a hard-hitting Sith with his basic and has a large health pool, but isn't as good of a candidate as Sith Assassin or Sith Trooper are.

zDooku does NOT gain bonus health from his Zeta. However, if he somehow gains bonus protection from a Protection Up buff and is missing any of that protection, his zeta will replenish that missing bonus protection. But as soon as the bonus protection is gone, his zeta is back to useless. Dooku without zeta is sufficient under a Nihilus lead.

zSavage CANNOT gain bonus health from his HoT buffs under Nihilus. His zeta, however is very useful in that it will "cleanse" his ally Sith, potentially keeping Nihilus free from ability block/stun and allowing him to get his Annihilate off successfully.
  • Options
    Dang....I was reading zNihilus Lead ability as "immune to 'negative' Healing effects that aren't Health Steal (as applied by the enemy).....

Soooo.....
    Zavage healing doesn't work under zNihilus Lead?
    Zid healing doesn't work under zNihilus Lead?
    Zooku recover 10% protection (and would be converted to health under zNihilus lead) doesn't work?

This is crazy that nothing seems to work. Is what I typed here all true?
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was very interested in building a strong zNihilus lead team but if so much doesn't even work and then you still drop out of the top 10 then why bother? I can currently reach #1 for payout (we rotate the top spots). I would hate to dump a ton of resources just to find that zNihilus Lead is yet another good team on offense but yet another garbage team on defense that anyone can plow through. Ugh.

So I am guessing that Rebels, Jedi, Empire, Zaul, Rex teams can all win against this when they are on offense?
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I was very interested in building a strong zNihilus lead team but if so much doesn't even work and then you still drop out of the top 10 then why bother? I can currently reach #1 for payout (we rotate the top spots). I would hate to dump a ton of resources just to find that zNihilus Lead is yet another good team on offense but yet another garbage team on defense that anyone can plow through. Ugh.

So I am guessing that Rebels, Jedi, Empire, Zaul, Rex teams can all win against this when they are on offense?

I rarely drop out of the top 10 with my nihlus lead. It takes quite a bit of effort to get it right tho. I have his lead zetad, then palp dooku GK chirrut. Not anyone can plow through it, and I can fully auto every team I play